“Excellent value for money!”
Review of Hotel Berna

Hotel Berna
Ranked #12 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 17 November 2011

They really pay attention to the smallest details!;)

• Stayed: November 2011
Write a ReviewReviews (6,780)

Reviewed 17 November 2011

Very convenient located hotel. nice breakfast with a lot of variation, better than most other Italian hotels in this class.
And very friendly and helpfull staff!!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 November 2011

Don't worry, you can book it. The hotel is very good. My wife and me stayed there 2 nights on september and october. They have a main building (the restaurant is there; prefer this one) and another just across the street. Both have confortable standard rooms and bathrooms. The included breakfast is perfect. The free wifi runs better at the main building. The frigobar is included. The staff is helpful. I really could stay there again on a next trip.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 November 2011

The staff was very friendly, competent and available. The hotel and room were perfectly clean. The breakfast was great. The room was quiet and well equipped. All that for a very reasonable price.

We strongly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Lovely staff, nicely furnished and decorated - fabulous breakfast.

Only downer - the switch for the light was too close to the pillow. It kept coming on.

Will stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 November 2011

What is nice in that hotel is the way your are welcome, and basically the contact with the people working there. The hotel itself is not exceptional, as such. But the breakfast was brilliant (and I can compare with hotels at 400€ a night in Austria or many others hotels in Italy or elsewhere in the world). Fresh fruits, cakes, various types of croissants and bread, etc. Free Wifi, proximity to the station, the fact that we could check in early, leave our bags late, were offered this or that along the way, basically loads of little attentions that made us like our stay in that hotel. To conclude, a restaurant we discovered before leaving was "la porta rossa" not far from the hotel. The hotel + the restaurant will constitute a nice basis for our next stay in Milano.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2011

I recently stayed at the Hotel Berna for two nights with my wife. We spent two weeks in Italy. We flew into Milan and as I had read great things about this hotel I was looking forward to our stay. Well, I must say the staff at the hotel tried to meet every request. Even when they could not help me, they tried very hard to help. I give them very high marks for the first special request I made. We were flying into town and I knew were would be very tired. I realized that we might get to the hotel several hours before check in time. I sent the hotel an email to see if we might be able to get into our room early. They did not promise they would be able to do this, but I was pleasantly surprised when we arrived that our room was ready. That made our first day so much easier. After two weeks in Italy I can truly say that the Hotel Berna is a special place. We stayed in some other nice hotels, but I do not think that any of them exceeded the service we got at the Hotel Berna. Great breakfast spread, clean comfortable rooms and a staff that tries to meet every request. If I get back to Milan any time soon I will stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple