“Amazing hotel”

Ranked #7 of 431 Hotels in Milan
Singapore, Singapore
“Amazing hotel”
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

This is a really nice hotel that's not too far away from the duomo. The rooms are incredibly interesting with themes for each individual room and the service was also very good. Indeed, when we went to the hotel for the first time we were very surprised by where it was and what it looked like. The rooms are also very reasonably priced. Highly recommended.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Alessandro C, Direttore generale at The Yard Hotel, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Coollawye,

Thank you for taking tome to write a review! We are delighted you enjoyed you stay and liked our style.
Hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back some day!

Our kindest reards,

Front Desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Arabic first
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Feels like staying at home - a luxurious, stylish, exclusive home. If you like design, good taste and chilled out luxury, this is for you. Don't think I'd stay anywhere else when coming back to Milano. And if possible I'd take the same room: Jab. Amazing bed, linen, decoration. Just right.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AnaRachel82
Reviewed 24 May 2014

The design of the ground floor is very nice, but in the room it was too noisy and the airconditioning didn't work for two days. The room was not cleaned properly. The shower doesn't have any door and the toilet which is just in front of it is always wet!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Tatarez
Halmstad, Sweden
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Due to bad weather in the mountains we decided to go to Milan. My husband drove and I checked the Trip advisor on the way. We decided for the Yard and were very happy with our decision. What a cool place! We stayed in the tennis room which was great and so was the bathroom. There was even a picture of our great Swedish tennis hero Bjorn Borg! The location was good with 10-15 min walk to the cathedral and a lot of good restaurants in the neighborhood. However, I agree with other reviewers that the breakfast was nothing to write home about and the balcony was a bit cramped. The parking was also made for small Italian cars and not big German ones. All in all a great hotel and highly recommended!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SwedenMep
Alessandro C, Direttore generale at The Yard Hotel, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for! We are very happy you enjoyed you stay with us!
We very much appreciate the kind words, as for the Parking.... you are right! it's not the most spacious....but somehow we always manage, even with big German cars.
And the chance that we accomodate Swedes in our tennis room with Bjørn Borg...

Thank you for taking your time to write a review, and we hope to be able to welcome you back to The Yard in the future!

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Stayed here for four nights at start of May, after reading reviews on TripAdvisor. As everyone else has commented, it is based in a very good location, probably around 10 - 15 minutes walk from the centre. There were a number of excellent restaurants within 5 minutes walk of the hotel, so no need to walk too far in the evenings.

The room itself was very spacious (The Polo room). Slept well every night, which is unusual as i generally struggle to sleep in hotel beds! The shower was also excellent. My only small negative about the room was the size of the balcony - it felt very claustrophobic with the plants that were growing all around it (i understand this was to try and give you privacy from the next balcony, however it did make it feel very confined).

A number of other reviews commented on the size of the 'free' breakfast, and although it didn't bother me, i would tend to agree that it wasn't quite what i'd been expecting. Not really an issue as there are so many excellent eating places within easy walking distance of the hotel.

Overall, i would definitely stay here again on my next trip to Milan.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank britinbarca
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for taking time to write us a review!
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us, and very much appreciate the feed back.
The only way we can keep improving is when our Guests suggests some pointers!

Thank you and we hope to welcome you back some day soon.

Kindest regards
Katy, Texas
Reviewed 21 April 2014

First, I just wanna give a special thanks, to all those who made my stay as well as husband's stay so warm and welcoming. Well had the longest flight ever and I was just ready for the shower and bed lol! Upon arrival I was a little surprised at the location of the yard suite. It was in the middle of two large buildings, I would've never found it by myself. Anyway, We had a very quick check-in and sat in what was vintage barber chairs. How cool is that! I swear everyday we were there they were bringing in new furniture and I loved all of it. Vintage louis V. luggage I wish I could've made a purchase. My only issue was there was a class that was being held in the room directly by the walls in our room, and all morning the professor spoke in a loud tone. It drove me crazy!!! But we were leaving out so I needed to get up anyway. I know long winded I am LOL!!!! Shout out to both bartenders I think his name is Christian sorry if its not his name but I wish have could've came back home with me. I say this because his charm as well as my favorite drink he made the same way everytime with my bag of chips at night. To the ladies Stephanie, Alexandria, Gina, and the cleaning staff, you are all the best. We will be back! My husband says hello and thanks for the hospitality. From the Darby's Al and Tiffany

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank tdarby32
Alessandro C, Responsabile reception at The Yard Hotel, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear Mr & Mrs Darby,

We are delighted to hear you had a pleasent stay here with us, evethough we had a loud talking proffessor disturb you.It was a little workshop the Bar held, and the loud man is actually on of the worlds best bartender! We sinserely aplologize for that!!!

It gives us such pleasure you enjoyed our Hotel and all of are many details decorating The Yard and making it more of a home.

It's a pleasure to have Guests as yourselfes and we sincerely hope to welcome you back to us some day soon.

From all of The Yard team, thank you very much for your kind words and for choosing us!

Our kindest regards,

Cologne, Germany
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I found The Yard on Tripadvisor and decided to try the hotel on a business trip to Milan. The fact that the taxi driver did not know the place made me a bit suspicious - but once I arrived I was amazed with what i found: Quietly located in a backyard and still in the centre of Milan close to the Navigli canals with all their restaurants and bars. Once entering the courtyard it feels like being in a different place - a few steps up and you find yourself in a living room atmosphere with all facilities such as front desk and bar. Thousand impressions meet your mind, furniture, books, great design - and last but not least friendly, uncomplicated and welcoming people. An easy check-in (so refreshing after the endless procedures in many chain-hotels) and you are being guided to your room. I had booked one of the basic suites and was nicely surprised to find it well sized, originally and cosy designed with a big bathroom and walk-in shower and a small private terrace with two seatings. It goes without saying that the room was well maintained and immaculately clean. A great bed provided a great night's sleep. Breakfast next morning in the 'living room' was just as personal and taylor made as you would have expected - a choice of hot drinks juice and pastry may be complemented to ones needs with fruit, ham, salami or cheese selections. You either sit with other guests at the breakfast bar or share one of the big tables. A nice way to start the day and get into a chat if you feel like it. Again people / hosts at breakfast make the real difference - welcoming, friendly and really nice! What did I forget: The great drink selection and quality at the bar with its great service? The efficient - but yet very personal - check out? Should you go to Milan I can definitely recommend to stay at The Yard. This time it was for business - I am already looking forward to my next leisure trip to Milan with more time to spend in this marvelous hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Michael B
Alessandro C, Direttore at The Yard Hotel, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
Dear Michael B,

It gives us great pleasure to read your review! And we are delighted for your kind words.
What you describe is exactly what we want to achieve! and we are very happy we made your stay with us a great one.

Looking very much forward to possibly welcoming you back to us soon!

Our kindest regards,