“Very stylish hotel”

Ranked #55 of 428 Hotels in Milan
UK
“Very stylish hotel”
Reviewed 13 February 2012

We have just spent 3 nights at the Uptown Palace. The temperatures outside were extremely cold, but the hotel was a real treat (and lovely and warm!) The hotel is kept extremely clean and I noticed that all the shiny surfaces (the lift doors were like mirrors!) were kept very highly polished. Our room was fairly small, but lovely and stylish, with flat screen TV, minibar and a comfortable large bed with linen sheets. The bathroom was beautiful, modern, large, clean, with a great walk in shower + robes & slippers. The staff were all especially helpful and friendly, a real credit to the hotel. The receptionist went to a great deal of trouble to help us with a computer problem when we tried to print our boarding passes. For me there were two small issues, which I think need to be addressed, especially as other people have mentioned them. Firstly there appear to be no signs and it is not immediately obvious where the restaurant (which was very good) is situated. Secondly, there was nothing like enough storage in our room. The two drawers in the wardrobe would have held little more than a pair of socks each and we ended up putting our clothes in the same cupboard as the mini bar! There was one shelf high up in the wardrobe but we weren't tall enough to use it. Overall though this was a great hotel and we would definitely recommend it. It is very well situated, close to the trams, the Duomo and the city centre. The trams were a great way to see the city, with the 24 hour ticket good value at 4.50 euros.

1 Thank curlycat

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Wroclaw
Reviewed 13 February 2012

New hotel with a relaxing atmosphere at walking distance from the center of Milano. The hotel is close to the metro and a short walk to the Duomo. The staff was very friendly and the hotel service excellent. The rooms are furnished with style and are very comfortable and classy. Restaurant was nice as well. Breakfast great!
There is no tea/coffee maker in the room

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Pawel_WRO
paris
Reviewed 9 February 2012

I went to this Hotel for a short week end to Milan, and I was looking forward to have a nice quality experience Hotel wise.
If you are looking for a very helpfull, professional and friendly staff, a nice fashion/cosy/classy hotel, it is the place to be!
It is very well located, you can easily have a relatively nice and short walk to the city center.
I totally recommend it.
I have heard they will have a spa in 2012, I am sure it will be even better.
The only inconvenient is that there is not an Internet free available.
The breakfast was very good, the rooms are classy, spacious, confrotable.
Great!

2 Thank sergiocanedo
Corfu, Greece
Reviewed 6 February 2012

Recently renovated and well maintained. The staff (from the front desk, the restaurant, the room maids) were very friendly and extremely professional and made our stay a delight. A special thanks is due to Onella on the front desk who gave us some excellent recommendations for dinner as well as other advice and directions. The room was beautiful, quiet, and well equipped (linen sheets were a treat!). The bathroom was modern and functional with an excellent selection of toiletries. The only minor complaint was the small clothes closet ... especially for a winter visit. Will definitely stay here again on our next visit to Milan.

2 Thank RetiredCorfu_Greece
Leixlip, Ireland
Reviewed 28 January 2012

I was in Milan for a business trip and stayed in this hotel. The hotel is an oxymoron.

On one side the staff were very friendly and helpful, the room was spotless clean, great bathroom, and quite.

On the other side, the restaurant was on the 3rd floor with no signs, Breakfast was very poor, Internet was not free and you had to pay for each device you wanted to connect. So if you want to use your laptop and phone, then that is 2 payments!!!.

The location was also perfect for my needs with loads of nice restaurants and bars nearby.

I did like the hotel and would stay there again, but I felt that if they made some small changes they would go from a very good hotel to an exceptional hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank quirdavi
uptownpalace, Operation Manager at Uptown Palace, responded to this review, 11 February 2012
Dear Guest,
thank you very much for your feedback concerning your last stay at the Uptown Palace and the compliments about our poperty and the service provided .
Thanks also to your comments about the breakfast.Great efforts are in place in order to raise the quality and the standards of the breakfast awaiting to host our guests in the definitive panoramic roof, still under construction.
Internet services are provided by our international partner, world leader in the communication field, which against the payment of the services provided in guestsroom (in the public areas is free of charge) ensures a high quality service and a professional guest care centre.
Hoping to welcome you again at the Uptown Palace, we all remain at your complete disposal .

My warmest regards

Alfredo Petrone
Operation Manager
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 24 January 2012

I've just came back from a two day business trip to Milan where I had the unpleasure of staying at this hotel. The rooms where clean, yet small and very noisy (thank you broken window), with the smallest beds you'd expect. The breakfast was really poor (yet, when u travel to Milan you expect a different kind of expectations) and the location fairly central. But the services, oh, the services... Get out, run, take cover!

So here's the deal. Preparing for a business meeting i had to use the internet on sunday evening. So, yet abnormal to me that i still have to pay for internet in such a hotel, i charged my room the 9 point something euros for a 24 h period. Yet, the connection was really unstable and disconnecting all the time. So while trying to reconnect, i accidentally issued a new so called receipt for a second 24 h internet, in the same exact day, around49 minutes later.

When i checked out, i found out that in italy a day has 48 hours. Because even if i took the 24 h period internet in the same exact day (40 min later or so) i had to pay it twice. When asked, the Recieptionist(hello, Alexandros) though he saw the short distance and confirmed is illogical he charged me telling me he cant cancel, even if i used it ony that day.

So there you go, if you want to stay in a hotel that values its customers
(i'm a frequent flyer to milan) by 10 euros and is willing to lose them for that, that's your hotel: you get one, but pay double.

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank IoanaFI
Dear Guest
we thank you very much for your kind feedback on TripAdvisor.
We appreciate your constructive comments as it is through comments such as yours that we can gauge our services and facilities in order to make the necessary improvements.
We are very sorry that the room assigned did not meet your expectation non only for the bed size, a queen bed, but also for the malfunction of the closing system of the fixture.
The property is brand new , but we have already started a massive maintenance work on the fixtures.
Concerning the internet double charge I am terribly sorry for the charging system failure and for the fact that our staff was not so prompt,flexible and efficient in voiding the second charge or connecting you with the internet company help desk, available 24 hours a day and really professional and helpful . Staff has been trained in order to avoid that such mistakes may happen again .
We truly hope that this inconvenience did not completely spoil your stay and look forward to welcoming you back.

My warmest regards .

Alfredo Petrone
Operation Manager
London
Reviewed 24 January 2012

I stayed here on 17th January for business. This is a Preferred Hotel. The reception staff were very friendly and accommodating and took me to my room which was comfortable with a nice large bathroom and shower. Stefano who showed me to my room advised that I could call room service for lunch in my room which I thought was a good idea. I waiting until 1230 when I could also order off the a la carte menu. I rang three times with no answer and as I had a meeting with client later that afternoon thought that I ought to call reception to find out if I was called the right extension. There was nothing in the room or on the phone to tell me what number reception was so I had to call the hotel on my mobile as I was on the 6th floor! They at once apologised and once I found out that I needed to dial 9 on the phone called them and was put through to the restaurant and I had been calling the right extension in the first instance. Food was delicious as it was in the evening when I had dinner with a colleague. Restaurant is on teh 3rd floor but again no indication on the lift and nothing on the door and no indication which way the restaurant is when you get out of the lift. I can only think that this must be an Italian thing or that the hotel owners think it is not necessary!! All in all I would definitely stay here againand recommend it to anyone else - it is just slightly out of the centre of Milan but within in walking distance (15mins) to the Duomo and main shopping areas. My one recommendation is that you know that 9 is for reception and the restaurant is through the large white door on the 3rd floor.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business