“Delightful experience”

Ranked #12 of 427 Hotels in Milan
Melbourne, Australia
“Delightful experience”
Reviewed 1 June 2013

We only stayed overnight in this lovely small friendly hotel - but we really enjoyed our stay. The hotel is centrally located and we found the staff so helpful - the buffet breakfast was fabulous and the tea and coffee station in the lounge was such a welcome addition. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are a little quieter.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Acacia_13

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (730)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Caracas, Venezuela
Reviewed 30 May 2013

The location is very convenient, close to the main train station. Excellent service and attention from the first moment. The room very comfortable. The on-line setup of the room prior to arrival is superb. Best breakfast of all the hotels we visited in Italy.

1 Thank Alejandro P
Hamilton, New Zealand
Reviewed 30 May 2013

This hotel is a little beauty, charming staff, well maintained,rooms are small but perfectly adequate, no bath (at least in our room) but otherwise great bathroom. Breakfast was excellent, good choice of a substantial range of foods and you could make your own juices. Free wifi! Location - short walk from the main train station, and to the Metro (and the Milan Metro is very efficient). Would definitely stay again.

1 Thank Dave G
Los Angeles
Reviewed 29 May 2013

We chose to stay at this hotel in Milan due to the positive reviews on tripadvisor. The location is handy to the Centrale train station as well as the metro making it an easy trip for anywhere you want to go in Milan. Our room was clean and comfortable. We especially enjoyed the free mini-bar and that we were able to make our selections via internet before our arrival. You are even given the choice of pillow and temperature for your room. Our newspapers arrived daily so my husband could ready before breakfast. The breakfast buffet offered numerous choices and the service was good. The service given us from check in to check out was outstanding. I would return again if in Milan. We even received a bottle of water as we left for the train station.

1 Thank flyingsinger
Reviewed 29 May 2013 via mobile

Walking to the hotel from the station and into the reception of this hotel, I was pretty sure I was going to be disappointed with the experience... But I have to say that I was very pleasantly surprised. We stayed in the newer building across the street from the reception. The service was great, the room was very good- spacious, clean and comfortable- and the hotel amenities were great. Free wifi and the breakfast was included. The breakfast was actually very good with eggs/ meats and the juicer to make your own fresh carrot juice was a pleasant surprise. The only issue might have been the location if I was visiting milan for a longer period... For reference, A taxi ride to the duomo was 10 euros. For our specific purpose of overnight stay between train rides, the hotel and location were perfect and I would not hesitate to stay there again...

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Meechan2
Newark, New Jersey
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I stayed here for 2 nites, room # 302, facing the back and also near the elevator but still a very quiet room. the breakfast was very good. hard boiled eggs, sliced fresh fruit, yogurt, bread, all the sweets, etc..the room and toilet were very clean and very comfy bed. I slept soundly. The free water, sodas are bonus, free computer to use. near the train station. My only small complaint was the guy (maybe he is new) gave me a wrong answer. I wanted to make a collect call to US credit card company from my room, and the younger guy in front desk told me "I can't place a collect call from my room or anywhere else in Milan, just when he was in the States, too He was not able to call out. It does not work that way. and he insisted. So I went down and talk to the older guy and soon I found out the young guy was helpless, but the older guy was able to help me and he even dialed out for me from the front desk and was forwarded to my room.

Would I come recommend it, yes.

Room Tip: room 301, or facing back is quiet room
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank petfriendly_8
Hawaii
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Followed everyone else's advice and booked Hotel Berna in Milan and was not disappointed. It is located very close to the train station and even closer to the metro stop. The breakfasts were wonderful, offering a selection of pastries, juices, fresh fruit, cereals, yogurt, sliced meats, hot entrees (e.g. frittata, couscous, potato/vegetable hash, scrambled eggs, bacon), hot chocolate, various coffees, etc. The staff was also very nice and helpful and the room was nice and clean.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family