“Really pleasant Night Auditor - 3 thumbs up to the staff - bkfst could be improved.”
Review of Ibis Milano Centro

Ibis Milano Centro
Ranked #163 of 426 Hotels in Milan
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Needed some lodgings fast and cheap... and tried that Ibis, without much expectations apart from being close to the "Centrale" train station.

Was received really nicely by a super helpful and pleasant male Night Auditor / Receptionnist, in the dead of night... and this is worth mentionning, as this hasn't alsways been the case w. Ibis / Accor, on other properties...

This is one sublime country, where - alas - one is (or perhaps was) not always helpful to foreigners, yet these guys were certainly proof to the contrary! So, three thumbs up for a Stirling job to my receptionnist / night auditor (night of last Tues to Wed), and keep up the good job!

The rest of the staff was also nice and helpful (a welcome change from other horror stories - again, not this property), but I did regret the processed cheese at the bkfst buffet, when you know what lovely cheeses Italy has to offer!

So... budgets allowing, I'd really love it if someone at Ibis managed to upgrade the cheeses at bkfst, and provide at least one tasty local sort...

I know its cheesy, but lets be daring!

Finally, a shame that there weren't any power points next to the beds... With all the batteries a modern traveller gets to charge overnight, the more... the better...

Room Tip: Some tramway or other street noise... Not sure what to do to avoid it...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Ibis Milano Centro

Reviewed 17 December 2013

A friend and I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights during a business and pleasure trip in December 2013. The Hotel location is pretty good, you can walk to the Republica metro station, and you could reach the train central station if you walk around 2kms. The Duomo is also at waking distance, and several restaurants are a close walk. The Hotel itself has basic installations, which we would recommend to visitors in need of a good place to stay, but not looking for much more. No business center, and very slow internet would rule it out for any business oriented trip.
Rooms are of decent size for the price range, however, beware of noisy road side ones; there is a city tram in the side street, which will wake you up when it goes by.

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms on the right side facing the tram street.
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights and thought the service was horrible. Here is my experience...

I checked in at around 10pm. There were 2 staff members at the reception. I waited at the line for about 2 mintues to check in - which was acceptable. I provided my reservation number for the lady to retrieve my record. Then she asked me to pay the city tax of 4 euros per person per night. I didn't realise I needed to pay anything before as I prepaid everything when I made the booking. The reception told me (in very poor English) everyone had to pay the tax - OK then I paid 24 euros. The lady then asked me to sign a sheet written in Italian (it was probably a kind of acknowledgment, I guess...). I don't speak Italian so I asked whether there was an English version. She said no. I really could not understand why a hotel (under an international hotel group) could not provide English version notice which requires tourists to sign. Unfortunately I did not have choice and had to sign it.

Two weeks before my trip I ordered something online and emailed the hotel to ask whether I could deliver the parcel to the hotel. The staff replying me said it should be fine and kindly provided my the hotel address again so that I could arrange the shipping. After I placed the order, I emailed the hotel again with all my order details, order number and tracking link. Another staff replied me they would keep the parcel until I checked in the hotel. At that time I was quite delighted and I thought the staff was really helpful. But when I checked in I got stuck at the reception counter because the lady helping me with check in said (3 times) that they did not receive my parcel. I showed her my email conversation with another staff but she still said no. At last I gave up and went back to my room.

When I was back to my room I did the most stupidest I have ever done - I emailed the hotel that I wanted to check about my parcel! Response was quick and positive and the staff replying said I could get the parcel at the reception. The next day, I went to the reception again to get my parcel. The reception staff rejected me (again) at first and then I insisted and showed her the email last night. Finally I had got my parcel back...

On the same day I left my room for 15 minutes for a quick grocery shopping at the supermarket. I left 1 of my 2 key cards in the room and kept the lights switched on. And when I was back to the room, my key card disappeared. I was forced to go to the reception again to get a new key card (without checking anything.. I doubt the security level). After 30 minutes, the housekeeping staff knocked my door and opened my door within 3 seconds after knocking! I was in the room and going to open the door for her. She seemed panic, said sorry to me and returned me the key card.

I was being pissed off most of the time during my stay in this hotel. Despite the proxmity to metro station, Centrale station and clean room, I am still very sure I will not stay in ibis hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 December 2013

The hotel décor is a bit more funky that the usual Ibis style, which was nice. Very welcoming foyer and check in staff were lovely. Room has all the typical Ibis amenities you would expect. Nothing special but everything you need for a good night sleep. Was in town just for a quick overnight business stay and the hotel was located only a 10 minute walk from the central railway station which made it handy.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

This hotel has good location, walking distance to central train station, metro, and tram station. The room is basic, clean and comfortable. I arrived early with long international flight but the staff gave me early check-in, which was much appreciated.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

We had just arrived from a wonderful but tiring trip from Tirano, and found our way to Stazione Milan Centrale at 7pm. As we couldn't find the Tourist info, we decided to taxi it to the hotel, which was 9 euro for a less than 5minute journey, so did feel a bit ripped off (also found that the taxi had taken a roundabout way to get to the hotel, when actually it was across the roundabout). Paid 56euro for their twin bedded room only. The next day we found that it was a 15minute walk, but with heavy bags this can mean more of an effort and time. It is actually closer to Republiqa metro station, one stop from the Centrale station. Once out from the Republiqa station, its a block away across from Hotel NH Macchiavelli.
Pros
- Warm, spacious and comfy room
- Free wifi
- Power hot shower with a tub
- Styled as a hip hotel with hip decor
- Free storage of luggage while we explored Milan the next day
- Friendly staff
- Quiet room off the street
Cons
- Located further off the central grid, so would stay closer to the station if overnight in Milan again.
- The station area is quite lively, while the hotel surrounds is too quiet and not much food choices etc
Overall, a good stay. I would stay again, for a lower price and if it was more than two days. Otherwise, I would stay across the station at the local Italian brands or Best western Atlantic which we saw on the way to the Central train station.

Room Tip: Higher floors may have better views
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JemimaBond
Reviewed 3 December 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com