Hotel Berna
US$250
US$278
US$261
  • Restaurant
Radisson Blu Hotel, Milan(Milan)(Great Value!)
US$173
US$86
US$146
US$109
  • Pool
WORLDHOTEL Cristoforo Colombo(Milan)(Great Value!)
US$186
Hotel Milano Scala(Milan)
US$456
US$340
7,048 results
All reviewscentral stationrubber duckcarrot juicethe main hotelmini barfree soft drinksbreakfast buffetexcellent hotelfree wifiroom temperaturemilano centralesuperior roomtea and coffeeminute walksingle roommalpensa airportvisiting milan
Reviewed 29 September 2012

Just stayed a single night here. I was a little dubious about the reviews here - were they real or some scam? - but decided that for one night travelling solo it could not be too bad.

It's fabulous. Really. I have no idea how anyone could review it badly: by *far* the best place I have stayed in Europe. The word that comes to mind is 'gem': it's perfectly maintained and luxurious. The room was tiny - gee, surprise - but immaculate; the staff helpful and polished; and the breakfast buffet (with on-tap, perfect hot chocolate) genuinely awesome.

Would it be nicer to be closer to the city centre? Sure. But it's a 10-min metro or 20-min pleasant walk; hardly an issue. And the feeling of relief that hit me every time I walked in the door was how I imagine a hobbit must feel on returning home: welcoming, velvet, pampering. You'll not be disappointed.

[Caveat: no pool, no fitness centre. Sorry :)]

Room Tip: Rooms are sound-proof. I was next to elevator and never heard a thing.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Ewan M
Reviewed 29 September 2012

We spent only 1 night at the Hotel Berna but the service was outstanding and would highly recommend the hotel to any staying in Milan. They treated all of us, especially our 6 year old daughter, wonderfully (like we were long term guests rather than the one-night passing through guests we actually were). Very professional and courteous.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank David H
Reviewed 29 September 2012

We were welcomed by very friendly, helpful staff, who gave us map without asking. All staff members that we ran into had a friendly “hello”. Our room was quite and comfortable. The hotel had complementary hot drinks and snacks.

It is very close to the train station is ideally situated for public transport connections. There are numerous restaurants close by.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EKSAYERS
Reviewed 29 September 2012

A friend and I stayed at the Hotel Berna for two nights in September and were very pleased with our choice. As promised, it was a short walk from the Central Railway Station - but not too close. We found the staff friendly and very helpful. Our room was pleasant and comfortable with a modern bathroom. The buffet breakfast was something to behold - there was an amazing choice of different foods catering to all tastes. A wonderful introduction to Italy! We would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Janine G
Reviewed 28 September 2012

Located very near the Central Station. The hotel did not look all that good from the outside but was OK once inside. Check in was smooth, staff seemed friendly, the room however was a hugely disappointing. The decor is tired and dingy, room fairly basic but bed was nice big and comfortable, the bathroom was very very small. I disagree that it was the best breakfast ever, there was a lot of stuff but the bacon was greasy and insipid not nice at all, the staff were chaotic and there were a lot of people just milling around. I had room service food which was OK but came in a box on plastic plates with plastic cutelry and was over priced for what you got

One main issue I did have and took great offence to is that I was going to have a meeting in my room and ordered food for two, I then received a phone call, bearing in mind this was 1300 hrs saying that i could not have anyone in my room at all and they demanded i go down and give details of my guest (Male, Professional, Italian), I told them I did not have details and just forget it I'd go to his hotel and just bring the food. When the food arrived the waiter was accompanied by the GM who I found rude and abrupt at the door to kind of check I had no one in the room. Not only did I feel I was being accused of something sordid, but felt also kind of dirty and guilty even though I had done nothing wrong.

I travel many thousands of miles and stay in hundreds of hotels and I can honstly say I've never ever been made to feel like that anywhere in the world. And it is purely for that reason and attitude that I will never return to this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
6  Thank jc30168
Customerrelationship, General Manager at Hotel Berna, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2012

Dear jc30168 ,

My name is Carlo Fontana and I’m the General Manager of the Hotel Berna in Milan, which my family has run and operated since 1973.

Regarding your complaints, I’m truly sorry we were not able to meet your expectations. I guess there’s no need to go into details about the room and the breakfast, because there are enough comments about them from other guests.

However, we feel that your experience at our hotel has been affected by the “room service” and the fact that you were not allowed to bring a second person in your room.

In our hotel room service is offered by another company – as clearly stated in the menu – thus, we usually accompany the caterer to the room in order to introduce him / her to the guest.

Then, regarding the second person who was not our guest, I must tell you that an important set of binding rules for the hotel sector (TULPS - 18.06.1931, n. 773) clearly states that in a single room can only stay one person, and it is strictly forbidden that a second person may have access - even if for a very short time - to the room.

There are many reasons behind these legal and binding rules, mainly aimed to guarantee a high level of security and safety to all the guests; and not respecting the law could have caused us, and my co-workers, serious legal consequences.

I certainly understand that with the eyes of a customer, the appliance of these rules may let appear the staff to behave in a very unfriendly and impolite way and I apologize if we gave you such an impression: our first priority is to make our guest feel welcome and appreciated from the first moment they get into our doors.

Kind regards,