“Excellent hotel”
Review of Hotel Berna

Hotel Berna
Ranked #13 of 430 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 2 November 2012

Hotel Berna met all our expectations. Hotel staff are very friendly, extremely helpful and Nothing was ever too much trouble. The beds were so comfortable, lovely pillows and great to have the tea and coffee facilities. The shower was amazing and the bathroom large and modern. The breakfast had everything you could want and the staff serving were so friendly and helpful and as we left early gave us two breakfast boxes to take for our train trip. Ideally located within easy walking distance of the main train station and metro, this is a great base to explore and shop! In the evening we had a drink in the bar and there was an array of food to have with your drink at no charge! Coffee and tea available downstairs in the lounge 24 hours a day is a great added touch. Great hotel, good location,fantastic staff, great price make this a fantastic place to stay.

Room Tip: Upgrade to superior room if you can, worth the extra cost
1  Thank Mumanddaughter08
Write a ReviewReviews (6,787)

Reviewed 2 November 2012

5 weeks abroad and spent last few nights at Hotel Berna. Double room was 200 for fist night and 150 for 2nd. Its just a short walk from the central station with a metro train stop even closer. Room was "plush" what we thought was just gold wallpaper on all the walls ended up being a padded material. Room was very clean and quiet and modern. The included breakfast was very extensive buffet plus espresso coffee to order. All staff were happy friendly and helpful to do anything. We'll definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank RobFromAustrala
Reviewed 1 November 2012

Although I stayed only one night, as I have done in the past, this hotel continues to exude class. At one time that wouldn't have been too difficult in the area close to the station, but it seems that quite a few hotels are now sharpening up their act. I suspect that Berna is still amongst the best however - special mention to knowledgeable and friendly reception staff.

As a solo traveller I expected a small room - and got one! But this is par for the course in Italy, and I have seen many smaller. The bathroom was superb - clean, modern, well-lit and with all facilities.

Prices in the bar are high - 6 euros for a Peroni beer seemed excessive - and this would be my only real criticism, although there are any number of bars in the area.

No problem walking around daytime, although it is a fairly "boring" area.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 November 2012

My first time in Milan,this hotel is good!
The location is perfect, to the Central station, where the airport buses drive to. The area is safe, I walked alone in the evening and felt comfotable.
The metro is just 5 minutes walk away. One can easily walk to The Duome, it takes about 30 minutes.
The hotel has a friendly atmosphere, my room was quiet and calm. The bed perfect and the room and bathroom are very clean.
The staff is very helpful and gives you a smile - I like:)

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Elsie L
Reviewed 31 October 2012

Nice Hotel, very close to the Milano Grand Centrale Train Station, Free WiFi with great speed,
The Breakfast is great, and included.
The room has an average size, the decoration is terrible, the double bed is not big but it is very comfortable.
The bathroom requires you to be fit... The shower is very small, but the water pressure is ok.
The staff is very professional and courteous
I would stay here again and I do recommend this hotel..

Room Tip: When I found out my room was on the ground floor I was a little concerned, but I had no problems at...
Reviewed 30 October 2012

“Ideally located, exceptional and friendly service, good choice”
This hotel provided us with a great stay in Milan, one of the main jumping-off points on our Italian vacation. The Berna is only a 5 minute walk from the central train station where the airport bus and long distance trains (both within Italy and to other European cities) start and finish. The metro stop is also close by. We stayed four nights at Hotel Berna in October, and were delighted with the thoughtful management attention and the comforts that the hotel offers its guests. My wife and I planned several daytrips to surrounding areas by train, and the hotel’s walking-distance location was perfect; the front desk staff (Cesare and Luiz) was even able to get us through a railroad workers strike by getting the “not so readily available” info on which trains would still be running during the strike. We were able to arrange for a nice queen size bed and all optional amenities weeks ahead of arriving, via a very friendly personalized webpage interface. And though we got in the morning we landed after their usual breakfast cutoff time, the staff nonetheless welcomed us to partake of their buffet offerings of fresh pastries, eggs, meats, and coffee. The breakfast is unbelievable and you won't find many better in your travels. I highly recommend staying at Berna if you’re in Milan.

Room Tip: There is a number of recently renovated rooms on the 4th floor of the hotel.
Reviewed 30 October 2012

Although I stayed only one night, I can tell that the management of the hotel is doing very good job and all the staff's hospitality to guests is superb. A room was a little bit smaller than I expected, but free wifi, free mini-bar, turndown service, good breakfast, there are many things which wiped off the room size; so there is not even one thing that I can imagine that I would complaint about. Desktop computers and printers were really helpful when you need to printout e-ticket, boarding pass and next hotel's voucher. The hotel is very close to the central station, which is very convenient and no problem walking around daytime, but a little bit, just a tiny bit bleak neighborhood at night time: yet, nothing that you need to worry about.. though.
Overall, I give "excellent" to this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo