Although the check-in desk was quite small and in the basement (semi basement), it was extremely efficient. Our first impressions were that the hotel looked a bit dingy, small and old, but we quickly realized that this was due to the European standards where the scale is smaller for most of the hotels. We were subsequently pleasantly surprised that this hotel surpassed all of our expectations. The common areas and rooms are extremely clean and well furbished, the paint and carpets were almost spotless, the room was big and roomy, beautiful bathroom, a large window that opens with a window-edge you can sit on and have a drink... Yes we can hear the trains passing underneath the hotel from morning to night on the lower floors as some critics mentioned it, but this is nothing in comparison to the excellent quality service, amenities, cleanliness and location this hotel has to offer. We were on the 3rd floor and don’t know how the noise is like on the higher ones. The continental breakfast also exceeded our expectations: exceptionally good and friendly service, good selection of cereals, breads, fruits, yogurts, cheeses, cold cuts, and some extras like scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs, bacon and sausage (Italian style!) - more than enough to start the day and keep us full till late afternoon! Although this hotel is not quite in the old part of the city, its location is also exceptional: right next to the train and subway station, located in a great neighbourhood with plenty of restaurants, shops and markets, only about 30 minute walk to the beginning of the old city - or a short subway ride at 1.00 Euro a fare... you can't go wrong!
We would definitely go back there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Starhotels Anderson Hotel in Milan is located near the city centre, directly opposite the Centrale Train Station. True to its location, our 4 star hotel in Milan has a metropolitan lounge atmosphere and is a landmark hotel for the Italian fashion industry.Staying here means it's easy for you to reach the historical centre and explore the most exclusive shops and Galleria, fashionable spots and the Navigli. The Starhotels Anderson in Milan features 106 contemporary rooms and suites, 4 conference rooms for up to a total of 70 people. Our Fitness Room is open 24 hours a day. Few restaurants in Milan fuse dining and design quite like the Black Restaurant by Eataly at the Anderson. Take in the cool, minimalist interior as you dip into an artfully prepared menu of international and local dishes, all complemented by an extensive wine selection. Or, for a relaxed morning coffee, a light snack or classic cocktails, the stylish Black Bar is a Milan favourite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Starhotels Anderson reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Starhotels Anderson Milan
- Starhotels Anderson Hotel Milan