I have stayed here several times on business but recently came with several others for a leisure weekend. This hotel holds up very well on both counts.
Positives: front desk staff are fantastic! Helpful with travel plans, calling restaurants and taxis and have great suggestions and generally very friendly and professional. Rooms are a good size, very well equipped and appointed. Higher floors are better so that you don't get the rumbling from the train station nearby. Beds are very comfortable and choice of pillows is good. Breakfast is good and nice wide choice - must mention the fantastic staff in the breakfast room - very attentive! Concierge staff, especially the man from Mauritius, were very helpful and efficient.
Negatives: there aren't that many but the things that could be a mild hindrance for me staying again were - the long flight of stairs to access the hotel lobby from the main entrance was difficult for high heels and older people (though I'm sure they have alternative access as we saw a wheelchair bound guest being catered for very well). Also, there was no plug by the bed, so couldn't have my phone next to me. Dinner menu prices were in keeping with that of a good restaurant but too expensive for a hotel of that size. Really didn't like MTV on the screens in the bar area - didn't feel very sophisticated. Also, I wouldn't say that this is a good romance hotel as the rooms not very intimate like the Westin for example.
However, we needed to access the station a lot over the weekend and the convenient location can not be beaten. Just a short walk at the end of the day and flipping down onto the hugely comfortable bed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Starhotels Anderson Hotel in Milan is located near the city centre, directly opposite the Centrale Train Station. True to its location, our 4 star hotel in Milan has a metropolitan lounge atmosphere and is a landmark hotel for the Italian fashion industry.Staying here means it's easy for you to reach the historical centre and explore the most exclusive shops and Galleria, fashionable spots and the Navigli. The Starhotels Anderson in Milan features 106 contemporary rooms and suites, 4 conference rooms for up to a total of 70 people. Our Fitness Room is open 24 hours a day. Few restaurants in Milan fuse dining and design quite like the Black Restaurant by Eataly at the Anderson. Take in the cool, minimalist interior as you dip into an artfully prepared menu of international and local dishes, all complemented by an extensive wine selection. Or, for a relaxed morning coffee, a light snack or classic cocktails, the stylish Black Bar is a Milan favourite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Starhotels Anderson reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Starhotels Anderson Milan
- Starhotels Anderson Hotel Milan