“We love the hotel and will be back”
Review of Hotel Cavour

Hotel Cavour
Ranked #86 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 13 June 2011

The hotel was good enough. We stayed in a hypo allergenic room and it was very clean. The breakfast was good and the location of the hotel is excellent for the shoppers:)

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
contebenso, Direttore at Hotel Cavour, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2011

We are very happy you enjoyed your stay at Hotel Cavour and we hope to have some new services to surprise you during your next stay in Milan

Reviewed 4 June 2011

We spent one night at Hotel Cavour in May 2011. We arrived very late due to a flight delay. The staff were very kind, understanding and accommodating. Our arrival was so late that it was not possible to get dinner in a restaurant. The bartender, however, very kindly set us up with salad and sandwiches.
The room was small but it was clean and the bed was comfortable. We found the bathroom to be clean and modern.
The internet station in the lobby was helpful. We enjoyed the breakfast, which had a large selection of hot and cold items.
The price, for a big city, was reasonable and we would be willing to stay at Hotel Cavour again.

Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank athena-fl
contebenso, Manager at Hotel Cavour, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2011

Dear Sirs, we are very happy you enjoyed your stay at Hotel Cavour and we like to learn by your review to improve our services. We are happy to advice you we introduced in our offer our superior rooms slighty bigger by classic rooms and with some more services included like free room breakfast, Fragonard amenities and our guide "Passeggiare a Milano".
Of courss we also have our suites and some of them have a view on Duomo Cathedral.
We hope to have to pleasure to have you as guests at the Hotel Cavour and we shall be happy to do our best to make your stay in Milan a very happy experience

Reviewed 26 May 2011

I find it hard to put into words just how bad this hotel is.
The rooms are disgusting, dated, poorly equipped, noisy and dirty.
The aircon doesn't work, the hotel is full of mosquitos.
The staff are rude.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank nicporter1
contebenso, Direttore at Hotel Cavour, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2011

We are very sorry about this comment. We really do not understand how so many different things could be considered wrong all togheter.
We take in big consideration comment received and from these we learn how to improve our service but this comment is too generalistic to learn something.
I shall be very happy if nicporter1 will write to me telling better what was wrong. In this case also this comment will can be usefull

Reviewed 24 May 2011

I had decided to pay more to be near the center and enjoy a little bit of luxury for 2 days in the city where I used to study. I was first quite surprised with the small size of the rooms, and the feable flow of the shower. Only luxury I could see was the size of the TV screen, which I didn't watch.

I spent two 'ok' days - two computers available, so could work for a bit; double glazing; not far from the center; good breakfast. (Strange moment when one of the maids opened the door of my room without asking for proof of my identity, grabbing a set of keys from the cleaning cart).

Right at the check-out though, I've had to deal with the most agressive receptionnist, who acted completely outraged when I asked him the receipt for the mini bar, receipt which proved wrong (+134%). He started acting ironically and barely "accepted" (!) to refund the receipt.

I then started remembering another couple who had had a strong argument with another receptionist one day before. If you want to enjoy your stay until the end, avoid that one.

Room Tip: Not in that hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
contebenso, General Manager at Hotel Cavour, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2011

Dear Sir, I really am sorry about the contact with our receptionist, even if I realize that he solved the problem about minibar.
I am happy to understand you had a good stay in our Hotel.
About size of our rooms, they are exactly ad decribed in our website and this is the size you can find in all four star hotel located in the historical center of an european city.
I hope to have the opportunity to see you again at the Hotel Cavour

Yours sincerely
Guido Gallia

Reviewed 4 May 2011

I stayed at Hotel Cavour for three nights with a friend in March this year. The booking was made by my friend as I was too busy with a work conference just prior to my trip, hence I did not get a chance to review the hotel on tripadvisor prior to the travel - which I often do on holidays. The price of the double room in the hotel was not cheap so I was disappointed with the room when I did see it. The main issue I had was that the room was way too small for a double-room with just a tiny amount of space between the two beds - it was basically a double-bed where the two cots were separated out by moving them a few inches apart. The room was disappointingly small for two persons and we felt walled-in during our stay. The same was the case with the wash room which was also on the smallish side. In addition, the windows of the room opened on the main street hence there was traffic (although not heavy) throughout. I am not sure if all the rooms were small in the hotel but I was quiet disappointed for the price being charged.

In addition, the noise is a problem as I am not sure if the doors/walls are adequately sound proof. On the second night in the hotel I was repeatedly woken-up by sounds of doors opening/closing on the floor and there was also a lot of noise from the room above our floor. We were so disturbed that my friend went to complain to the reception about the noise from the room on the floor above ours. I do think the reception took some action as the noise went down soon after.

The cleanliness of the room and washroom was good and no complaints on that front. The location of the hotel was good and it was about 15 minutes walking distance to the duomo and shopping area etc. We walked pretty much everywhere from the hotel although there was a tram stop not too far. The hotel provided breakfast with the room which was good although the friendliness of the service varied with the staff. The wifi was charged but the connection speed was good.

There were other small things in terms of service which the hotel can improve so as to be more welcoming to the visitors. If I happen to visit Milan again I would probably look for another option the next time and rate this as average.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank dnaruka
Reviewed 10 April 2011

At first sight, I got scared as the hotel lobby, lift, etc, need urgent renovation and reception staff wasn't very welcoming (all extremely old-fashioned), but finally the room wasn't bad at all and had been renovated recently. Breakfast was quite OK as well.
The hotel is located 15 mins walking from piazza del Duomo, close to the luxury boutiques area. Decent for a business trip.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 March 2011

we stayed at the hotel for 3 nights and we really enjoyed it. comfortable room, really good breakfast, friendly and helpfull service from all. Location was really convinient and walking distance to shopping and restraunts. The only disappointment, but it might be expected, parking was expensive.
Would recommend the hotel highly

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
contebenso, Direttore at Hotel Cavour, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2011

Dear Sirs,
we tahnk you very much for your comment and we are very happy you enjoied your stay at Hotel cavour. We realize parking cost is not cheap. The problem is that car parking is very expensive in the center of the city where there is a strong lack of car places. Anyway our rates are not higer than the garages in our area ones.
We hope to have again the pleasure to see you again in your next journey