“Good location”
Review of Hotel Fenice

Hotel Fenice
Ranked #141 of 426 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 10 April 2013

for those without car and big expectations.Metro stop is in front of the hotel but private parking for which they charge 25 euros per night is some 350 meters away in another street,so you must either drag your luggage from parking lot which is not easy or stop for a minute in front of hotel to unload.Rooms are small,basic,fridge is more heating than cooling,breakfast is very basi,.for those on tight budget who want to see Milan and shop in less expansive shops the location is ok but for those who expect more it is not suitable place

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Hotel Fenice

Reviewed 2 April 2013 via mobile

Our first visit to Milan, we used Trip Advisor to find this hotel. Brilliant location and, very important if arriving by car, they have access to extremely secure parking facility just 3 minutes walk from hotel at reasonable cost. The staff were very helpful and the room had only recently been refitted with high quality furnishings and linens. We arrived late at night night and the staff recommended a super little restaurant to us which was close by, reasonably priced and frequented by locals, a great start. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Fenice and would definitely stay there again when next in Milan

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Patrick S
Reviewed 20 March 2013

Having spent 4 days in Lake Como we were looking for a good value hotel in a central location but without any bells and whistles. We found it in Hotel Fenice. The reburbished room we stayed in was perfectly fine for a 3 night stay, the rate seemed cheap for Milan and the breakfast was ok. So, nothing flash or luxurious but fine if a weekend break to see the sights is what you are after. Bledar on reception was particularly helpful. We got free wifi via our booking which was great but it only lasted for a couple of hours so we had to keep going back for new wifi vouchers. The location is about a 20 min walk from the Duomo but close to the tube network. You can walk to the Central station in around 30 mins if you need to. So, a reasonable location if you don't mind tubing or walking. With some of the prices being quoted by other hotels we felt we had got a good deal.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2013

Our 4-day stay at Fenice was perfect.. The room was spacious and clean.The front office and restaurant staff were very kind and helpful..Great location and lovely breakfast.. Special thanks to Bledar!

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 19 January 2013

I really was suprised to find 4 star trip advisers ratings for this hotel. I was booked in by my company because my first choice was unavailable. €108 per night. The staff where very nice, my room as clean and fittings where fine. Shower only in a odd shaped bathroom unfortunately and the WiFi didn't work at all which was a disaster for business user (no cable available). Small footage with tall ceilings which made it feel a little smaller, perhaps that's just me. The hotel was full of fiery Italians shouting until gone midnight and children crying although of course the hotel had no control of this I was in a poor state the following morning. Breakfast was adequate. Glad to spend a few extra Euro's and move the following day.
4 stars it is not.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank OliWatts
Reviewed 10 December 2012

Situated in a cool area of Milan, very convenient for shopping, public transportation, dining and museums. Few steps away from the Giardini. Nice old architectural appeal of the facade, and just well remodeled elegant and stylish rooms. The staff is fantastic, a great oiled team with superb attention to every detail. We came back one day and they were putting on newly washed window treatments. The room was always smelling of fresh and clean, very pleasant. A great experience overall and don't forget the generous breakfast buffet with super fresh pastries to die for. Extra compliments to Bleder at the front desk (super nice and reliable, with a vast knowledge of the city) unlike the lady in the morning, and Sara in the breakfast area, these people will go the extra mile to make your stay as comfortable as possible. A very nice stay, we will go back and suggest it to all our friends and clients!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2012

I had asked specifically for a room with a bath rather than a shower and was more than a little disappointed to find that my request had not been complied with ans even more upset that the receptionist(male) appeared to feel that I was being unreasonable in identifying this an issue.As I am 75 years of age with a back problem and had arrived after having travelled since early morning I felt he was being rather unsympathetic in recognising the importance of a bath rather than a shower and he appeared to take very little responsibility for the fact that the booking clearly stated my preference and that the hotel had failed to deliver or inform me at the time that they could not comply so that I would have had the option of booking elsewhere. Moreover, he held out no hope for a camera con vasca being available the next day.
The following morning I spoke to the new receptionist-Maria-Paola who initially continued the argument that I had not specified a bath, but when I pointed out the wording on the reservation letter, her attitude changed completely and she somehow produced an appropriate room within about three minutes and arranged for staff to move our clothes while we were out. She continued to be most helpful during the rest of our stay .
The rooms were rather small but very clean and well appointed. Our first room was at the back and we heard rubbish being collected at about 6.00 but the second room was very quiet.Breakfast was a good selection with good coffee and staff who cleared the tables very efficiently and were very pleasant and helpful.The breakfast room was sufficiently spacious to ensure one did not feel crowded and the atmosphere was very agreeable.
The hotel is very conveniently located a due passi from the Metro and not far from the centre of the city if one would prefer to walk . For Euros 8.30 one can buy a 48 hour biglietto giornato which covers travel by Metro, autobus or tram which provides excellent transport to all parts of the city.
After the first night I was prepared to write a fairly critical review as a result of the unsympathetic response from the first receptionist. After Maria-Paola's intervention I have nothing but praise for my experience from the period following her intervention. Grazie mille Santa Maria!

Room Tip: Avoid rooms at the back if you wish to continue sleeping after about 6 o'clock. After the rubbis...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple