“Pleasant stay”

Milan Marriott Hotel
Ranked #142 of 430 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Stayed for a day at the Marriott. This was my second stay and would like to repeat it in future also. I stayed at the upper floors, had lounge facility which was excellent and very courteous staff. The room was impeccable and a very pleasant experience throughout. Bang opposite a wonderful Supermarket with only its location being not so great.

Room Tip: Choose the upper floors.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank SajivKapoor
Guest R, Front Office Manager at Milan Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear Ms SajivKapoor,

We are delighted to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay with us and were satisfied with the cleanliness of hotel and helpfulness of our staff.

We look forward to welcoming you again very soon as you travel BRILLIANTLY with Marriott.

Warm regards,
Katia Di Martino

Write a ReviewReviews (1,266)

Reviewed 11 October 2013

Stayed on a business trip, a hotel with a lot of character. If you are after a something a little different from you average box type modern hotel room, this is hotel offered something that for me felt rather more homely.

Room was up to usual high standards of a Marriott and all the furnishing matched with the period feel of the hotel inside (noting that from the outside looks quite modern). It was close to the office for me but worth noting is short ride from the centre,

Overall represented good value.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Guest R, Front Office Manager at Milan Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Milan Marriott hotel for your stay in Milan.

We are happy to realise that you enjoyed your experience with us and we are looking forward to welcome you back.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 30 September 2013

My partner and I stayed the one night in September. Location is fine - especially if you don't mind walking - it's approx. 35 mins walk from the hotel to the central areas/duomo etc. Staff were pleasant, rooms were clean and spacious enough and we had a good quiet night's sleep on a comfortable bed. Would recommend the hotel for a short stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I stayed here for business on September 3rd to the 6th. The location is not close to the center; a taxi is needed for every time you wish to do something; not much in the immediate area.

The hotel room was fine but there was no iron, water, or ability to make coffee or hot water for tea as the website states. As a business hotel and Marriott chain, you expect these basic amenities. I would not stay here again but stay near the center where I wanted to stay to begin with (Management dictated where we would stay).

The meals were good and the service good as well.

Milan is a fun, beautiful city and I recommend the Castello, Duomo, and Last Supper.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

After two nights in the Milan Marriott I asked about an additional night and was told there would not be a problem because Tuesday the 17th of September had 10 rooms available., when I approached Titiana at the front desk on Monday the16th to book the extra night she told me that they did not have a room...That I would have to leave , she "did not care" that I was Marriott Platinum and American Express Platinum. I will never stay here again, and I will advise everyone I know to avoid this property. I called the Marriott customer service and complained and ask them to please explain to their employees how difficult it is to become Marriott Platinum. And yes, my room smells like cigarettes and the hotel is very dated (and expensive for what you get).

Room Tip: avoid this property
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Carlos F
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I am a loyal Marriott stayer for 15 years (Gold status), and have had excellent service at most of their properties. I harbor no grudges here, just giving an honest review -- maybe the folks at Marriott will read this (sorry Marriott, but if you've visited this property you'll agree). This hotel needs to be gutted and 100% renovated. This is a rare Marriott miss. I stayed on the Concierge Level, in a big suite, so it should've been putting their best foot forward, but it was horrible.

Do not stay at this property unless you are willing to put up with:

Moldly smells and cigarette-hiding smells. It feels like it's been smoked in for decades (Italians love to smoke) and they never really got rid of the smell

Decor from the 1960s, garish, ostentatious, often with scratches and in need of replacement

Carpet and wallpaper that should've been replaced at least 10 years ago

Poor phone service - sometimes I called and it would take an hour to get a human)

Smelly, uninviting concierge lounge

I wouldn't really trust the positive reviews of this hotel. The negative ones reflect my experience. Unfortunately, I had to book my hotel quickly and didn't check TripAdvisor first.

Dear Sir,

Thank you for choosing Marriott and for taking the time to evaluate us on TripAdvisor.

