“lovely hotel - very well located opposite central station”

Starhotels Anderson
Ranked #57 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Belvedere Marittimo, Italy
“lovely hotel - very well located opposite central station”
Reviewed 13 February 2014

This was our second stay in this hotel. I remembered it was very well located - directly across the road from Central Station and that influenced our choice this time.
The staff are great, the food in the restaurant is fabulous (the dinner menu has a very good value four course fixed price menu for meat, fish or vegetarian) and the dishes look as good as they taste.
Couldn't fault it!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nowinitaly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

Literally in front of central station, metro, bus station. Staff very helpful, friendly and will go out of their way to accommodate requests, just like all Starhotels I have stayed at in Italy. Very good value for money, got a rate of €86 for a superior room with buffet breakfast included. Very prompt reply to email requests and on top of it its pet friendly. My room 608 was perfect: large yet cozy, great lighting, bed and bathroom. Kettle and many Tv channels. I could not find one fault during my stay. Go for it!

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Nina N
Canada
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I cannot fault the service we received at this hotel. We stayed for one night, travelling next day to Florence by train. The central station is directly opposite and the bus from Bergamot airport stops within a very short walk. An ideal location for us. The room was large and well equipped. The breakfast offered a very wide choice. What also made the stay so good for us was the friendliness of the staff, even when we arrived so late. We will stay again and are happy to recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in the non-smoking room 402
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Riga, Latvia
Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

I had a wide choice of hotels while planning a trip to Milano, there was a vast number offered by expedia and lastminute... After reading the review and hotel description, I have made my choice. Before some weeks I stayed in Nederlands and Belgium in 4 star hotel, but this 4 star is much higher. Service is amazing, polite and quiet. I think it is the first hotel they do not disturb guests while cleaning in the morning. Btw, I have seen or heard no other guest, nevertheless this 9 floor hotel is full. Breakfast - not large, but superb quality, homemade juices and bread, variety of Italian specialities. Room is perfect, while booking I mentioned an anniversary wig the husband, so the hotel gave me a really intimate room, far from the elevator. Will taste the Black restaurant tonight... We requested a lunch to the room from there - it was superior. I highly recommend the place.

2 Thank Aleksandra K
Alpharetta, Georgia
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 2,021 helpful votes
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I arranged two nights at this hotel last October. I then managed to break my leg and wished to transfer the reservation to May of this year.

The hotels position was that the "cancellation" fee would be 100%. Therefore, they kept 326 Euros for the two nights I couldn't use. Seems very unfair.

You can be assured that I will not be staying at any Starhotel on my upcoming May trip.

5 Thank Trek-Always
Maastricht, The Netherlands
Reviewed 20 January 2014

great location, good rooms and good breakfast. if you want to explore milan, great location. bussen from and to the airports (€5 each way) stop almost in front of the door of the hotel. subway close by. everything you need to get around milan quick.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank m-town2185
Kettering, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

We picked Starhotel Anderson for the great location which we can not fault. This hotel is ideal for transport links to and from the airports. The staff in general were polite and helpful and we were made extremely welcome throughout our stay.

I would also recommend the food in the hotels restaurant as this was delicious and the prices were reasonable for Milan.

However the rooms were ridiculously hot and when we queried this we were told to just open the window. This would have been fine if it was not for train line that was nearby. The train was not an issue when the windows were closed but when hot and tired was extremely frustrating. When I asked about air con we were told it was turned off for thw window and nothing can be done.

In regards to the breakfast, if you like powdered eggs and hotdogs then this place is for you. My new wife after day two decided croissants and nutella was her only option as thw rest of the choice was limited.

Would I stay here again I find myself asking myself and if the aircon was available in the winter and the eggs were cooked fresh then yes if not despite all the positives it's a no.

2 Thank SALOPIAN81