“Excellent Accommodation, Superb Service”
Review of Uptown Palace

Uptown Palace
Ranked #60 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 6 February 2012

Recently renovated and well maintained. The staff (from the front desk, the restaurant, the room maids) were very friendly and extremely professional and made our stay a delight. A special thanks is due to Onella on the front desk who gave us some excellent recommendations for dinner as well as other advice and directions. The room was beautiful, quiet, and well equipped (linen sheets were a treat!). The bathroom was modern and functional with an excellent selection of toiletries. The only minor complaint was the small clothes closet ... especially for a winter visit. Will definitely stay here again on our next visit to Milan.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RetiredCorfu_Greece

Reviewed 28 January 2012

I was in Milan for a business trip and stayed in this hotel. The hotel is an oxymoron.

On one side the staff were very friendly and helpful, the room was spotless clean, great bathroom, and quite.

On the other side, the restaurant was on the 3rd floor with no signs, Breakfast was very poor, Internet was not free and you had to pay for each device you wanted to connect. So if you want to use your laptop and phone, then that is 2 payments!!!.

The location was also perfect for my needs with loads of nice restaurants and bars nearby.

I did like the hotel and would stay there again, but I felt that if they made some small changes they would go from a very good hotel to an exceptional hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank quirdavi
uptownpalace, Operation Manager at Uptown Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2012

Dear Guest,
thank you very much for your feedback concerning your last stay at the Uptown Palace and the compliments about our poperty and the service provided .
Thanks also to your comments about the breakfast.Great efforts are in place in order to raise the quality and the standards of the breakfast awaiting to host our guests in the definitive panoramic roof, still under construction.
Internet services are provided by our international partner, world leader in the communication field, which against the payment of the services provided in guestsroom (in the public areas is free of charge) ensures a high quality service and a professional guest care centre.
Hoping to welcome you again at the Uptown Palace, we all remain at your complete disposal .

My warmest regards

Reviewed 24 January 2012

I've just came back from a two day business trip to Milan where I had the unpleasure of staying at this hotel. The rooms where clean, yet small and very noisy (thank you broken window), with the smallest beds you'd expect. The breakfast was really poor (yet, when u travel to Milan you expect a different kind of expectations) and the location fairly central. But the services, oh, the services... Get out, run, take cover!

So here's the deal. Preparing for a business meeting i had to use the internet on sunday evening. So, yet abnormal to me that i still have to pay for internet in such a hotel, i charged my room the 9 point something euros for a 24 h period. Yet, the connection was really unstable and disconnecting all the time. So while trying to reconnect, i accidentally issued a new so called receipt for a second 24 h internet, in the same exact day, around49 minutes later.

When i checked out, i found out that in italy a day has 48 hours. Because even if i took the 24 h period internet in the same exact day (40 min later or so) i had to pay it twice. When asked, the Recieptionist(hello, Alexandros) though he saw the short distance and confirmed is illogical he charged me telling me he cant cancel, even if i used it ony that day.

So there you go, if you want to stay in a hotel that values its customers
(i'm a frequent flyer to milan) by 10 euros and is willing to lose them for that, that's your hotel: you get one, but pay double.

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank IoanaFI

Dear Guest
we thank you very much for your kind feedback on TripAdvisor.
We appreciate your constructive comments as it is through comments such as yours that we can gauge our services and facilities in order to make the necessary improvements.
We are very sorry that the room assigned did not meet your expectation non only for the bed size, a queen bed, but also for the malfunction of the closing system of the fixture.
The property is brand new , but we have already started a massive maintenance work on the fixtures.
Concerning the internet double charge I am terribly sorry for the charging system failure and for the fact that our staff was not so prompt,flexible and efficient in voiding the second charge or connecting you with the internet company help desk, available 24 hours a day and really professional and helpful . Staff has been trained in order to avoid that such mistakes may happen again .
We truly hope that this inconvenience did not completely spoil your stay and look forward to welcoming you back.

My warmest regards .

Reviewed 24 January 2012

I stayed here on 17th January for business. This is a Preferred Hotel. The reception staff were very friendly and accommodating and took me to my room which was comfortable with a nice large bathroom and shower. Stefano who showed me to my room advised that I could call room service for lunch in my room which I thought was a good idea. I waiting until 1230 when I could also order off the a la carte menu. I rang three times with no answer and as I had a meeting with client later that afternoon thought that I ought to call reception to find out if I was called the right extension. There was nothing in the room or on the phone to tell me what number reception was so I had to call the hotel on my mobile as I was on the 6th floor! They at once apologised and once I found out that I needed to dial 9 on the phone called them and was put through to the restaurant and I had been calling the right extension in the first instance. Food was delicious as it was in the evening when I had dinner with a colleague. Restaurant is on teh 3rd floor but again no indication on the lift and nothing on the door and no indication which way the restaurant is when you get out of the lift. I can only think that this must be an Italian thing or that the hotel owners think it is not necessary!! All in all I would definitely stay here againand recommend it to anyone else - it is just slightly out of the centre of Milan but within in walking distance (15mins) to the Duomo and main shopping areas. My one recommendation is that you know that 9 is for reception and the restaurant is through the large white door on the 3rd floor.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Linergan
Reviewed 31 December 2011

It was a start of a 3 week holiday in Italia and it was a smashing start. The hotel is impeccable, the staff are efficient, polite and very helpful and rooms clean and very comfortable. The location could not be better. Everything is within walking distance. It gets my recommendation to whoever would consider it.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank D J
uptownpalace, Operation Manager at Uptown Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2012

Dear Guest,
thank you very much for your nice words about your past experience in our property and for reccomending us to other potential guests.
We hope that your holiday in Italy was such a great experience as staying with us and look forward to welcome you again at the Uptown Palace.

My warmest regards

Reviewed 22 December 2011

a very new hotel. room is a bit small with minimalist design, all new furniture. good breakfast, very friendly and helpful hotel staff. need to walk to city center but not very far.

Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mchendra
uptownpalace, Operation Manager at Uptown Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2011

Dear Guest,
thank you very much for taking time to share your review about your latest stay in our property .
Thank you also for the nice words about the quality of food and services provided .
Myself and my team hope to welcome you again at the Uptown Palace for your future stay in Milan .

My warmest regards.

Reviewed 9 December 2011

I stayed for three nights earlier this week for a business trip. I arrived in mid-day on Sunday and my room was ready, which was great as it allowed me half a day to walk around. The Duomo is about a 10 minute walk from the hotel. The front desk staff was extremely helpful and courteous throughout my stay. They went so far as to walk out with me and show me the right street to take. The room was on the second floor right next to the elevator but was extremely quiet. It was well tended to. The breakfast was plentiful and the breakfast room staff was excellent. In short, I will come back and will recommend it to others.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business