“flyingsinger”

Ranked #13 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Los Angeles
“flyingsinger”
Reviewed 29 May 2013

We chose to stay at this hotel in Milan due to the positive reviews on tripadvisor. The location is handy to the Centrale train station as well as the metro making it an easy trip for anywhere you want to go in Milan. Our room was clean and comfortable. We especially enjoyed the free mini-bar and that we were able to make our selections via internet before our arrival. You are even given the choice of pillow and temperature for your room. Our newspapers arrived daily so my husband could ready before breakfast. The breakfast buffet offered numerous choices and the service was good. The service given us from check in to check out was outstanding. I would return again if in Milan. We even received a bottle of water as we left for the train station.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank flyingsinger

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (718)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 29 May 2013 via mobile

Walking to the hotel from the station and into the reception of this hotel, I was pretty sure I was going to be disappointed with the experience... But I have to say that I was very pleasantly surprised. We stayed in the newer building across the street from the reception. The service was great, the room was very good- spacious, clean and comfortable- and the hotel amenities were great. Free wifi and the breakfast was included. The breakfast was actually very good with eggs/ meats and the juicer to make your own fresh carrot juice was a pleasant surprise. The only issue might have been the location if I was visiting milan for a longer period... For reference, A taxi ride to the duomo was 10 euros. For our specific purpose of overnight stay between train rides, the hotel and location were perfect and I would not hesitate to stay there again...

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Meechan2
Newark, New Jersey
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I stayed here for 2 nites, room # 302, facing the back and also near the elevator but still a very quiet room. the breakfast was very good. hard boiled eggs, sliced fresh fruit, yogurt, bread, all the sweets, etc..the room and toilet were very clean and very comfy bed. I slept soundly. The free water, sodas are bonus, free computer to use. near the train station. My only small complaint was the guy (maybe he is new) gave me a wrong answer. I wanted to make a collect call to US credit card company from my room, and the younger guy in front desk told me "I can't place a collect call from my room or anywhere else in Milan, just when he was in the States, too He was not able to call out. It does not work that way. and he insisted. So I went down and talk to the older guy and soon I found out the young guy was helpless, but the older guy was able to help me and he even dialed out for me from the front desk and was forwarded to my room.

Would I come recommend it, yes.

Room Tip: room 301, or facing back is quiet room
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank petfriendly_8
Hawaii
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Followed everyone else's advice and booked Hotel Berna in Milan and was not disappointed. It is located very close to the train station and even closer to the metro stop. The breakfasts were wonderful, offering a selection of pastries, juices, fresh fruit, cereals, yogurt, sliced meats, hot entrees (e.g. frittata, couscous, potato/vegetable hash, scrambled eggs, bacon), hot chocolate, various coffees, etc. The staff was also very nice and helpful and the room was nice and clean.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank lm2hi
Ireland
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Great hotel if your visiting Milan. Nearest metro only 2 . mins walk and then only 5 stops to Duomo., La Scala etc. But back to the hotel. Stayed with friends - 6 in all and each of us found the experience the same - fantastic. Rooms a little small but spotlessly clean & very comfortable. But for us its the service that really stands out, from the receptionists to the waiting staff , all of them extremely helpful. Our breakfast was excellent with a huge choice of fruit , breads, cold meats, cheese, juices, anything you could want and all included in a great price for B&B. Well done to all at Hotel Berna. As they say 'We'll be back' . PS. Don't forget to get barman Max to make one of his brilliant cocktails after a long day sightseeing!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mags1963
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 26 May 2013

We have just returned from a 19 day trip to Italy and Barcelona. Of all the hotels visited, Hotel Berna in Milan was the best. The room was clean and comfortable. The amenities were tops. Have you ever stayed in a hotel that says that everything in the mini-fridge (except alcohol) is free?!! And the breakfast was A+. The location is close to the train station which made it easy for us.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Judy O
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Excellent choice! Short walk to central station. We stayed two separate nights. One room was dated yet felt surprisingly retro. Second stay on 1st floor, room very modern. Free soft drinks in mini bar a real treat and breakfast was superb, extensive choice & even a juicer to use. Overall very impressive.

• Stayed April 2013