The Yard Hotel
US$300
US$154
US$123
  • Breakfast included
Radisson Blu Hotel, Milan(Milan)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$121
Chateau Monfort(Milan)
US$247
US$226
  • Pool
WORLDHOTEL Cristoforo Colombo(Milan)(Great Value!)
US$225
US$125
US$106
US$87
US$121
US$116
1,005 results
All reviewsboutique hotelthe penthouseralph laurensports themehotel dognavigli districtporta ticineseinteresting hotelcool hotelnespresso machinegreat boutiquebars and restaurantscanal areahome away from homeminute walk to the duomoliving roomfabulous hotel
Reviewed 28 December 2013

This is a gem in the bustle of Milan. It is small boutique hotel tucked away behind a secure gate that features extremely friendly service, great breakfast and an opportunity to meet other travelers. The family style breakfast area with long benches for seating could be intimidating if you are not overly gregarious in the morning, but it is a great way to meet other (generally English-speaking) travelers. We stayed in the safari room and loved it. We stayed a couple of days and walked everywhere during the day and took taxis for nighttime fun and train connections. The only downside was that they provided a lot of information verbally at check-in regarding use of TV, safe, etc. but did not have written instructions in the room. They were very helpful and gracious when additional assistance was needed, but it would have been nice to solve issues on our own.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank DEpping
Alessandro C, Direttore generale at The Yard Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2014

Dear DEpping,
Thank you for staying with us and letting us know your thoughts on our Hotel!
We are very happy you had a nice stay.
Being a small structure and having a more personal approach thorwards our guest, we want to keep it more easy and less "classic hotel".
Of course this will not meet everyone's needs, like brochures in room ect to be more independent, but we hope to create a pleasant stay for our Guest and thanks to your feedback continue to improve.
From all of The Yard staff, thank you and we hope to welcome you back in the future.
From Desk

Reviewed 19 December 2013

The previous reviews capture it very well

Good location, it seemed to be a 20 minute walk where ever I wanted to go.
Great rooms
Hotel is not too big
Very friendly and good service
Very clean
Interesting decoration
Very good breakfast

Negatives

One bench for breakfast. I am not especially friendly in the morning and am usually in a rush and thus did not want to engage in small talk! Says more about me than the hotel I guess.

There was quite a bit of noise from the corridor.and room service knocked on my door very late at night. Not sure why as I did not answer it!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank tell-it-as-it-is47
Alessandro C, Direttore generale at The Yard Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Dear tell-it-as-it-is47,

Thank you for writing a review on our Hotel! And we are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us.
We very much appreciate feedback from our Guests, since it is our Guests we want to make happy.

As for the late night knock on your door by housekeeping, we appologize! I'm sure they just lost track of time, and didn't realize it was so late. But we do appologize.

Our breakfast style is very much as being in a large family, and of course everyone has different needs and likes. It's not for everyone to sit close to strangers in the morning, we totally understand that!

On behalf of all the staff at The Yard Hotel, we thank you for staying with us, and hope to welcome you back in the future.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 17 December 2013

I've been thinking of how to describe this property. It's NOT big box, hotel chain or a bed and breakfast. It's more like being invited to some rich person's country estate, but in the city, who is having a big huge party and you don't know anyone. It's great. You feel like you are visiting a family and there are lots of people to interact with and meet. We LOVED it.

The location is great for public transportation and loads of small local restaurants. Its away from the central part of the city in more of a neighborhood. The big night life area, the Navigli district, is just across the big street. The Duomo is a short tram ride in the opposite direction. We got here and away via subway and tram with frequent service.

The staff are super nice, very accommodating. My favourite is a lady who lives onsite. I swear she works 18 hours a day. She is wonderful but they all were.

Breakfast was excellent but pretty normal. It's set at a shared table but if you want to be alone they can do that too. We met nice people over breakfast.

This is a must stay option if you are going to Milan. Don't even look anymore.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PGA2
Alessandro C, Direttore generale at The Yard Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Dear PGA2,

It was a pleasure to have you as our Guests! and we are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. What you say is exactly what we want to acieve! Make our Guests feel at home, part of our family!!
On behalf of all the staff, we thank you for your kind words and hope to welcome back soon.
Happy Holidays,

Reviewed 13 December 2013

This is a very unique place with lots of treasures hidden in every small corner of the lobby and themed rooms indeed ! Unusually decorated with multiple but very tasteful gadgets, books and other gizmos creating a sophisticated and well thought through entity.

It's nice relaxed atmosphere friendly and helpful staff have made our stay in Milan a remarkable event. I would like to recommend to anyone who enjoys their drink to check out the cocktails menu they have on offer, they were prepared in mind blowing fashion by very pro looking bartender....pleasure to watch not to even mention consuming. To top up our experience hotel was ideally situated beside main "navigli's" (I believe it means boardwalks beside river fronts) where many great food and night bars were placed. It's also convenient to Duomo, only probably 15 minute walk (if you don't visit with girlfriend) jam packed with all the little shops and boutiques all the way.

If you visit Milan either for leisure or business this is definitely place to be, and do not hesitate to ask at the reception for restaurant advice and bookings. Each place booked by the hotel was only getting better and better and we could just focus our energies on enjoying and relaxing in the city.

