“centrally located”
Review of Regina Hotel

Regina Hotel
Ranked #141 of 431 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I stayed for 3 nights recently at the Regina. I was in Milan for the wedding of 2 good friends, and wanted a place that was central and convenient for shopping. I found the Regina to be a pleasant, though unmemorable, hotel. My room was impeccably clean; the bed was comfortable, and the linens were of good quality. The staff at the desk were pleasant, but not exactly effusive. If you're in town for some shopping, keep in mind that many shops are closed on Monday!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We booked a double room at Regina Hotel between late August and early September. We were accommodated on a 5th floor (top floor) room, which had a decent size. The bathroom was quite large, but the shower box was too short, and that doesn't work very well for tall people, with shower water spilling everywhere. The windows on the 5th floor are quite small as well, but that's not a deal-breaker for me. The bed was excellent, and the room was very quiet - at night you can barely hear the rumble of the trams going by down on the street. The breakfast was pretty good as well, and the staff was always very kind and helpful. The hotel's location is also a plus, as you can easily walk to Piazza Duomo and several other interesting locations. The only considerable downside is that they seem to turn off the air-conditioning at night, and that's a real bummer on Milan's hot summer nights. This hotel is "officially" a 4-star, however it falls slightly short of such category in a number of areas - which doesn't mean it's a bad choice, either. For instance, it's quite reasonably priced considering its location. While it's not really a 4-star, it would be a solid, very good 3-star.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2013

This was a time that I definitely needed a brake from my work which was very intensive. I desided to go to Milano for a week: to have a good rest, see exhibitions, eat tasty food, drinking great italian vine, doing shopping, just get lost in the city, picturing and hear the language I like so. From all hotels I found for these dates somehow Regina hotel made me choose it: an old building with 5 floors in the center. I could easily got to the hotel by the train and after this 3 stops by the bus. I was pretty tired after being awake all night because of the flight, and although reached the hotel on 12:00, my room was already waited for me. I got the room on the 5th floor-the last one, as I always wanted, the room was nice, and most important-the window: it was big and has a great viuw to the back yard. I could easily move by foot from the hotel to every part of Milano, since the hotel is located in the center (10 min to Duomo, Piazza Mercanti, Teatro alla Scala, Palazzo Reale; 20 min to Castello Sforzesco etc). The breakfast was tasty, and a very nice lady Maria served the best cappuccino! Maria made my mornings very happy, I felt like at home. I must say that not the ammount of stars of the hotel makes your vacation great, but the people. The service was excellent: any little problem I faced was resolved in few minutes, I was advised where to go and what is the best way to get there. Also in my last day I could do the late check out since I had a night flight. I would like to thank Carla, Maria, Pierluigi and Alfredo for making my vacation so nice (sorry that I do not remember all people).
One point for improvement is regarding to sleeping conditions: the bed is to hard, the aircondition is making a noice of leaking water.

Room Tip: In case you need a good sleep be sure that your room is not near the elevator, since building is old...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Anna B
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Stayed here for a long weekend. The hotels website makes the hotel appear more polished/sophisticated than it really is. It is definitely in need of refurbishment. In fact whilst we were there the basement ceiling was leaking just outside the breakfast room. The breakfast is mediocre, but the waitress was really friendly and helpful. We stayed in a double room on the 4th floor, which I was not impressed with. It was small with only 1 chair, even though there were two of us. The best thing about the hotel is the location. It's only a few minutes walk to the Duomo, shopping areas and lots of bars and restaurants. It is a good place to stay so long as you are aware this is more of a 2 or3 star hotel. It is definitely not 4 star.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2013

Being in Milano city centre the second time this year, I decided to stay in the Regina instaed of the Ariston, further down the road.
This hotel feels a more comfortable as the Ariston, but staying on the 5 th floor under the roof makes it a "hot experience"
For some reason anything is too small for my almost 200 cm.
The bed was 190 cm and I had to do the diagonal one again, the elevator is tiny (4 persons) and not for someone with claustrophobia and even the dining area is "petit"
Try to get a room at the back side since a tram is running through Cesare Correnti, going here again, I do not know yet. everything was clean (very important) but the room have an old "atmosphere" (also small)
I do think I will try out other Hotels in this Area the next time.

Room Tip: book at the back side, no traffic noise
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 May 2013

We stayed in Milan for only one night. We found the Regina Hotel to be well located for walking to the Duomo, "La Ultima Cena", shopping and some nice restaurants. Upon arrival, the person at the front desk was very unhelpful. He minimally answered each question that I asked, but with nothing more. He didn't volunteer any information including the hotel location on the city map that he only provided once I requested one. The next morning we had much better luck with a very nice and helpful women at the front desk. She was great! The room was good sized and the bathroom was large. Rooms were clean and adequate. Wifi was available, but only for a single device to sign on. (three iphones and an iPad in our group and only one was able to connect. Oh well, not a big deal for one night. If we had stayed longer, this would have been really annoying.)

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 May 2013

I discovered that hotels in Milan are pricey, even for a 3-4 star rating. I chose this hotel for it's proximity (well at least near enough /walking distance) to the il doumo Milan, and tram lines outside the hotel doors. Again, I wasn't disappointed at all! The hotel itself is by the street, an old establishment, but very homey. My sons and I got a very huge triple room with a huge bathroom...that alone was already a PLUS! It's state of cleanliness was an Extra Bonus! Most important for me was the friendly service of the staff, they welcomed us like family. There's one particular old robust lady staff (sadly I forgot her name!) who was sooo motherly and was very endearing to us. She does a lot for the hotel...from showing us to our room, cleaning our room, and serving us breakfast! (I must say...breakfast was good, coffee was great & their hot chocolate was excellent!). Very cheerful persona, she hovered over us like we were royalty. My sons said she's akin to Mrs. Potts of "Beauty & the Beast". A true GEM! She really made us feel like we're at HOME! A fat tip was so little compared to her personal care...and we got no less than a hug from her in return. Talk about personal touch!

Room Tip: We got a Triple Room, so I can't say if other rooms and bathrooms are big as well.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family