We really appreciate your feedback as it helps us to improve our service and guest satisfaction.

We truly apologize for the inconveniences during your stay. Please be assured that your complaint has already been carefully analyzed and discussed within the management department and first steps are being done to avoid such complaints in the future.

We hope to have the chance to welcome you again to the Milan Marriott hotel and will make every effort to better meet your expectations next time.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 11 September 2013

The husband had a 4 day meeting in Milan and we planned a 15 day trip out of it. We stayed at 3 smaller B&B's in Rome, Florence and Venice which were excellent, but the Marriott in Milan was a complete and utter disaster.

Husband is a Marriott Glod Rewards Member. We had requested a doublebed room 3 months in advance when this meet was scheduled. When we arrived at 11pm, we were given a twin room and told that there were no queens available, but they would shift us in the morning. (In the morning, I took a look at the Queen sized bed room, but that was much smaller than the twin room, so I elected to stay put in the room we were originally given, even though we were there for 5 days.)

While most people attending this conference were booked for 5 nights. My husband and a few others had booked for 5 nights. The Hotel claimed that they had not been intimated of the extension.

The next thing they told us was that something was wrong with their credit card system, so instead of blocking the amount, before the stay, they would charge us before the stay.

Next we were told that the wifi was under maintainance and would not be working. It took over 14 hours for the wifi to be up and running, which was when we were told that we would be charged 12 euros per day per device for accessing wifi in our room. Every other place we stayed in, in Italy gave us free wifi in our rooms with excellent speed.

They said that they provided free wifi in the lobby, but after a long day of work (husband) sightseeing (me), who wants to go down to the lobby to surf basic news, mail and fb? We just want to lounge in bed for an hour or so in our pyjamas, read up on whats happenning in the world before we crash in bed. Given how well dressed people in Milan are (a lot of them visiting the bar opposite the lobby) it felt embarassing to come down in slippers, but in a day or 2, we just couldn't care anymore. I neeeded to access the internet to plan my next days trip and mail family back home.

After checking into the room, we realised that there was no tea / coffee maker in the room, which was a pain because Milan was really cold and all I really wanted was to constantly sip on some warm water in the room, so I wouldn't catch a throat infection.

Breakfast was the only bright spot at this hotel. A wide range of good tasting food.

One night we ordered soup (you have to order before 11, if you want any hot foods, otherwise your options are cold sandwiches or soup) because husband wanted some hot liquid down his throat. The soup was more solid than liquid. It was tasty, but chock full of vegetables, potatoes and pasta. It was barely 10% liquid and 90% solid. Not what he wanted at all.

The staff is sweet, but something seems seriously wrong with this Marriott. We have stayed at other Marriotts across the world and the only Marriott that could compete with this one for last place is possibly the one in Luxor.

If you are forced to stay here and don't want to pay 4Euros + service tax for water, walk across to the supermarket opposite and pick up half liter bottles for 25p

Also the hotel is quite far away from the Duomo and the City center, so it isn't ideally located for sightseeing either.

We would not recommend this hotel to anybody.

Room Tip: Avoid the hotel itself as far as possible

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment on TripAdvisor following you stay at the Milan Marriott hotel.

We do apologise for the misunderstanding at the check in time regarding the typology of the rooms, the inconvenience you had regarding the internet connection and the pre-payment that my colleagues asked at the check in time.

Unfortunately during those days we had serious problem with the server and could not guarantee a good internet service to our client. This caused the slowness of our system and the malfunction of the credit card apparatus.

All of your comments have been taken on board.

As we strive to constantly provide a high level of service, we are always keen to hear about your experience as our aim is to offer our guests an excellent service. We are happy that at least you appreciated our delicious breakfast

Probably the overall of your stay did not meet your satisfaction but we hope to have the chance to welcome you again to the Milan Marriott hotel and will make every effort to better meet your expectations next time.

Best regards,