“Smoke free and convenient”
Review of Hotel Berna

Hotel Berna
Ranked #13 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Edmonton, Canada
“Smoke free and convenient”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Hotel is 100% smoke free and the location is really convenient. 5 min walk from Central Station, metro is in the Central Station. Bus shuttle to both airports too.
Friendly service with free mini bar on non-alcoholic beverages make my days. I don't have to look for bottled water for my night consumption.
The breakfast service begins 6:30 am to 11:00 am. The attendants are so friendly that they'll bring you cappucino happily.
The room is comfortable and the power outlet is sufficient for all of our gadgets.
The only minor suggestion is the tiny shower.

Room Tip: Superior room is good value.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (717)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
California, United States
Reviewed 21 May 2014

My aunt and I started our Italy trip off in Milan this May 2014 and we were not disappointed. The hotel is very close to the central train station, which was nice especially since we were so tired from our long flight. Since they are doing construction on the main street the picture on their website to help you find the hotel wasn't as accurate as it could have been, but overall it was not hard to find. We arrive approximately 3 hours before checkin and our room was ready for us! It had 2 twin beds and a pull out couch (which we didn't need since we were only 2 people but it was nice). The bathroom was a pretty good size too. The Duomo is a 15-30 minute walk depending on how fast you walk and how good you are at directions. We stayed two nights. It wasn't very hard to get to and the staff was very helpful in giving us great directions to get there. The breakfast was great, lots of options. You could have different kinds of meats, cheeses, hard boiled eggs, breads, etc. I don't think I could list all the wonderful things they had. Also if you like carrot juice you could make your own!

It was very nice that they emailed us in advance to see if there was anything they could do to make our stay the most enjoyable.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 17KJI
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

We just stayed at Hotel Berna for 2 nights for our stay in Milan. What an excellent experience we had at this hotel. The room was very good. It was spacious and the shower and bathroom was very good. The breakfast here was the best we have had in our three weeks in Italy.
The staff was very helpful if we had any questions. Also, the location is perfect for a quick getaway from Milan by train.
I would recommend this hotel for anybody going to Milan.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We enjoyed our stay here at Hotel Berna. We were relocated to the block opposite the main hotel and we loved it.. On level 1, there is hot water and free flow tea bags with a pc for you to surf the internet! How thoughtful is that!
The room is clean and new.. we wouldn't have minded staying another night there!
Located really close to the Train Station, like 5 mins walk only! That was a saver for us!
I can't remember the breakfast >.< So I can only say it was average? I think in europe they don't serve eggs during breakfast.. eggs are chargable... so it was only ham, jam and bread...juices, tea, coffee, milk and cereal i think? not very memorable >.<
It is a 15-20 mins walk to the Duomo.. we got around the town mostly by walking.. The staff was really kind and helpful... They helped us keep our luggages while we explored the city till it was time to go.. my luggage broke down and we need to get a new one.. the hotel staff told us exactly where we will be able to find a luggage store (as the next day was a sunday and most of the shops will be closed). We were really really thankful and we managed to get a luggage and make it to our train on time :)
The security at the opposite block was tight.. it was a double glass door.. one have to wait for one door to close before the door will open.. at first we thought.. erm.. such tight security is it very UNSAFE? yet we did not meet any rowdy crowds or drunkard men when we went back late at night..it was just a quiet street with a few restaurants located around the hotel street. But we only stayed there for 1 night so can't comment much I guess?
I will stay here again the next time I'm here! :)

Room Tip: Ask for a newly renovated room. Room that is not located on the main block :)
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank xmEex
San Diego, California
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel graciously reached out to me seeking any special requests prior to my arrival. This grace and hospitality continued throughout my visit. The room was expectedly small for a single, but the bathroom was as large as the stylish sleeping chamber with a large bath fit for my 6'2" frame. Great buffet breakfast, well stocked bar, efficient and friendly front desk that helped me to maneuver my first trip to Milan. I have already booked again with them when I return from Croatia in two weeks. Very near central train station and Metro lines. Highly recommended.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Bob92103
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We are very impressed with Hotel Berna. From the front Desk, Breakfast room,
Cleanness of room, Excellent location, Luggage services and Parking arrangement.
I have no negative comment whatsoever. Good Job, Hotel Berna staff!!

Tampa, FL
Reviewed 18 May 2014

The service at Hotel Berna exceeded our expectations. Starting with emails days before our arrival allowing us to customize some of our room features (pillows, etc). You can buy your Metro tickets at the reception desk, which makes it really easy to use the Metro. Berna is four short stops to the center of town...very convenient. It was also only five minutes from the train station, which makes it easy to get to the hotel when travelling by train. We stayed in their annex building across the street from the main hotel. Only four rooms per floor, nicely appointed, excellent breakfast. We had an early train on our last morning and they provided us with a nice breakfast to go package to take with us on the train. My only negative was that the Wi-Fi was on the slow slide.

However, all in all, Hotel Berna was superb.

2 Thank EdfromTampa