Leonardo Hotel Milan City Center
US$315
US$252
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Radisson Blu Hotel, Milan(Milan)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$120
  • Pool
WORLDHOTEL Cristoforo Colombo(Milan)(Great Value!)
US$183
US$117
US$86
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewschinatown areachinese shopsmini gymheart of china townnice hotelhotel is locatedgood sizewithin easy reachtram stopminute walkspacious roomitalian stylemain sightscontinental breakfastcastello sforzescoquiet at nightcity break
Reviewed 25 April 2013

A bit further than I would have liked to be from the city center, about 12 euros by taxi.
The bed was too hard for me, and my back was suffering in the mornings. I asked for two beds, as usually in Europe there is not sufficient space for a suitcase to be opened with enough room to walk around. This one was quite spacious, and nicely decorated in the classic style. There is a bar fridge in the room. There is no power outlet in the bathroom, so if you need to dry your hair, you will have to do it in the other room where the lighting is not really sufficient, also no wash cloths are provided.
Breakfast is excellent, with a wide selection of hot and cold choices. The restaurant, which was open for lunch and dinner, except Saturday night! was reasonably priced with main courses around 9 euros, and very good service. The bar served a nice selection of appertizers from 6pm. There are about 4 English speaking TV stations, Sky, Fox, CNBC etc.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 April 2013

This is a lovely hotel very well decorated comfy beds and pillows,with a free safe in the room.We paid a city tax of 8euros a nite for the 2 of us.The breakfast was very nice and when we checked out(12pm) they were happy to hold our bags for us. You can walk into the city centre takes about 20mins through a park or along the road. The hotel has its own Restaurant in which you can have dinner but as we were in the middle of Chinatown we decided to have Chinese found a lovely place just round the corner called Trattoria Chinese( I think )had locals eating there and was really cheap but wonderfull food.

Getting there
Getting to the hotel is fairly easy, we took the shuttle bus from Malpensa airport which cost 16euros each for a return ( if flying easyjet they offer this on board).we then took the metro to Lanza and then u can either walk or jump on the 12 or 14 tram which takes you to the top of Bramante road then it's just a short walk to the hotel you can see the sign for the hotel easily.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2013

We were staying a night in Milan before moving on with our itinerary. This hotel had reasonable rates given their location. Tram stops are nearby the hotel and you can take a tram to the Duomo area. Taxi fare from Milan Centrale to the hotel was around 15 Euros.

Room was clean, especially the toilet which I am very particular about. Though a bit dated looking (colour combination of green and red), it is spacious and comfortable.

Breakfast room on the ground floor could do with 1-2 more staff as they were all kept pretty busy with a weekday crowd. Good spread of breakfast items.

It would be great if they have provided free wifi as most hotels are doing.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank graciepapa
Reviewed 15 April 2013

I booked this for post-cruise stay. Hotel prices was very high all over Milan during my stay, so initially I just booked for one night, though otel.com. I was travelling with family with two kids, but even if i checked on lot of sites, unfortunately I found no hotel in city area to offer room space for two kids. And with prices starting from 200$/night for double room, and in areas close to airports, it was a real challenge.

I'm always looking for at least 3* hotels (preferable 4*, when price is reasonable), and close to city center. And when I found offer for double room + 1 kid, at Hermitage, for 270$, I got it.
Later, got the second thought, and decided to stay one more night. Changing booking wasn't possible, so I was searching to book separately the second night, and finally found hotel's own site, with booking section. This was great, because I got a better price, and for Junior suite. Although, even on their site was told that kids up to 12 years ole can stay free with parents, it wasn't possible to book junior suite with two kids, so I had to book with one kid only.
Later, I contacted the hotel reservation's office, informing about the two bookings, and about the issue with booking regarding kids. They were very kind to offer me junior suite for both nights, and also added two extra beds for kids, so we had a very comfortable stay.

About the actual stay: the junior suite is nicely decorated and is very large - the double bed is huge and very comfortable. There was plenty of room, and adding two extra beds for kids still left a lot of space around. Bath in very large also, and well maintained.
The room had a sofa (which initially I hoped it is extensible and thought can be used for kids). It is not, and is also very narrow, maybe around 1-1.2 m wide, so it cannot really be used for sleep by anyone, so don't plan for using it for kids.

Breakfast is served in own restaurant, which is quite large and nicely decorated also. And the breakfast itself was very rich, with lot of options for food.

About the location.
As aforementioned, the hotel is in middle of Milan's China Town.
I don't know how China Town usually is in other cities, and I have to admit my ignorance, and say my only info about was from Hollywood movies, where it isn't pictured a very safe area usually all the time.
Well, that's not the case by far in Milan. We felt very safe in the area, even if we got back to hotel very late, after 10 pm.

Very close to hotel is a nice pedestrian area (long Via Paolo Sarpi).

Also, about 5 min from hotel is tram station, which bring you right to city center, at Duomo.

Even if city center is quite large, we managed to walk it all, and took a stroll to Parc Sempoine (also relatively close to hotel), then to Santa Maria del Grazie (where we saw Leonardo's masterpiece "Last Supper"), then headed to Duomo. All in an afternoon, by foot, with two kids with us.

So, we spent some very nice time in Milano,

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank travegopi
Reviewed 21 March 2013

Nice hotel right in the heart of Chinatown, but also not far from the city centre and even with quite an easy access to Malpensa Express (about 20 minutes walking to Cadorna Station). Spacious room with large comfortable bed. Friendly staff keen to assist in all aspects. Good choice of food for breakfast, included in room rate. In general good choice and good value for money, highly recommended. Small negative remark: Wi-Fi paid for 24 hours should really be operational within the paid time range, but it failed right after checking out in the morning - not usable in the lobby anymore.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business