“Excellent stay”
Review of Hotel Berna

Hotel Berna
Ranked #12 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We just stayed at Hotel Berna for 2 nights for our stay in Milan. What an excellent experience we had at this hotel. The room was very good. It was spacious and the shower and bathroom was very good. The breakfast here was the best we have had in our three weeks in Italy.
The staff was very helpful if we had any questions. Also, the location is perfect for a quick getaway from Milan by train.
I would recommend this hotel for anybody going to Milan.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (6,780)

Reviewed 20 May 2014

We enjoyed our stay here at Hotel Berna. We were relocated to the block opposite the main hotel and we loved it.. On level 1, there is hot water and free flow tea bags with a pc for you to surf the internet! How thoughtful is that!
The room is clean and new.. we wouldn't have minded staying another night there!
Located really close to the Train Station, like 5 mins walk only! That was a saver for us!
I can't remember the breakfast >.< So I can only say it was average? I think in europe they don't serve eggs during breakfast.. eggs are chargable... so it was only ham, jam and bread...juices, tea, coffee, milk and cereal i think? not very memorable >.<
It is a 15-20 mins walk to the Duomo.. we got around the town mostly by walking.. The staff was really kind and helpful... They helped us keep our luggages while we explored the city till it was time to go.. my luggage broke down and we need to get a new one.. the hotel staff told us exactly where we will be able to find a luggage store (as the next day was a sunday and most of the shops will be closed). We were really really thankful and we managed to get a luggage and make it to our train on time :)
The security at the opposite block was tight.. it was a double glass door.. one have to wait for one door to close before the door will open.. at first we thought.. erm.. such tight security is it very UNSAFE? yet we did not meet any rowdy crowds or drunkard men when we went back late at night..it was just a quiet street with a few restaurants located around the hotel street. But we only stayed there for 1 night so can't comment much I guess?
I will stay here again the next time I'm here! :)

Room Tip: Ask for a newly renovated room. Room that is not located on the main block :)
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank xmEex
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel graciously reached out to me seeking any special requests prior to my arrival. This grace and hospitality continued throughout my visit. The room was expectedly small for a single, but the bathroom was as large as the stylish sleeping chamber with a large bath fit for my 6'2" frame. Great buffet breakfast, well stocked bar, efficient and friendly front desk that helped me to maneuver my first trip to Milan. I have already booked again with them when I return from Croatia in two weeks. Very near central train station and Metro lines. Highly recommended.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Bob92103
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We are very impressed with Hotel Berna. From the front Desk, Breakfast room,
Cleanness of room, Excellent location, Luggage services and Parking arrangement.
I have no negative comment whatsoever. Good Job, Hotel Berna staff!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2014

The service at Hotel Berna exceeded our expectations. Starting with emails days before our arrival allowing us to customize some of our room features (pillows, etc). You can buy your Metro tickets at the reception desk, which makes it really easy to use the Metro. Berna is four short stops to the center of town...very convenient. It was also only five minutes from the train station, which makes it easy to get to the hotel when travelling by train. We stayed in their annex building across the street from the main hotel. Only four rooms per floor, nicely appointed, excellent breakfast. We had an early train on our last morning and they provided us with a nice breakfast to go package to take with us on the train. My only negative was that the Wi-Fi was on the slow slide.

However, all in all, Hotel Berna was superb.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank EdfromTampa
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Just a few days before my trip, I switched to this hotel based on the good reviews I read about it. I'm glad I did. Before my stay here, I was able to pick and choose online exactly what I wanted in my room during my stay. For example, the kind of pillow I wanted, if I wanted an iron and ironing board, etc. That was a nice perk. The hotel is a 5 minute walk from Milano Centrale and just a 2 minute walk to the metro system. When I arrived, I was greeted by the friendly staff at the front desk. I was shown to my room, which was in a building across the street. My room was on the 6th floor, and I had a nice view of the city. The room was clean and comfortable, the bed and pillows were perfect (and I'm picky) and the bathroom was nice and spacious. The breakfast in the morning was very good and they even had gluten free items for me. Everyone was so nice and helpful, and it just made for an enjoyable stay in Milan. I loved this hotel and will be back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 May 2014

just returned from a 4 night stay at this hotel. the staff is courteous and helpful; whatever we needed, they were able to help. the breakfast was plentiful, and the breakfast staff went out of their way to assist. the location of this hotel is extremely convenient, we walked everywhere! our room was clean and for european standards on the larger side. we asked for a quiet room and were given a room on the 5th floor and it was very quiet indeed. would be happy to return to this hotel given the opportunity!

Room Tip: higher floor was very quiet
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business