“Close to everywhere”

Best Western Hotel City
Ranked #91 of 426 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Hotel only 2 mins walks to Lima station and it takes u to Duomo only 5 mins, closed to shops such as HnM, Zara, Furla etc. Easy to find food from Italian cuisine to Burger King and if looking for rice dishes, there's Chicken Kitchen next to Burger King (I think its Turkish cuisine).
Room is big enough and the breakfast is okay

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ibuerte
Omar S, Direttore at Best Western Hotel City, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2014

Dear Guest,

thank you for you comments, we are pleased that oyu have had a nice and pleasant stay and that you were satisfied with our central location.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Hotel City

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a business trip for a conference. The hotel is good location with bars and restaurants close by. Tram stop is right outside which is perfect for travelling to the Congress centre or tourist attractions. The room was ok but could hear everything going on in the room next door which was not great for early starts. Water in the mini bar was not free but quite cheap. Reception were very helpful and always happy to help with directions. Only had breakfast once. It was generally ok but nothing special so decided to eat out. The room was overlooking apartment block so nothing special but not really a problem as didn't spend much room in the hotel. Free wifi was a bonus but ridiculous system of needing a separate code each day (didn't understand this at all). Great taxi service to and from airport, bedroom and bathroom cleaned every day. Overall the hotel was as expected but biggest problems were the psper thin walls and the bed. The bed in particular was very uncomfortable and unsuitable for anyone with a bad back. Very hard mattress. First night, I only had a few hours as it was so difficult to get comfortable. Wouldn't stay there for another city break but fine for short weekend site seeing or business trip.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Omar S, Direttore at Best Western Hotel City, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Mel,

thank you for your comments, we are happy to read that you suggest our hotel for business trips and short stays because of it's convenient location and connections.
It is really a pitty that you have not tried our breakfast because all guests are extremely satisfied with it, I think this could be a good reason to come and visit us again, do you agree?
However I hope you had a pleasant and comfortable stay, you should try our new rooms, we are planning some renovations...

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Towards the end of June 2014 I took the train from Paris to Milan, for a three day visit. Once in Milan, I took the subway towards Porta Garibaldi, got off in Lima station and the hotel was 50 feet away. The room is small (for me, this trip was Europe on a budget), 17x9, very clean and has a frigobar, TV, closet with safe. Nice comfortable bathroom (with the famous bidet), and AC. The hallway gets sometimes crowded at odd hours, making it difficult to rest after a long day of walking. The breakfast was included on the price, and it was great, sweet and savory croissants, fruit salad, hard boiled eggs, all kind of luncheon meat, fruit juice.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Pastoruri
Reviewed 8 July 2014

As always, great and easy stay. Super convenient location. Also, most rooms have been refurbished and I was told the rest are coming soon which will make it even more appealing.
Will book again very soon for both personal and business.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank deedeeonholiday

Dear Sir,

thank you for your positive comments, you are perfectly right: new rooms will come soon!
We hope you will be able to try them out in a very next future.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I have read through a few of the reviews here and disagree slightly with a few but here is what I found.....the hotel is in a great location if you like the more affordable shopping of Corso Buenos Aires. A few mins and you are at Lima Metro station which takes you directly into the Duomo main part of the city. Also a good range of nice restaurants close by (the one around the corner that is advertised in the foyer is very nice). We stayed as a group of 10, so had 4 rooms which gave us a good idea of what rooms are like here. We had one room on the top floor which was more like an apartment and looked brand new, was very very nice and a huge big sunny terrace as well. Bathroom was very modern and new. the other rooms were only slightly older and were still quite nice and very comfortable, in keeping with other Best Western hotels I have stayed at. Staff friendly. Wifi, free, slow but still useable.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 578cassc

Dear Sir,

thank you for your positive comments, we are happy that you disagree with the few negative reviews we have got.
As you wrote, we are placed in an ideal location to move around the city, thanks to the undergound station too.
Our rooms will be soon renovated, so you have a good reason to come back with all your friends and have a look at the brand new accomodations!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Lets get rid of the negatives to start with! From the outside it doesn't look too good - just a neon sign fronting on to a busy main street. It is a good 15 minute walk from the station and about 40 minutes into the main Piazza del Duomo. My single room was very small and the view from the window was awful however ....... I can recommend this hotel if you want a couple of nights in this lovely city.

