This hotel is located across from the main train station. There are numerous other hotel options nearby. This is costs a little more than others so I expect it to the superior than others. It partially met my expectations.
-Excellent location. It's across the street from the main train station, subway, airport shuttle (10 euros to the airport). It's the best location in town.
-Newly renovated inside. Very modern.
-Very good breakfast with lots of variety. There was a female waiter there who really made an impression of being friendly, delightful and efficient.
-Some food options nearby.
-I was given an small corner room. It's about half the size of a normal hotel room. I almost felt claustrophobic. I felt like I was in Japan.
-The subway is directly underneath the hotel. When the subway passes you can hear. During non-peak hour it's every 8 minutes or so, but much more frequent during peak hours. When the train passes the building rumbles a little. Not good for light sleeper. Otherwise there is no street noise from the outside.
-8 euros per day of internet. And the WIFI reception is poor and drops out often.
-Unlike the friendly female waiter in the breakfast room, the front desk staff wasn't too friendly.
-The bed is a bit hard.
The highlight of the hotel is the location. I think it can improve on its front desk service. Overall it's a good hotel because it's newly renovated and well located.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Starhotels Anderson Hotel in Milan is located near the city centre, directly opposite the Centrale Train Station. True to its location, our 4 star hotel in Milan has a metropolitan lounge atmosphere and is a landmark hotel for the Italian fashion industry.Staying here means it's easy for you to reach the historical centre and explore the most exclusive shops and Galleria, fashionable spots and the Navigli. The Starhotels Anderson in Milan features 106 contemporary rooms and suites, 4 conference rooms for up to a total of 70 people. Our Fitness Room is open 24 hours a day. Few restaurants in Milan fuse dining and design quite like the Black Restaurant by Eataly at the Anderson. Take in the cool, minimalist interior as you dip into an artfully prepared menu of international and local dishes, all complemented by an extensive wine selection. Or, for a relaxed morning coffee, a light snack or classic cocktails, the stylish Black Bar is a Milan favourite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Starhotels Anderson reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Starhotels Anderson Milan
- Starhotels Anderson Hotel Milan