“A decent hotel for the practical traveler”

Windsor Hotel Milano
Ranked #58 of 426 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 14 September 2011

Due to unusual circumstances we (me and my wife) stayed on windsor hotel for 6 nights in the double superior, and then one night on the single regular (me alone).

The double superior was a fine room. large and comely and good overall. yet a few things bothered me.
1. The bed was not a double bed, but two single one joined together.
2. The water pressure in the shower was weak, and sometimes there was insufficient warm water.
3. The mimibar didn't work. Yet they didn't send anyone to fix it until we left.

The single regular room was small, and looked like we are in the 70s but it was still comfortable, and it came in a good price. In this room the water pressure was OK and so was the hot water, and the minibar was working so we may had some bad luck.

Important comments:
The hotel staff is very nice and handful and speaks good english.
The hotel is very clean.
Wifi was free of charge (which is very rare in Italy) but was mostly in poor reception.
The breakfast was poor.
The hotel location is a bit far from the center but it has good transportation and it's close to some of the best night-life areas in Milan, so overall good location.

Overall nice hotel. good for those how like a clean cheap hotel with Wifi (like me :) ).

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hanan C
There are newer reviews for Windsor Hotel Milano

Reviewed 31 August 2011

Hotel very centrally located. Numerous trams a minute away and Piazza della Repubblica a 3 minute walk. The Duomo cn be reached in less then ten minutes by tram or metro. Service in the Windsor is first rate. everyone is very very nice. Rooms have been upgraded and they are a great value. Wireless internet is free and the mini bar is as well. it is stocked with water and soda. I highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 August 2011

We stayed here for one night in July on our way to Tuscany.

The rooms are hit and miss. Our room was small, with a concrete bed and our friends room a couple of doors away was HUGE and had the same concrete bed, so they tell us.

The Hotel Manager who greeted us on arrival, a late arrival by the way, was barely friendly, just barely. No real welcome or feeling of appreciating our business but he checked us in quickly and sent us on our way to our small and huge rooms.

The rooms are very old and dated, they look like rooms that have been fitted out with furniture collected from verge collections, nothing really matching, nothing really nice but heck it did the job and it was concrete bed after all.

The bathroom was OK nothing great but it did the job.

Overall the room was ho hum but its what I have come to expect in the cheaper and not so cheaper hotels of europe.

The breakfast, which was included in the rate was aweful, the coffee was HORRIBLE!!!! the breads were mostly pre packaged stuff and the fresh bread rolls were anything but fresh. Pretty much yesterdays stale bread at a discount price.

The cold meats looked like the cheapest cuts of meat and really it was a breakfast that screamed out, its free so dont dont even think about complaining.

Good location next to the train station, which is why we chose it..Would I stay there again, no but heck I dont think I would go to Milan again, dreary and not somewhere I would race back to but hey thats just me... oh and my friends, who thought the same.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We've stayed there just for one night in a double and triple room. The triple room was huge, as the bathroom - fantastic :) The breakfast was very good and everybody was very friendly and helpful, specially at the front desk.
The hotel is near the Milano central station, which was awesome, there is an underground station near by, also. In a few minutes walking you can get to the city centre (Duomo).
If you're thinking of going to Milan, I recommend this hotel. Have a nice stay!!!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 July 2011

This was my first time in Italy and Milan. The The Windsor employees were extremely helpful in directing me to the Train station and getting the correct train. There servive was excellent

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 July 2011

I stayed at this hotel for three nights in a single room, which, in my opinion, was small. But this is something you can live with; the disturbing things are the old furniture and the old carpet. In the photos from their site the furniture seems classic, but it's really old (you can check the photos that I attached). The room was clean, and they cleaned it every day, but the sheets had a little scent of some kind of bleach or disinfectant.

The bathroom was long, but tight. The shower cabin is extremely small. A bigger person would only manage to enter sidewise, and will find moving inside it very difficult.

The breakfast was ok, but you don't have many choices. You will find boiled eggs, omelet, three types of ham, mozzarella and another type of cheese, croissants, an artificial marmalade, cereals and many fruits, but no vegetables (only some corn).

You have free wireless internet in the room, just need to ask for the password at the reception. There are also two computers near the reception, with internet access.

The staff was very friendly, the receptionists speak at least english and french, besides italian (as far as I heard while passing by).

There are some buildings in construction near the hotel, so you might expect some noise.
There is a subway station - Repubblica - near the hotel (2-3 minutes)

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 June 2011

It is a very good value for money hotel and i was greeted by very polite and efficient front desk staff. I was even able to check earlier than the check in time which was great after a long and uncomfortable train journey. The room was spacious, airy and clean including bathroom and amenities. If i am not mistaken, internet and mini bar with non alcoholic beverages were free of charge.
Staff was always very helpful including great room service. Only downfall is there is no restaurant opened for lunch and no room service during the day. Overall it was a great experience and it will be where i will booked for my next business trip in Milan.

Room Tip: Request a corner room and high floor
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business