I had a warm welcome and the reception staff throughout my stay were very pleasant and helpful and spoke very good English. My room was spotlessly clean and I had 2 good nights sleep as it was quiet. There was a good selection at breakfast and plenty of it!

Although quite a long way from the centre it was straightforward and down a busy main road so quite OK for a female travelling on her own as I was. The distance from the centre was reflected in the price as it was much cheaper to stay here than closer in (although still expensive at just under £200 for 2 nights) Oh and there were tea and coffee making facilities in the room which is unusual for Italian hotels.

Room Tip: I requested a room at the back away from the traffic noise
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear Mrs. Carole,

thank you for you positive review!
We are happy that you were satisfied with your stay and with Milano.

Hoping to have the possibility to welcome you again soon, I send you my best regards.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I would say this is a very good 3 to 3.5 star hotel. It's definitely not fancy, but is well-maintained, well-managed, relatively up-to-date style-wise and very clean. Overall, I had a pleasant stay.
I usually try not to stay at Best Westerns, but Milan was pretty much sold out the weekend I was here, to the point that most regular hotel rooms were about $550 per night. I mean, insane prices. I managed to get the last room here on a reservation website for about $300 (including tax). That amount of money is NUTS for a hotel like this. Still, it was the best deal in town and I'm VERY glad I got it. I think if you're paying around $125 to $150, you'd be much happier with your experience. There was nothing wrong here, except maybe for weak A/C.
The hotel is located on the treeless, charmless Corso Buenos Aires, a busy but not especially fancy shopping street (think H&M, not Louis Vuitton). It is, however, incredibly convenient. It's just 100 feet to the Lima subway stop. The Duomo and Milan's high-end shopping area are three subway stops away. You can also get here easily (with one transfer) from the Central Train Station. It's not that long a walk to that station, but the area between the Corso B.A. and Central Station is one of the sketchier in central Milan, pretty run down with lots of graffiti.
SUBWAY TIP: Definitely buy the 24 hour ticket... it's a real deal. We got our tickets at the Central Station. It's the only place we had to be wary of street people. There are a few guys trying to make a buck (or euro) by "helping" you buy your tickets... which is not necessary since all ticket booths have touch screens in English. I told them to get lost, but they are persistent and ignored me. This unpleasantness could easily be avoided by better policing. The machines are really slow and the guys distract you so I forgot to pick up my change, which you get after the tickets are issued. I lost 1 euro. No big deal, but still annoying. Get a one-day pass and bypass these con men.
Arriving at the hotel, you will feel like you're slumming it just a little. The modest entrance is on a pass-through shopping arcade about 50 feet from the street. The pleasant night front desk clerk (a woman) tried to accommodate our request for a higher floor, but we checked in late and got a low room facing the street. You could hear some street noise (from an atypical street festival), but it wasn't too bad. The room was smallish but okay, the bed was fine, the bathroom ridiculously small but functional. The next day, we moved to a room in the back of the hotel, thinking it would be quieter. Mistake. The A/C didn't work as well (on a coolish spring day) and it faced an ugly apartment courtyard.
The wifi was free and worked well and the self-serve breakfast (included in our rate) was surprisingly good and the high point of our stay. It was held in a large, bright, clean dining room and had a very good selection of food. There was lots of seating, a friendly staff and a super-quick coffee machine that makes great coffee.
This is a nice, modest, well-run hotel. For what it is, it's good.

Room Tip: Get a high floor on the front side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Andrew W

Dear Mr. Andrew,

thank you for your detailed comments, we are very happy that you have enjoyed your stay in our Hotel by appreciating our service, position and value for price paid.
Sorry for the inconvenience of the room on a lower floor, if you might have the opportunity to come back in town, we will promise you a room on the 7th floor, with a nice balcony and a comfortable bathroom.