My fiancée and I stayed here as part of our weekend for the formula 1 in Monza. It made for a decent base to get to and from the circuit as well as a trip to Lake Como with Milan Central Station being just over the road. We wasn't looking for anything special and in many respects the hotel was fine for our needs.
Upon arrival the reception staff was very helpful in directing us to a late night supermarket within walking distance and also the following days providing some great recommendations on where to dine in the evenings. Always very friendly and we were grateful for their help.
The bed was fine and comfortable for a good nights sleep, fresh linen was provided every day and the rooms were well cleaned.
Location obviously a big selling point being so close to the station however on Friday and Saturday for the F1 weekend the direct trains to Monza are not regular - so its worth checking the times beforehand. Milan Garibaldi Station provides a much more regular service on these days. On the Sunday though there is a regular service to the circuit from Central.
We only had an economy room so wasn't expecting a great deal but the room really was more basic than it should have been for the rates being charged - No fridge or tea/coffee making facilities is a step too far. Some of the cover pictures are not what you will most likely be getting for this type of room.
The air conditioning was good at making noise rather than making cold air. Therefore at night it was too noisy to keep on so you would have to turn it to low power making it a little uncomfortable on a warm night.
Whilst the location was convenient and we managed to fine some nice restaurants the general area around the hotel isn't the best with high rise buildings and a functional grid layout when walking around - none of the character you might find in other parts of Milan.
I think we would choose to stay elsewhere in Milan or even Monza in the future. Other areas have equally decent transport links so better value can be found elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Monopole in Milano is a transit place, few steps away from central station, the most important crossroad in town. People lodge in our place for short or long stays creating a mix of different energies. There are two typologies of rooms, in order to accomplish different tastes and needs: the economy rooms and the superior rooms. All rooms have private facilities, air conditioning, safety box, tvsat and direct dialing telephone. Superior rooms havefree wi-fi and lan connection in the room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotel.de and Cancelon so you can book your Monopole de la Gare reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monopole De La Gare Hotel Milan
- Monopole De La Gare Milan