“"Clean basic hotel in a great location for Centrale Station"”
Review of Hotel Garda

Hotel Garda
Ranked #185 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This hotel is in a great location for the Centrale Station and the metro to get you to the main attractions of the city. There also a good selection of places to eat near to the hotel,as we did on our first night, as arrived about 9pm. The hotel is basic but rooms very clean with fully tiled bathroom and great shower. We only used the hotel for sleeping as were out all the time and also had breakfast out, so I cant comment on food or bar service. If it is a base you are looking for, close to the station at a good price and to have clean comfortable room, then this is ideal. I would return again when in Milan.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 14 June 2014

coming from siena, i just had to catch my flight back to manila via milan. so i all i needed was a safe and convenient place to spend the night. hotel garda fit the bill given its price and location. the front desk staff also helped me find a better (and cheaper) option to get to the airport: instead of taking the cab, he suggested, i take the bus from the central station which was just a around the corner. the morning staff also helped me with my luggage as i was traveling solo. so even if the hotel is definitely old and basic, for its service and location, i'd say it still a good choice if you're in milan for a super short stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank maskinano
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We stayed here two nights and really enjoyed it. The rooms are spacious, very clean and comfortable. The staff are very professional and helpful. The location is perfect, only a few minutes walk from the central train station. The metro station is half a block for easy access to Duomo and other sites.

Room Tip: We were on the 5 floor in double comfort room. Very quiet
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stopped over in Milan for one night at this hotel to break our train journey from Belgium to Venice. It is very close to the Central Railway Station (Milano Centrale). For the price, I believe this hotel was good value. The staff were helpful, supported by the fact that I made a minor error when making the online booking, and a follow-up email to the hotel had the room type changed at my request and at no extra charge. A reasonable continental breakfast was included in the price. The hotel was clean, and functional. If anybody travelling through Milan is looking for accommodation for a similar reason, it would pay to check out this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Based on reviews here I booked a room for one night. I was looking for an inexpensive room located near to Milano Centrale. I had a flight out the next day, and I just wanted to hop on the Malpensa Express. Hotel Garda seemed to fit the bill, but previous reviews had indicated noise issues and staff concerns. When I booked my room I asked for a rrom that was quiet.
On arrival, I reminded the young lady at check-in that I had asked for a quiet room. Sje said immediately, "Not by the elevator, not by the street." And my room was just fine. For the price, it was small, but so what. It was quiet, clean, and functional. TV stations included CNN and BBC news. The staff of day and night shift was very pleasant. As I left, I thanked them for the stay, and we wished each other a pleasant "Arrivederci."

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 May 2014

The room was very basic. It was quite stuffy inside, but the air-conditioner couldn't be turned on, so I had to open the window. The flush in the toilet is in a very old-fashioned design.
The tap was dripping all night long. Lucky that I was too tired that it didn't disturb my sleep.
Payment by cash can enjoy a discount on the bill. This can offset the money I paid for wifi.
The hotel is located very close to Milano Centrale Rail Station. While the street where the hotel is located is safe, the Rail Station is full of thief-looking guys. A gypsy woman literally robbed my change from the ticket vending machine at the station. Beware!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 May 2014

They put my room near the lift for some reason, so I heard lots of noise earlier in the evening which didn't bother me all that much. But every time I went into the room I could smell lots of smoke in there. After being in there for a little while I didn't smell the smoke, but I didn't enjoy knowing I was in a room where someone had smoked...and what was I breathing in.
Breakfast is wonderful for 10 euro, near the Central station which helps, tv works...but the early morning reception guy is a gruff, somewhat nasty fellow FYI. The other staff was fine in the afternoon and evening.
Myself I would NOT stay there again. There are better places that are close than here.

Room Tip: Not near the elevator!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo