“Lost my luggage”

Hotel Capitol Milano
Ranked #90 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 26 June 2012

This hotel sent my bags in a random taxi, to a different airport to the one I was travelling from.
The bags had my passport, laptops and other essential items.

Hotel Capitol were then cheap enough to refuse paying the 40 Euro taxi fee I paid to go and collect my luggage from the random taxi they put them into.
I called the hotel from the taxi on route to the airport, asking them to cover the cost for the bag collection, they refused outright, then put me on hold and told me the manager was on another private line and couldn't be reached.
Leaving me with a taxi meter racking up and having to reach the airport to make my flight.

Thankfully the random taxi driver was honest and I managed to get my bags back at least.
Could have been an absolute disaster ; luggage missing in a random taxi, in a foreign city, leaving me with no passport and a flight in 2 hours time !

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank nathan j
Management response:Responded 10 July 2012

Dear Guest,
We are very sorry for this inconvenient occurred and to read this negative review that is not reporting the whole truth.

You we travelling with another mate booked by the same travel agency and you made checkout together. We called a taxi for you and our bell boy loaded on your mate’s taxi without any check from your side. Your colleague left the hotel with your luggage.

The taxi we called was not a RANDOM taxi, but we had the taxi code and that’s why we were able to contact the driver shortly and ask him to come back. From our point of view it was a mutual mistake: our bell boy didn’t know that your transfer to the airport was arranged on two different taxi and you and your colleague didn’t check the baggage loaded into the first car. At our hotel we are very pleased to offer a baggage service upon arrival/departure and a free deposit and we have never reported such inconvenient due to a misunderstanding and particular circumstances.

We would be more than glad to return the 40euro spent on complimentary services at our hotel on your next stay.

Always at disposal for any clarification, we wish you all the best.

Enzo Derogatis
Assistant manager

Reviewed 23 May 2012

Had a very good all in one deal from Friday to Monday via expedia with flights included. The hotel has nice interiors & presentation, room and facilities were good especially considering the price bracket. Mixture of modern boutique and classic design, would definitely recommend this if you want to be close to the centre, in a nice and less hectic district of milan. Close to very nice shops and stores.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AlexP2012
Reviewed 21 April 2012

This is a very good hotel in a very good location in Europe. Please do not be mistaken, this is a traditional European hotel, so I think that it is excellent for European standards. Our travel agency booked us for the wrong room and the manager worked relentlessly to ensure that we were accommodated. The manager and his staff did some reorganization and upgraded us to a suite for no extra charge. The suite had a beautiful, large work desk, a sofa bed, kingsize bed, flat screen television with european and american channels and a jacuzzi. The breakfast is nice with a good Euro-American blend of all of the selections that you want. This is not a Marriott or Hilton, but instead a hotel that is high class and uniquely European. The only problem that this hotel has is that their personal parking is almost nonexistent. If you have anything larger than a Ford Focus, I strongly advise you not to try to park in their parking garage/junk storage/repair or construction room; and maybe the Ford Focus may be to large. In fact please do not try to park in their garage at all regardless of what kind of car you may have. The entire garage cannot fit more than two cars and it closes from 11PM to 7AM daily.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank junias21
Reviewed 21 April 2012

while visiting the milano design week, which happens same time as the international furniture fair, prices go mad in milano. Not here reasonable 4 star hotel, with own garage (well it needs quiet some driving capacity to park and turn the car in the small cellar - but its safe ! the rooms are oppulent, not too big but spacious, bathrooms even have jacuzzi and power shower, international cable television in english, german, french and spanish beside the normal italian channels. breakfast again very oppulent with all kind of cereals, fruits, joghurts, marmelades, pastries, buns and healthbread, scrambled eggs and sausage, cofees and teas, fresh pressed juices ....

Room Tip: all of them are fine
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Clemens V
Reviewed 11 April 2012

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Great Hotel , very friendly staff especially Ernesto(the barman).
I had an excellent stay and the dedication of the staff was truly impressive.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms facing the street. Choose the rooms with single queen/king size beds.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 January 2012

I would rate this a 3.5 if there was an option because it was above 'average' but not 'very good'.

The location is good within easy reach of Pagano metro on the red line, which goes straight to the Duomo for those on a sightseeing trip.

The hotel is small and split into two sides, my room was at the back of the hotel and only had 5 rooms on the floor. I had requested a higher floor and was placed on floor 3 of 8. My room faced out onto the back of other buildings directly above the bin area, so not the best view. My room was also right by the lift, luckily the lift was old so you could only hear it running up and down and no modern day pinging of doors opening etc.

I booked a double room and I'd seen from other traveller photos that the single rooms were very small. My room was a good size, with very good lighting (always essential for female travellers!). The bed and pillows very comfortable and actually bar the lift the room and hotel were very quiet during the night and being a small landing no 'foot' traffic. The bathroom was ok, not much room between the bath and toilet so you had to be careful when stepping out of the shower. The bath was a jacuzzi one but very old so to be honest had seen better days and although not dirty had the look of it, so a shower was the limit for me.

A very interesting feature was that the TV had no volume control, when I turned it down using the remote I got to 0 and it was still playing loadly and mute did not work. More interesting the speaker was in the bathroom!!! so TV volume was controlled by closing the bathroom door, very odd.

Breakfast was included in the room rate. Fair selection.

Check in/out was quick and without issue.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business