“Nightmarishly disgusting!!! A disgrace to Italy and Europe.”
Review of Melia Milano

Melia Milano
Ranked #63 of 428 Hotels in Milan
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 7 October 2010

I was given a "small standard room". A single bed placed literally 2 steps away from the toilet door. Mattress is old, toilet bowl with stains. Flush knob broken. When u open the main door, the table is right infront of u, barely 2 steps away. Its like living at the attic with a slanted roof. Truly CLASTROPHOBIC.

It is depressing to know nothing can be done.( Claimed the receptionist) I wonder if the government monitors the service industry. Its definitely not healthy to stay in a mind boggling space you pay for a night in
Milan's 5 star hotel!

• Stayed: October 2010
6  Thank totel

Reviewed 24 September 2010

For a five-star hotel, Melia Hotel and Resort in Milan, Italy has a very poor security and safety standard. Here is my story: This happened 2 days ago when I had to lose a large amount of money (US$ 14000) from the safety box in my room. That morning I wanted to change or get a substitute room due to the uncomfortably of the room given to me. Until noon, I waited in my room. There was no news from the reception telling that I can get the new available room. So, I decided to go out city tour.

When I came back from city tour and arrive at the hotel about 08:00 PM, I asked the reception whether or not I got the new room. Surprisingly, I found all my belongings or luggage is already in the concierge. Furthermore, I also found all of my valuable things that I saved inside the safety box in my room were removed by the hotel officials to the safety box in the reception. When I checked, all were there except for the US$14000. I'm wondering how the hotel officials can do such things. Without my permission and without my present, they took out everything from the safety box and took out all my belongings from my previous room. Are there any hotel rules that allow any hotel representatives to take such actions?

Finally, I would strongly not recommend you to stay as a guest in Melia Hotel and Resort in Milan if security and safety is your priority concern. Thank you for listening...

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
12  Thank GUEST0164
Reviewed 16 September 2010

the location is not very central, but the metro station (stop lotto) is not far. the price is very good compared to the quality which is 5 stars. It might happen to find singer or footballplayers at this hotel. breakfast is very big and always included. fitness centre is very well equipped. in front of the hotel there are a couple of restauarnts and it is not difficult to find a parking place

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank dell3581
Reviewed 20 August 2010

+ Beautiful hotelrooms, Friendly staff and amazing breakfast.
Truly a luxury hotel.

- The bed and pillows are a bit hard.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2010

Stayed here for 5 nights, big mistake, even though we have stayed many times at this hotel which is located close to the red line (Lotto). It pains me to say what a terrible stay we had on this is occasion.
The room on the 5th floor was shabby, claustrophobic, and each evening we shared our bed with an army of Ants and each morning woke with fresh bug bites. The staff are poor and uninterested in any compaints. If your rooms is between the 1st and 3rd floor it is likely to be first class however 4th or 5th floor please dont expect 5 Star. Naturally The Bar is expensive €25 for two small drinks..you can also hire a kettle at €5 a day. The Spa is also very pricey and is definatly not what is expecteed of a 5 Star Hotel. Very Very Disapointed

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank lillianna
Reviewed 8 August 2010

We arrived very late in the night, and as a Melia-member I was pleased that they upgraded us to a better room. The room was a deluxe room, very spacious with a big terrace that sadly could not be used because of the mosquitos this time of year at least. TV, a big bed and a little table with two big comfy chairs.
Luxurios batroom with tub, marble and gold. Really nice staff, they try to make your stay as good as possible. The location is GREAT, subway-station LOTTO is 1 min walk away. Takes you to the centre in 8 min. Great subway-net and really good price! easy!

I would highly reccomend you to go to navigli and to la vineria, a local little place that makes their own wines and very cheap! Navigli was our favourite hang-out, a lot of nice happy hour places where you have a drink and buffet for under 10 Euro! AMAZING! Theres nothing like it in Sweden....

On the con side;
People who go there and are picky with their pillows should bring their own. Terrible hard pillows! Like some people noted there are mosquitos, but they are everywhere this time of year. Just bring mosquito-spray!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2010

I stayed at this hotel as it is affiliated with the Congress I was attending at the Milan Convention Centre. It is 20 mins walk from the Convention Centre and only 5 mins walk to the underground metro station "Lotto".

The area is nice and quiet. There are several restaurants in the hotel and across the road although I didn't try any of them. Breakfast provided is also decent. I tried the massage at their fitness centre and it was great apart from no towel given when you have to strip naked! :)

The Lotto metro station is very conveniently located and therefore, has great and easy access to the city centre as well as change over to the Malpensa Express for train to the airport. The only thing is, with most train stations, having a suitcase is not so convenient with all the steps/stairs. As i was going for a business trip, I wasn't going to carry a backpack which would be fine with mobility around all these train-metro stations.

Would definitely recommend this hotel if you are attending a Congress/Conference at the Milan Convention Centre. If not, it is probably not worth the money as it is not cheaper than the hotels at the city centre taking into consideration its location outside the city centre.

The only negative would be that you need to pay for internet connection even at the Business Centre.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business