Many thanks and "I'll be back"

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Alessandro C, Direttore at The Yard Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Dear Pawel,
We are very happy you enjoyed your stay at The Yard! And glad we were able to give you sadisfying tips for restaurants : )
We hope to always be able to keep our guests happy and, having your feedback really helps us understand better what is appreciated.
The Yard and The Doping Club staff thanks you for you kind words and wish you a very Merry Xmas.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

This is a VERY SPECIAL place. I cannot stress this enough! The work and special attention to detail would have a hard time escaping anyone's notice! Each room is themed, I checked out two rooms and loved them both (see my pictures!). Gorgeous Gorgeous. It's been nearly 2 months & I still think of my experience Fondly. I had to write a review.

I visit Milan for at least 1 month out of the year, 2 weeks after the Cannes Film Festival and 2 weeks after MIPCOM in Cannes. I come to Milan as a solo female traveler - I used to school in Italy & it's important for me not to forget the culture & language.

Hotel service and execution isn't as competitive in Milan as it is in Florence & Rome who rely on Tourism. You usually will always find something wrong with a hotel wether it be service, furnishings, price or location when it comes to Milan. Yard Suite proved me wrong! This is the first hotel that meets all the expectations for a global traveller like myself.

I had a terrible experience at Hotel Pierre thru a recommendation on Expedia (terrible service & location), then I stayed at Hotel Berna (due to the outrageously made up reviews and undeserved high ranking on TripAdvisor) and prior to that stay, 3 other hotels in Milan that were "so-so", overpriced or the location was too out of the way... I found this hotel on Hotel Tonight because I stayed one night at Hotel Berna and had to check out immediately even though I had 4 more days in Milan. Let me tell you, I was blown away by the service here - I was thoroughly impressed with the hotel overall. The place is meant to make people feel at home and also have a place where you can make friends. This lobby and the layout is what Soho House should be and probably the closest thing to a Soho House in all of Italy.

-Interior Decoration is cool, trendy, yet classy in an upscale way.
- Service was great. This is the ONLY hotel in Milan other than Four Seasons where someone immediately came up to me upon arrival and grabbed my suitcase without me having to ask.
- I was checked in and was given a full overview of the hotel.
- Sitting areas and a screening room for guests to feel at home.
- Comfortable beds in rooms
- Thick walls! This is hard to find in Milan!
- So Much Lighting. A real estate developer told me once, yo always know a good boutique hotel by how much lighting options they give you. Well. My room had about 20 different ways to light the room. They really thought of detail and really go above and beyond with building the rooms.
- Nespresso Machines & complimentary pods in room (If you are a coffee fanatic... this is a real treat)
- Location Location! The Yard is a perfectly situated in the "Soho" of Milan. Porta Ticinese. Amazing shopping, where all the locals go to eat in a trendy fashion and also a streetcar away from the Duomo! It's a great place to stroll for couples. I also liked how all the dining options in the area are meant for foodies, not for tourists (like near the Duomo or Centrale).
- Complimentary snacks and drinks in the lobby in the afternoon.
-Complimentary Breakfast here is THE BEST. And I have stayed in every 4/5 star hotel in this town. Believe me. I rate their breakfast extremely high because the quality of the cheeses, meats, rare fruit from Sicily, juice is legitimately freshly squeezed and so much more. Not only is quantity great here but so is the quality of breakfast.
- I don't know if it's a family or unrelated individuals who work at this hotel but they felt like a family and made you feel like one too.. I thought this was special.
- Air Conditioning and temperature control was great!
- Bathrooms are extremely well done! Modern. Robes & Slippers are given to each guest. I just love this place!
- I had a lot of work to get done & I really liked the desks in my room & in the lobby!
- I also like how the place also gives you a piece of history, decorated with a mixture of modern and antiques. Well done!
- The guests were extremely friendly. I think because Milan isn't very touristy, it's hard to navigate the city even as a couple or family. It's always a pity to see couples looking at maps at a hotel breakfast feeling secluded from everyone else; at The Yard, I noticed that the layout of the dining area, welcoming vibe & the ambience of "home" really made the guests open up to each other and I found that lacking at other hotels in Milan. And... it was nice to see.

In short, I am extremely pleased I ended up staying the rest of my duration at The Yard Suite & Dependance! I almost felt like I was getting such a good deal for the nightly rate because I was getting more in return & I guess I just had such bad experiences and this made up for all of it! I also really liked the Macrobiotic - Vegan restaurant next-door! It reminded me of Neal's Yard or M Cafe and I ate there twice in a row. I also wanted to emphasize... it is extremely difficult to navigate a good hotel in Milan, all the expectations a person would have in any other city are rarely met. Yard Suite & Dependance has proved me wrong!

I will always stay here now and have already recommended this place to my PR friends who are always looking for the best places to book their celebrity clients. It will not disappoint you!

Photos: I wish I took more photos of lobby, bar and dining area because the place is gorgeous. However, the photos on their website sum it up!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank Trotsee
Alessandro C, Direttore generale at The Yard Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2013

Dear Trotsee.
First of all thank you so much for taking time for writing such a detailed review!
And we are honoured and humbled by your kind words.

What we want to give our guest is exactly what you describe. To make them feel at home, a part of our family and friends.
The passion for even the smallest detail is because we treat this hotel as if it was our own home, and that our guests are happy and comfortabe is everything to us.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to welcome you back some day soon.
The kindest regards from all of us at The Yard hotel.