“Wow Sushi, with a twist...”
Review of Bomaki Sempione

Bomaki Sempione
Ranked #264 of 8,979 Restaurants in Milan
Price range: US$18 - US$47
Cuisines: Brazilian, Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 29 March 2017

Out for a Monday night meal and walked past here and was going to go somewhere else. It was so busy we walked back to look at the menu. It seemed mainly Sushi which doesn't really appeal to me but wife wanted to go in.

It was VERY busy and I think we were lucky to get a table for 2. It was also very warm and very loud music in there, so glad we were over to the side near the bar. We couldn't work out from the decor what it was supposed to be. There were Japanese pictures on the wall, along with rustic Brazilian decor then Cuban liquor on the shelves.

Waiter/server was very good with a sense of humor. We weren't sure what sizes the meals would be so he suggested a Burrito to share then pick a plate of Sushi each.

Chicken Burrito was lovely. They were big - 2 came so we had one each which was ideal. Then the Sushi came - can't remember how many pieces as we shared, maybe 6 or 8 pieces each. One was Salmon Tartufo (15 Euro) and the other was Astice Gratinato (16 Euro). It was very nice but it's not really my thing. Maybe next time I would have doubled up on the Burritos.
We had a bottle of their cheapest wine at 20 Euro.

They tempted us with dessert so we went with the Brigaderos - these were lovely, Small balls of different flavours - 5.50 Euro each bowl of 3. We had another bottle of wine and 1 Espresso. Total bill - 99 Euro plus a free drink as we paid. See bill below.

1  Thank mjhaley
Write a ReviewReviews (2,031)

Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

When I am in Milan I always reserve a table at Bomaki. Efficient service as you can reserve a table directly from the website.
Waiter really nice and friendly upon pur arrival. We ordered our uramaki and capirinha mango (amazing taste) and everything was served quite quickly considering that the restaurant was fully booked. I strongly suggests "astice grigliato" and "banana salmon". We paid and they offered us another drink.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

Very nice concept developed in a friendly, catchy and cool environment. Staff well trained and good portions. don't expect to have your authentic sushi experience but more of a funnier twist of it with Caipirinha poured on top

it's definitely worth the visit! And the comeback

Reviewed 1 January 2017 via mobile

I took a reservation for 2 for the 31st of December 2016 at 7.45 pm, they sent me two emails to remind me of my reservation details. The place is quite nice, very colorful; the music is too loud though. The service was their downfall: it took forever for a waitress to notice me when I was ready to order (both times) and she was also kind of pissed off. The waiting time to get the dishes was really short, even if they forgot one roll the first time.
Talking about food, I would give a 4/5 because the rice is the best I've ever tasted, and the flavors melt together nicely in most cases (the banana salmon roll for example was too sweet after a while). Overall I was pretty satisfied with my dinner, I ordered 5 rolls and I was still hungry but I couldn't afford to get anything more (the prices are a bit expensive but nothing too excessive)!

Reviewed 11 November 2016 via mobile

Great dinner to celebrate my 30's! I have been here with my future wife.
The atmosphere is really nice, coloured and carioca's enough! The combination of sushi and brazilian's ingredients is simply amazing!! Ok the presentation and the quantity of the plates!! Waitresses and waiters are kind and polite. Just two small weaknesses,one is the price (even if is understandable for the position and the name) and the noise inside the place. In the end the experience was positive and for sure we will cone back!!