Best Western Plus Hotel Galles
US$308
US$253
  • Breakfast included
Klima Hotel Milano Fiere(Milan)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$121
US$226
US$167
  • Breakfast included
Eco-Hotel La Residenza(Milan)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$127
US$122
TripAdvisor
2,363 results
All reviewslima metro stationcorso buenos airesamerican barturkish bathrooftop terraceshopping streettop floorfamily roomclean roomsexcellent locationtriple roomreception staffstayed here for nightsbreakfast buffetmain shoppingeasy accesshotel is located
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 September 2010

The Galles Hotel is situated in the center of Milan, right on Corso Buenos Aires, one of the most important shopping street of the city, only 4 metro stops from the Duomo. We stayed there 3 nights, the rooms are quite, very clean. The breakfast is great. The GM Mr Arnaldo Sbarretti is very professional he leads a team of friendly and helpful staff. I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank RamziM
Reviewed 23 August 2010

I was very pleased with hotel's service (especially very impressive Francesco at the front desk), room cleaniness and buffet breakfast. Decent location as well for someone who is enjoying shopping but has limited spending budget. I would without the doubt recommend this hotel .

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 July 2010

I stayed here on the hotels opening weekend. It's in extremely close proximity to Corso Buenos Aires Lima underground station which is connected to all the most convenient transport lines in Milan.
Now to the hotel! As you'd expect from a brand new hotel, it's extremely well decorated - to a very high standard too!

I booked a Deluxe King room which was brilliant. I've stayed in 5 star hotels that couldn't even scratch the quality of this room.

In terms of bedroom quality, this hotel is by far the best bedroom I've had to stay in, this side Dubai. The bed was extremely comfortable and we were provided with an abundance of pillows and cushions to increase our comfort levels further.

The room had two (yes... 2!) 40" flat screen tv's with freeview channels on both. We didn't spend that long in the room over the weekend to make good use of them unfortunately! Unfortunately, the blu-ray player wasn't in the room even though the website said it should be there. This wasn't really a problem because as I said, we didn't spend enough time in the room to need it.

Unfortunately I didn't use any of the room service or the bar so I cannot comment on these services. However, any requests I made were promptly dealt with and I left the hotel a happy customer!

The free complimentary wifi was also brilliant. I've always had problems getting online with other hotels but the Galles hotel was no problem to access and was always superfast and accessible from my iPhone.

PS: Request room 509 for an excellent room!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 July 2010

My wife and I completed a 2 week stay at the Galles in June 2010, and we will definitely stay there again when we return to Milan. We requested a ground floor room before our arrival and the staff was able to accommodate our request. We were pleasantly surprised at the size of the room and the bath, and we never felt cramped. The room had high ceilings with beautiful moldings and wallpaper, and heavy draperies which, when closed, completely blocked light and the infrequent sounds from Street. Housekeeping kept the room spotless.
The staff at the front desk helped us with planning our sightseeing day, identifying our transportation choices, booking theater tickets, and answering all of our questions. It was personal service, and we loved it.
We booked the "bed and breakfast" rate, which included a breakfast buffet on the weekends and breakfast cooked to order on the weekdays. While we never dined at the hotel for dinner, the dining room was elegantly appointed. Freshly squeezed juice, fresh fruit compote, porridge, cereals, and fresh breads were also available. The wait staff was prompt and polite, and always greeted us with a courteous smile.
If you like large hotels with grand entrances, and huge crowds, (and in general, impersonal service), the Galles is not for you. If however, you want a unique hotel experience, with a pleasant and attentive staff, who you will get to know by name, stay at the Galles. We will be back

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2010

Unfortunately because of a train strike we called ahead to book this hotel for another night. When we arrived at 10:30 pm we were given a room that had been tried out by someone else. The toilet was not flushed, the soap had been opened, the beds had been sat on, (the first night the beds were like laying on giant pillows, so if you were looking for something on the firmer side this definitely was not it. Then the air conditioning did not work. There was definitely no customer satisfaction as they tried to argue that the air conditioning was working. The hallway was much cooler than the room. We had to pay 160 Euros, and were told there were no more rooms. We were awoken in the morning to jack hammers renovating just a few doors down. They promised to upgrade our room for the next night, but were only given the superior room that we had already booked. There was no upgrade given. The second night the air conditioning worked, but the toilet would only flush once every 6 hours. When we tried to get them to correct the mistakes we only received comments of "sorry". This is definitely not a 4 star hotel. Although the location was good, that is about the only positive comment. I have a feeling that others might have had a better experience if there rooms had already been renovated. We have travelled a lot, but this could only be compared to a 2 star. Finally after asking them to kindly consider giving some kind of discount for the inconvenience two nights running they gave us 30 Euros off. The staff were not overly friendly.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple