“Great value”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great value”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I was on a short business trip so chose this for its location so that I could walk through the park and up to the Duomo. It's bright, spacious, clean, contemporary. I had a good night's sleep, a pizza (fine) and breakfast (fine). Free wireless. Helpful staff. Good shower. The bed would be too small for a couple, fine for one. My only feedback would be a lack of sound proofing but for under 100 euros for bed and breakfast, it's a small complaint.

It's only a three star hotel, but scores 4 from me today.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank SuzanneDLondon
OCOPPI, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Ibis Milano Centro, responded to this review, 27 December 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to fill in a review on Tripadvisor following your stay in our hotel.

It is for us the best way to measure our guest's satisfaction and to know where we need to focus in order to provide to our guests the best experience and customer service possible.

I am very pleased to read that in the overall we fulfilled your expectations and that you enjoyed your stay at Ibis Milano Centro.

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We had a very spacious room for 3 adults with a double and another single bed on the 3rd floor at the end towards via Tunisia and not on the other side. I am assuming all rooms at this location of each floor would be similar (spacewise). Because of some online booking problem we were booked twice for the same dates, but after some discussions the friendly staff corrected it and our credit card was refunded. We stayed there 5 nights and were happy with our overall experience. Only negative was the restaurant prices for the amount of food served. Also you can get a can of drink for 50 cents from corner grocery store a block away but you pay 3 euros in the restaurant for the same can.

Room Tip: Take the room at the end towards via Tunisia.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

London
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We stayed here 3 nights during our break to Milan and would definitely return. The hotel has a great vibe, clean with comfortable beds. Bathrooms are spacious and breakfast set us up nicely each day. Fantastic location, Metro very close by with fabulous restaurants literally just around the corner. 5 minute walk from Centrale station was an added bonus.
We did have an issue with the air conditioning, which was fixed within 5 minutes, and an issue with water draining from the shower, again fixed within 5 mins. Would definitely recommend for a city break.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
OCOPPI, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Ibis Milano Centro, responded to this review, 21 November 2014

Paisley, United Kingdom

This hotel is in a great location, 10 minutes walk from central station,
The building itself is kept very clean & the maid cleaned our room every day (5night stay)
Booked b&b so, disappointed we couldn't get a coffee the day we left (did leave early but signs said we could get early riser breakfast between 4 & 6)
The rooms are on the small side so, glad we were sharing the suitcase.
Other downside is, when I booked I wasn't informed about the city tax which cost us another €40
Staff wise it's hard to criticise, they were all pleasant enough although the language barrier was evident, the girl in the bar kept us going with ice for the room etc,

All in all a decent find

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank brydo_h
VLISACCHI, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Ibis Milano Centro, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know your experience by writing a review on Tripadvisor
We regret the standards of service fell short of your expectations and we ask you to accept our most sincere apologies.

Concerning the breakfast, I confirm that we can propose for our early or late risers, hot drinks, fruit juice, cookies or pastries from 4.00am to 6.30am and from 10.00 am to midday! Just ask our staff from the bar (or the reception) to prepare it for you.

Concerning the tourist tax, please be informed that this tax is applied in all hotels of the city of Milan and mentioned on all our confirmation of reservation as well as on our website.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again soon at IBIS Milano Centro.

Executive Assitant Manager
Hong Kong
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I stayed in Ibis Centro February this year for 3 nights. The hotel was in very good location. 10 mins walk from Central Station, & 5 mins walk from nearest subway station. The room was small, but clean. The price was reasonable & with breakfast included. The breakfast was simple, but good.

The only problem that stop me from visiting this hotel again was that the safe box was not safe. The last night of my staying I found I lost two 100 euros notes out of ten. I got other things in the safe such as cell phones (old type), wallet & 1000 euro cash (ten 100 euro notes, I remembered this clearly as I exchanged the money from the bank with receipt. I deliberately put them all in the safe for my later use in France). What I lost was only 200 euros, but nothing else.

I reported the case to the hotel reception, then took the cab to the police station to report as it was in the middle of the night. I talked to the hotel duty manager the next day again how this happened & passed him the Police Report. He told me that he would let the group to investigate & feedback to me in 2 months time. I didn't ask for any compensation from the hotel as I got travel insurance to cover my lost. I only wanted a proper investigation.

Of course no feedback after 2 months until I asked. And the answer I got was that only the hotel duty manager got the key to open the safe box, so they found no problem. BTW, the safe was the password type that you select 4 digits of password yourself.

Ibis Centro was good in many ways, but I would not stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience by writing a review on Tripadvisor.

We deeply regret that you have lost 200 $ during your stay in our hotel, but I can assure you that we have done a deep investigation following this issue as we take such matter very seriously.
As per the information we have collected after analysing in our system the openings of your room and your safety box, it appeared that no one could have opened your safety box in your abscence as the safety box was properly closed with your personal code.

Even if we deeply regret that this money has been lost during your stay in our hotel, we truly hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you again, giving us the opportunity to regain your confidence in our hotel.

Best Regards,