“Very pleasant hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #338 of 430 Hotels in Milan
Sofia, Grad Sofiya, Bulgaria
“Very pleasant hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2013

I was on holiday in Milan last week and I have to admit that I am very happy that we found this hotel.It is very close to the Central Station and also to all kind of public transport.The area is very safe, may be safer comparing to other near the central station.The staff was good, answered to every questions that we have, and also recommended good places for dinner.The room was quite and clean very comfortable.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Stratford, Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2013 via mobile

its not that is a bargain and its not that you can stroll from stazione Centrale carrying bags and is very close....its a good 10 blocks ...staff is beligerant and unfriendly. I had the misfortune to find the refrigeratos not working at all and when i notified the clerk he could care less...rooms are dated, bathrooms as well...

Stayed February 2013, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Milan hotels

San Diego, California, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2013

well i read the reviews online and they all seamed ok but a few said horrible things about this hotel. Like an idiot I stayed here. When we arrived from america it was 11 am by the time we got to the hotel and we were exhausted. We asked for our room and he said it was not ready but it would be only an hour. Well they made us wait over 2 and a half hours for a room.
The lobby is absolutely stunning but you get to the rooms and it looked worse than other HOSTELS yes hostels not hotels we stayed in. They gave us only one towel.........what the hell! we complained and said we needed more they said fine.......we never got.
The worst was when we where leaving we asked for a wake up call at ^ am to make our flight to Rome. I woke up and it was 8 am and our flight was leaving in about an hour and a half.......(the airport is a hour drive)
I ran down stairs.......never ran so fast in my life and asked why we didn't get a wake up call. The man was unapologetic and said it was not there issue. My friend was still in the room and I asked him to call the room and my friend would answer the phone......he did and no answer. So when my friend came down 5 mins later i asked him if the phone went off he said no. Once again the jerk at the desk said it wasnt his problem.
The staff were not nice. One thing I will give them is the location is great

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ysmo
Paris, France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2013

The streets were quiet, so it was a bit scary to walk to the hotel from the metro station at night. The hotel room was a big, confortable one, with a big toilet. But it was a little noisy (I think the walls aren't thick enough. I think.) One of the staff mocked our english, I just didn't know why. When my boyfriend said "I would like to check put please" he repeated the sentence. That was a real bummer. I mean seriously, why would he do that?

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Juba
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2012

Very good location with 5-10 minute walk from the main station. Have stayed there 3 times and suggest choosing a room facing the street instead of the back yard. The hotel has a garage but it is a nighmare to get in and out, the drive is step and narrow and overcrowded, so parking was a horror. I left the car and took taxis (not a bad thing) to see sights a bit further away.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank UNGGRABB
Arsita, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2012

My wife and I stayed here on our way into Milan for a flight from Malpensa and again on the way back before catching our train back to central Italy. It is very convenient to the central train station (only two blocks), and on a quiet street. The room was small but clean and quiet. We got a great weekend rate on the way in, but paid 33% more on our mid-week departure. Still a good price for a mid-town hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful, but the night clerk's only suggestion for transport to Malpensa was via bus. The clerk in the morning suggested taking the express train from the station direct to the airport to avoid any possible traffic congestion. It was a 10euro trip and worth the couple extra euros to not worry about time.

On the downside, the heating system was rather ancient and could have used some upgrading. It is a heat pump type system and there is no real thermostat to control the temperature. The bed was firm and quite comfortable. The bathroom was spacious with a full size tub. My only concern was that there was no grip surface on the bottom of the tub and taking a shower was like walking on a frozen pond. I think this is a safety hazard.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Quito, Ecuador
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2012

I stayed here, because other friends of my work stayed at this hotel, so I moved from my previous hotel, but I regretted, the price was 2 euros cheaper from the other Hotel I was staying before, and let me say the previous hotel was wonderful.

This hotel is very old, going to the room it looks like a hospital very scary and the rooms are very dark, I could not even open the curtains. For my it was a very depressive hotel.

The breakfast is not good, is better if you just take a coffee and some bread and that is it.

The only good thing about this hotel is that is very close to the Grand Central Station of train and bus, and is very close to the downtown are, that is the only good benefit.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business