“Perfect for city visit”

Ibis Milano Centro
Ranked #164 of 427 Hotels in Milan
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 8 September 2010

Close to central station (however ensure you have the route analyzed prior to travel, as its complex to get name of streets in Italy). Spacious rooms, with usual price advantage if booked early. Value for money. Close by metro station provides easy access to must see places in Milan.

Reviewed 4 September 2010

I spent 3 nights at the beginning of July 2010 in this hotel and can warmly recommend it to every one who's looking for the best correlation between the price, quality, comfort and location. They have a promotion for a long weekend and the price is with 30% discount so the double room costs just 151 euros (without breakfast). The room was very clean and modern furnished. The bed was super comfortable. You can easy to find Ibis hotel if you walk just straight from the square of the Central rail station, where is the main stop of the buses from Malpensa and Orio del Serio (Bergamo) airports. It takes just 10 min walking or you can take a metro (red line) to Porta Venecia station and them just 3 min walking trough via Tunisia, which is on the main shopping street Corso Bueno Aires. You can use metro (red station again) to reach quickly Duomo (just 2 or 3 stops away). The tram stops are very close as well so you have many and easy ways to reach the city center, Cental rail station, shopping areas, sight-seeings and whatever you want to go in Milano. I can't say anything about the free Internet connection or the food and service in the restaurant because I didn't use these facilities but if you're hungry you can find in the area many small nice places for coffee with breakfast, ice-cream, pizza and even Billa supermarket. The only problem I had in the hotel was that sometimes I couldn't open the room door with the card. I saw another customer to have the same problem so it will be good they to change cards time to time or just to check the locking system because it's a bit annoying.
I enjoyed my stay in this hotel and if I come back to Milan again, with sure I will stay there.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 August 2010

I choosed the Ibis Milano Centro after reading comments on Trip Advisor. This was obviously an mid-budget hotel. It was OK, nothing more.

Easy to navigate from the train station, the hotel is located on a secondary road and it's in a quiet location. There is not too much dining options close to the hotel (5-10 minutes walk). We tried the restaurant within the hotel and I was disapointed with the choice offered and the pricing, which I found to be very expensive for what you get. We are not talking about fine cuisine, but the prices in Milan seems to be higher than average everywhere anyway.

This hotel does not offer free Wi-Fi. You have to pay 15 Euros per 24 hours. Connection was hard to make with the 3rd party provider. May be it was due to the room location.

Bottom line, I got what I paid for, nothing more. It was OK, not fancy.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2010

stayed here overnight while travelling home from milan airport.
we arrived around 730pm at central station. the map that is provided by the hotel makes it look much nearer / easier than it actually is. Ok so it's not miles but neither is it as near as they make out. coming out of central station there were no road signs that were on the map, there were no "you are here" type maps in the station and every member of staff in the station said they didn't know where it was. we had already left the station when we found out that there was an info point upstairs. So we didn't get off to the best start and clearer directions would have been much more useful.
Probably best to take the metro to republicca and walk from there. When you don't know where you are going it seems a long way!
On arrival we were met by very pleasant reception staff who checked us in. What she didnt tell us was that there were two sides to the hotel, one side for rooms up to 23 and one side for higher than 23. Of course we went the wrong way!
The room was a typical ibis room. Spotlessly clean and functional. The bathroom was also spotless. Hair and body shampoo is provided in bottles on the wall. The shower was hot and powerful.
The local area is very quiet. We were surprised to find a lot closed, it was a Saturday evening.
The next morning, checkout was at 12 so we didnt have to rush and we could leave our bags free of charge at the hotel.
When we were leaving we took a taxi to the station for about 8 euros with 2 cases
I probably won't stay in Milan again but I would stay here.
We paid 59 euros and thought it was excellent value

Reviewed 6 August 2010

I agree with the previous review. I've just returned from Milan where I stayed at the Hotel Ibis Milan Centro. All that traveler needs there will be found. Tidy bathroom, clean room, decent breakfast, and of course most importantly a fast connection to downtown. If ever visit Milan again, I will certainly return to this hotel.

Reviewed 23 July 2010

Hotels in Milan are usually a nightmare. They are overpriced, old, mouldy, and very uncomfortable. Ibis Milano Centro was a delight. It's about a 5 minute walk from the Metro station and a 5 minute cab-ride to Milano Centrale station. The reception lobby is big, bright and clean with an efficient staff. The rooms were refurbished, clean and bright with clean bathrooms, and LCD TV.
Overall, considering price, location, and what is usually available in Milan - Ibis Milano Centro is a winner!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2010

Ibis Milano Centro is very good for anyone arriving by train because it's in a walking distance (15 minutes) from the station. For people coming from Malpensa airport is also good, because there are bus coming from the airport to the train station.
The Ibis is very close to the city center. You can go by foot (15 minutes) or metro (2 or 3 stops) to the most important attractions like the Duomo, Scala, via montenapoleone and much more.
About the hotel, is situated in a quite area and is a tipical Ibis. Rooms with no luxury but with everything you need (and with a great price for Milan). Definitely one of the best price/quality ratio hotels!
A couple of friends of mine went there this year and liked it too.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple