How your stay is in this hotel all seems to depend on whether you get allocated a refurbished room, or an old one! I had read reports on here of nice rooms with flat-screen TVs, good facilities etc, and also reports of scruffy rooms, sleepless nights due to trams outside, old TVs and fridges that didn't work.... Unfortunately we got the latter!
Having said that, the room was very clean, the en-suite facilities were adequate, the safe in our room was free and seemed secure as we set the code ourselvces, and the room basic but could have been worse. But we were right above the front door so it was very noisy, and the trams thundered past outside until the early hours and from about 5am. The PC with free internet in the hall wasn't working either, which was a bit annoying, and the staff didn’t know what to do about the error message we kept getting.
We were there for breakfast the first morning and it was fine - quite a bit of choice and buffet-style so you could have what you wanted. The next day we had to leave very early. We told the reception staff that beforehand and they kindly made us up takeaway breakfast packs, which was nice of them.
The staff on the desk we met were friendly and tried to help. Most spoke English very well. It was just a shame about the room - I just wanted to go home for the first hour, although I was glad I didn't in the end. But for 230 Euros a night, I did expect better overall!
So, a mixed experience all-in-all!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Monopole in Milano is a transit place, few steps away from central station, the most important crossroad in town. People lodge in our place for short or long stays creating a mix of different energies. There are two typologies of rooms, in order to accomplish different tastes and needs: the economy rooms and the superior rooms. All rooms have private facilities, air conditioning, safety box, tvsat and direct dialing telephone. Superior rooms havefree wi-fi and lan connection in the room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), HostelWorld, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Monopole de la Gare reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monopole De La Gare Hotel Milan
- Monopole De La Gare Milan