1,530 results
All reviews train station pillow menu stazione centrale breakfast room hotel is located main station convenient location would highly recommend this hotel reception area deluxe room nice breakfast yogurt visit milan business hotel public transport duomo euros
Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

We picked Starhotel Anderson for the great location which we can not fault. This hotel is ideal for transport links to and from the airports. The staff in general were polite and helpful and we were made extremely welcome throughout our stay.

I would also recommend the food in the hotels restaurant as this was delicious and the prices were reasonable for Milan.

However the rooms were ridiculously hot and when we queried this we were told to just open the window. This would have been fine if it was not for train line that was nearby. The train was not an issue when the windows were closed but when hot and tired was extremely frustrating. When I asked about air con we were told it was turned off for thw window and nothing can be done.

In regards to the breakfast, if you like powdered eggs and hotdogs then this place is for you. My new wife after day two decided croissants and nutella was her only option as thw rest of the choice was limited.

Would I stay here again I find myself asking myself and if the aircon was available in the winter and the eggs were cooked fresh then yes if not despite all the positives it's a no.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SALOPIAN81
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Starhotels Anderson is located next to the Central Station, which is also where the airport buses arrive and depart. We paid €5 to take the bus from the airport in Bergamo, and once we got off the bus the hotel was right there. Very convenient!

We got a room on the 8th floor after a €20 per night upgrade. After upgrading we also got free WiFi. The room was nice and clean with a good view. The large mirrors made the room appear larger and it created a sort of exclusive feel. My favorite part was probably the spacious bathroom with a large tub and plenty of soft towels.

Breakfast was OK, but not spectacular. I missed some fresh fruits and berries, some more whole grain bread and some fresh vegetables. The breakfast is typically Southern European with white bread, marmalade, Nutella, canned fruits and cereal. There was also a bit of an American twist with bacon, sausage and "powdered" scrambled eggs. The staff was very helpful and friendly and they offered us coffee as soon as we sat down.

The overall service was good, but be very specific on what you want and expect if you ask for advice on where to have lunch or dinner. (We arrived during "siesta" and were advised to eat at the Central Station - and that was quite a disaster. I recommend using Trip Advisor instead. Go downtown!) However, the man who checked us in and out was very helpful and friendly, and the staff was generally very accommodating when we asked for help to make reservations at restaurants we wanted to visit.

I had four good nights of sleep - and if I ever go back to Milan I would definitely consider staying at the Starhotels Anderson again.

Room Tip: We chose to go for the upgrade, and we did not regret that. The view on the 8th floor was nice!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2013

The location was perfect for those who travel by train as the hotel is nearby the railway station (just 100 meters away) . Design was so cool that I even made some pictures of some details in lobby. Our room was very comfortable and soundproofed

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed here 7th to 9th December, as wanted to take my son to see Inter at the San Siro, everything was really good, from check in to departure, the room was large, good standard, breakfast was fine, even managed get a drink, after getting back from the match, the staff were friendly and helpful, this was perfect base for Milan, will definitely use it again

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank paddy1964
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I have not stayed at the Star Anderson Milan before but from my first time experience recently at this hotel, I would certainly stay here next time I visit Milan.
Located just across from the main rail station, it was a fifteen minute walk into the centre or longer if you wanted to breeze down the wide avenues and take in all that Milano has to offer.
The room was well appointed, clean and tidy. Breakfast was good and the coffee tasted wonderfully different somehow, plus the apricot croissant made for a perfect feast.
We were given free 24 hour wifi access as there were a few hitches on check in. Nothing drastic but George on Reception felt we deserved it as we had been patient during this process. It was much appreciated.
Only other comment was that the hotel was very hot throughout. This was rectified by the good old fashioned method of opening the window in my room.
Great hotel in good location.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business