Milan Marriott Hotel
Ranked #143 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 16 August 2011

This was an excellent hotel -- top notch service and amenities. There were many strange juxtapositions though. First it had a very modern exterior -- with a 19th century interior decor. Second it was a very fancy business hotel, but didn't really seem to be near many businesses.

Regardless we very much enjoyed our stay. It is a bit far to walk with heavy bags from the closest metro stop, Wagner, but is only a 11 euro taxi ride from Cadorna station so it was handy for the Milan Airport.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,261)

Reviewed 13 August 2011

We stayed for three nights at this hotel and it was just okay. We stay at approximately 10-15 Marriott properties per year so we are accustomed to a certain level of quality and service. We were disappointed with the location of the hotel. It is not conveniently located to the city center so we spent at least 7-10 Euros taking a taxi back and forth (one could walk but it would take some valuable time out of your day). The staff were generally very helpful, however, we returned to our hotel one afternoon to find our room left open. When I tried to speak to a staff person on the floor...she couldn't understand me and briskly walked away. I actually stood there for a few minutes assuming that she would get her supervisor to come and speak to me. I was concerned that our room was unlocked and unsure as to whether or not she was finished with cleaning the room. Eventually, a male employee came by and I asked for his assistance. He was able to find out that the cleaner was finished with our room so I didn't think much of the incident. However, later that evening, I noticed that our room hadn't been cleaned sufficiently (in other words - the cleaner wasn't finished). Our garbage can was still full (not emptied) and our shampoo hadn't been replenished. I went to speak to the front desk about this in the morning and although I was assured that my satisfaction was their utmost concern - I was lectured about how I should have called them immediately when this came up. Keep in mind, I thought that everything was fine until late at night.
We ordered breakfast and we were disappointed with the value of what we ordered. It was the least amount of food that we had ever seen for the high cost that we paid.
The decor was very out-dated and the wallpaper in our room was literally peeling off the wall.
The bright spot of our stay were the meals in the brasserie and dining room. We had delicious meals and received a lot of food for what we paid for. The service staff were very courteous and helpful.
I wouldn't return to this hotel again - it wasn't worth our money...maybe for dinner though.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2011

Very disappointed, my stay start badly .. My first room was very noise.. While the hotel was near empty, I ask to the reception a new room it was better but. The air conditioning didn't worked well. the breakfast was Terrible, cappuccino cold, cake not fresh and juice fruit from very low quality , where I would expect fresh fruit ..
I really don't recommend this hotel value for money is the worst I never got

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 August 2011

great hotel, very nice staff, we will book this hotel again during our next trip to milano. shame only the room service couldnt provide any food after one o clock...

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Apparently Berlusconi holds his football and other parties at this Marriott (although I don't know this for sure) but although the staff are very nice indeed, I mean, really really nice and helpful, the location of the hotel, i'd say, is not ideal for tourists; it's 30mins by taxi from Linate (the airport of choice if you can arrive there), 25mins from the central station and not walking distance to the Duomo. In fact I felt it was rather tired and in need of a full renovation.

The staff, again, were excellent. In fact there was a power cut for two hours and they were helping everyone about, making romantic breakfast tables with candles etc. I was really impressed.

So if you're going for business, and it's in the right part of town to get to your meeting, and you're not too fussy about where you put your head down and you are loyal to marriot, then okay go for it. Otherwise, I wouldn't choose this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 July 2011

I was there for an holiday and ised it mainly for overnight sleeping.
Restuarant is very expensive and I reccomend eating outside. there are fine restaurants in short walking distance.
30 min nice walk from city center or 3 min from metro station.
Will consider using it again when in Milan.

Room Tip: basic room was fine
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank amirdavi
Reviewed 26 July 2011

The hotel is a litle bit old but very well mantained and with an efficient staff. The is a praking that due to the semi-central area is good. The room are confortable and large. The breakfast is well organized and quite rich for italian standard. The is a nice resturant. Hotel is close to the center where you can arrve with few stop o metro, 500 from the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business