“Brilliant central location”
Review of Regina Hotel

Regina Hotel
Ranked #139 of 431 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Stayed here for a long weekend. The hotels website makes the hotel appear more polished/sophisticated than it really is. It is definitely in need of refurbishment. In fact whilst we were there the basement ceiling was leaking just outside the breakfast room. The breakfast is mediocre, but the waitress was really friendly and helpful. We stayed in a double room on the 4th floor, which I was not impressed with. It was small with only 1 chair, even though there were two of us. The best thing about the hotel is the location. It's only a few minutes walk to the Duomo, shopping areas and lots of bars and restaurants. It is a good place to stay so long as you are aware this is more of a 2 or3 star hotel. It is definitely not 4 star.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 June 2013

Being in Milano city centre the second time this year, I decided to stay in the Regina instaed of the Ariston, further down the road.
This hotel feels a more comfortable as the Ariston, but staying on the 5 th floor under the roof makes it a "hot experience"
For some reason anything is too small for my almost 200 cm.
The bed was 190 cm and I had to do the diagonal one again, the elevator is tiny (4 persons) and not for someone with claustrophobia and even the dining area is "petit"
Try to get a room at the back side since a tram is running through Cesare Correnti, going here again, I do not know yet. everything was clean (very important) but the room have an old "atmosphere" (also small)
I do think I will try out other Hotels in this Area the next time.

Room Tip: book at the back side, no traffic noise
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 May 2013

We stayed in Milan for only one night. We found the Regina Hotel to be well located for walking to the Duomo, "La Ultima Cena", shopping and some nice restaurants. Upon arrival, the person at the front desk was very unhelpful. He minimally answered each question that I asked, but with nothing more. He didn't volunteer any information including the hotel location on the city map that he only provided once I requested one. The next morning we had much better luck with a very nice and helpful women at the front desk. She was great! The room was good sized and the bathroom was large. Rooms were clean and adequate. Wifi was available, but only for a single device to sign on. (three iphones and an iPad in our group and only one was able to connect. Oh well, not a big deal for one night. If we had stayed longer, this would have been really annoying.)

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 May 2013

I discovered that hotels in Milan are pricey, even for a 3-4 star rating. I chose this hotel for it's proximity (well at least near enough /walking distance) to the il doumo Milan, and tram lines outside the hotel doors. Again, I wasn't disappointed at all! The hotel itself is by the street, an old establishment, but very homey. My sons and I got a very huge triple room with a huge bathroom...that alone was already a PLUS! It's state of cleanliness was an Extra Bonus! Most important for me was the friendly service of the staff, they welcomed us like family. There's one particular old robust lady staff (sadly I forgot her name!) who was sooo motherly and was very endearing to us. She does a lot for the hotel...from showing us to our room, cleaning our room, and serving us breakfast! (I must say...breakfast was good, coffee was great & their hot chocolate was excellent!). Very cheerful persona, she hovered over us like we were royalty. My sons said she's akin to Mrs. Potts of "Beauty & the Beast". A true GEM! She really made us feel like we're at HOME! A fat tip was so little compared to her personal care...and we got no less than a hug from her in return. Talk about personal touch!

Room Tip: We got a Triple Room, so I can't say if other rooms and bathrooms are big as well.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Stayed here for two nights at the end of our holiday. It was the most expensive of the hotels we stayed in (the others were in Paris, Florence, Rome and a converted castle in Gargonza) and while it was fine, the others were a much better experience even at a much cheaper price.

Good points:
8) Proximity to main city centre,
9) Free Wifi offered.

Negative points:
1) Air conditioning unit was poor and didn't work well on a stuffy evening,
2) We were street side and the cars and trams made the room vibrate late into the night and early morning (we were on the fourth floor),
3) Wi-fi reception in the room was practically non-existent. Gave up in the end (At least we didn't have to pay for it).
4) Hotel fire alarm went off late at night on our first night, but nothing went off in the room to suggest it was a fire alarm in the hotel. You could hear a beeping noise, coming from somewhere arbitrary (sounded like it was a shop burglar alarm outside in the street) and after about five minutes of it not stopping, it was only a cursory peep into the hallway to see that the fire alarm at the end of the hallway was flashing. Nothing flashing in the room and no audible words like 'fire: please evacuate' or something similar. Thankfully, it turned out to be a false alarm from someone having a ciggie in their room. Only us and one other couple actually evacuated to the reception area, which made us wonder if we were the only guests in the entire hotel at 11:00pm or whether others, like us, didn't realise it was a fire alarm going off. Food for thought if a real fire were to occur.

In summary: Fine, but nothing special. Stayed in much cheaper hotels in other European cities that had a nicer 'feel' to them and something really needs to be done about the fire alarms.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank desertorkid
Reviewed 7 April 2013

This small hotel is located in an interesting area of Milan, with two tram lines out front that will get you quickly to the Duomo (also walkable) and the Castello/Brera zones. Very clean with a very accommodating, friendly staff. The breakfast is superior and the espressos/ cappuccinos are so much better than the usual dreck. I left an envelope with a fair amount of cash in it and when I got home, I had a message waiting for me that it had been found! When I lived in Milan, my mother stayed here. The rooms are small, but I don't care. The Wifi is free and works. I stayed in an inner room because I wanted quiet and I got it. A good experience.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Robert M
Reviewed 23 March 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night on our way to Lake Como. The hotel had a great bed and was centrally located to sights in Milan. Very handy to Cordona rail station if you take the train from Malpensa Airport, The room was very quiet and the breakfast was fine. A good find.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple