“Wonderful staff, tired decor” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Milan Marriott Hotel

Milan Marriott Hotel
Ranked #135 of 430 Hotels in Milan
“Wonderful staff, tired decor”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

I first visited this hotel over a decade ago. The large marble lobby, the Murano chandelier, the mural over the desk, the gold wallpaper are all still there but with no refurbishing, it has grown tired.

The staff was great. Terrific waiters, great desk clerks, wonderful executive lounge attendant.

The lounge as reported is small, but it was not overcrowded while I was there. The food is not great, but not horrible either. I wish they had had a few vegetables. Complimentary wine was nice touch.

The Bistro Brasserie was once a great place. We loved it when we ate there several times years ago. My $60 dinner had clearly been frozen and reheated. There are several nice restaurants nearby. Choose one.

I liked the location. It is a beautiful area of old (not bombed) buildings with lots of shops and restaurants. I walked to the Cenacola, Cadorna station and the Castello. To go to the duomo, I took the hop on, hop off bus from the Castello for 20 euros.

The price I paid was in line with the quality. So, I would have no problem recommending this hotel as long as you are not expecting a top of the line Marriott.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Guest R, Milan Marriott at Milan Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear Guest

Greetings form the Milan Marriott Hotel.

Thank you for the feedback that you gave through The TripAdivisor web page, regarding your stay in our hotel, we really care about opinions and feedbacks like yours, because they are precious for us to improve our service.

Firstly on behalf of Milan Marriott management let me thank you for the nice words that you reserved to our staff, these words means to us that Guest have appreciated all we do day by day to make every stay a pleasant experience to each traveller.

Please be aware that In the last year we have already started to refurbish some areas of the hotel, and it is in our plan to continue with the overall renovation of the building.

We hope we can welcome you back at our Hotel in the nearest future to show you how we usually take care about our Guest.

Feel Free To contact me if I can assist you with any further issue.

Best Regards

Salvatore
Front Desk Supervisor
Milan Marriott Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Guatemala City, Guatemala
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

Hotel is very beatiful, unfortunately it is a old hotel so rooms are small. Location could be better. Executive lounge very small and with very limited services, no staff on site to pickup glasses and dishes. My only complaint is that to enter the hotel you walk thru a small pathway and it is most of the time with one, two or more persons smoking ad for those of us who do not smoke it is not nice to have to walk thru a cloud of smoke.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Kuwait City
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

Not a bad place at all. Even though it is big and has very friendly staff (concierge specially), it is a little old and far from all the attractions. But to be fair, there is a nice supermarket across the street and a nice local restaurant 5 minutes waking distance.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Guest R, Milan Marriott at Milan Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Milan Marriott and thank you to making the time to write a review on Trip Advisor web site.

Your Comment is very helpful for us to improve our service and motivate all our Associates to get better day by day and provide a Brilliant Experience to the Guest like You.

Please be informed that you can find several public trasports all around the our Hotel that can connect you directly to the city centre within 10 minutes.

We, everybody, hope that we will be able to welcome you back to Milan Marriott Hotel as per one of our favorite Guest.

Warmest Regards

Salvatore Di Giorgio

Front Desk Supervisor |Milan Marriott Hotel
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

The hotel isn't really in any particularly remarkable location. There are buses that run nearby and to important locations like the train station, but otherwise the area is just a random downtown location. Rooms were big, with large bathrooms, and the hotel, especially reception, is very pretty.
Service is very good. The front desk checked us in early, and when one of our group left his phone in the concierge lounge, they immediately called down and identified us and returned it to us. This kind of initiative mitigated what could have been a very bad experience, and really represented the ideal service standard.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

I recently stayed at the Marriott Milan for a business conference. If possible, I'd likely give the review 3 1/2. The hotel met my needs but wasn't anything exceptional.

- Location - It seemed in the middle of nowhere even being in Milan. The Wagner metro station is about a 10 minute walk and that can get you anywhere. One headache was it was raining which made walking challenging. There were a few bars/restaurants in the area and a huge supermarket across the street. If you're looking for a tourist hotel area, this is not the location. The metro can get you where you want to go.

- Check in was very slow with two staff members and a few people with a lot of questions. Once it was my turn, it was smooth.

- Room - typical European room (with American hotel). Bathroom was functional and room size was adequate. I had major challenges with the room temperature. Even in the winter, the room was too hot the majority of the time. I tried calling maintenance a few times, but not sure if my English and their Italian didn't translate because I couldn't get it a consistent temparture

- Conceirge - I'm platinum with Marriott and had lounge access. The room was TINY and was busy for breakfast and appetizers. The staff was nice and the food was limited but good quality. The beverages were always plentiful.

- Shop - they had an upscale small store as part of the hotel, but nothing for toiletries.

- I didn't eat at the hotel, so can't comment on the restaurants

All in all, it was a fine hotel for my business purposes. Again, if you're looking for a tourist hotel close to the action, this isn't it.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank PennStateFan
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the hotel on business recently and I would only give it an average status for the price. It really needs a bit of a make over in general. It suited us from the point of view we attended a conference there and it was convenient. However would I stay there again and the answer is NO not unless it was convenient for the business meetings.

• Stayed February 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Guest R, Milan Marriott at Milan Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Greeting from Milan Marriott Hotel and thank you to making the time to write us a Review on TripAdvisor page.

Your Comment is very important to us, because through it we can improve our overall service that day by day we offer to our guests.

We are very sorry to discover that your experience in our property was not completely positive.
If you wish to be called please let me know the number and the time you prefer to be reached, for me it will be an honour to talk with you.

Salvatore Di Giorgio | Front Desk Supervisor| Milan Marriott Hotel
+39-0248521
Email: mhrs.milit.fosupervisor@marriotthotels.com
Sunderland, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

I stayed here on a business trip around a Champions League game at the San Siro. Hotel is fine, a bit far from Il Duomo however rooms, staff and food were all good. Location is a wide avenue in which there are a numbers of bars nearby and there is a supermarket across the road. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Guest R, Milan Marriott Hotel at Milan Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 8 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Greeting from Milan Marriott and thank you for the feedback that you gave through the TripAdvisor web site regarding your stay in our hotel, we really care about opinions and feedbacks like yours, because they are precious for us to improve our passion for service.

Thank you for the nice words that you used for describe our staff, it will be my personal pleasure extend your feedback to them, to let they know how appreciated is their work and the passion that day by day they show to the guests.

Feel fee to contact me if you need other assistance in the future.

Salvatore