“Average”

Milan Marriott Hotel
Ranked #137 of 428 Hotels in Milan
“Average”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

5 min walk from metro so although off the beaten path, easy enough to get into town. Wi-if and breakfast not included even though the rate is not cheap. There is a supermarket across the road which is convenient. Check in and concierge staff friendly enough. Rooms clean. Desk and chair completely unsuitable for working at so I would not recommend for a business traveller. The lighting in the room was poor and each lamp had to be turned on and off separately which is really annoying. There was a massive lamp on the desk which was ridiculous. No room slippers. Breakfast was good and delivered to room on time. I would not stay there again, there has to be better for the price.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Guest R, Milan Marriott at Milan Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Jamie L,

Thank you for the feedback that you gave through The TripAdivisor web page, regarding your stay in our hotel, we really care about opinions and feedbacks like yours, because they are precious for us to improve our service.

Firstly Thank you for the nice words that you have spent to our concierge and reception staff, these words means to us that Guest have appreciated all we do day by day to make every stay a pleasant experience to each traveller.

For your next stay in Milan, please be informed that there is free Wi-Fi connection all around our lobby area always available to guest.

We hope to have the chance to welcome you again to the Milan Marriott hotel and will make every effort to better meet your expectations next time.

Sincerely

Salvatore Di Giorgio
Front Desk Supervisor | Milan Marriott Hotel
Mhrs.milit.fosupervisor@marriotthotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 12 May 2014

The title sums it up. I and a friend stayed six nights at this hotel, and I had been bragging to him beforehand about how great Marriott hotels are, especially their beds and bedding. We were in separate rooms, so this review is not based solely on one room but on both of our rooms. The mattresses were on the thin side, soft, lumpy, and simply impossible to sleep in. Both of us felt like we were falling out of our beds at night, too. So the morning after the first night, I asked the desk staff to do something - and they tried. Perhaps they put boards or something under the mattresses, I don't know - I didn't check, but the beds were a bit more bearable IF one slept in the very centre of the mattress. However, these beds are nowhere near Marriott standard. There wasn't much to be done, other than change hotels - and we weren't up to that because prices in Milan are high.
Every member of the staff - reception, concierge, restaurant, porters, housekeeping - every person was unfailingly friendly and helpful. The restaurant food was very good (other than the powdered eggs used in the scrambled eggs at breakfast). But the main purpose of staying at a hotel is to have a bed at night, and both of us had 6 nights of very poor sleep.
The decor is also very dated - it would help to lighten up the wall colour in the passage from the lobby to the elevators, because it's basically orange walls and orange marble floors. (This has been commented on in other reviews, I've noticed.) And I would have liked a comfortable easy chair in my room; instead, I had two faux-gilt wooden chairs, both of which were better suited as desk chairs than lounge chairs.
There is plenty of seating in the lobby, but we always had to hunt someone down in the restaurant to serve us drinks or coffees.
I really hate complaining, and I have stayed almost exclusively in Marriott hotels for years and years - at least 30 - so my disappointment in this Milan property is well-founded. In fact, it's the first time I've ever complained about a Marriott - but it is simply not up to standard.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank A-Yank-in-Oz
Guest R, milit at Milan Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you very much for making the time and post your comment on tripadvisor. We are sorry to learn that we failed to meet your expectations and apologize for the disappointing guest experience you had.

We appreciate your positive comments and also your constructive feedback for improvement – please accept our apologies for the mattress issues you had in your room as well as for the inattentive service you received in the lobby area. We already shared your feedback with our F&B manager and Head Housekeeper.

Your comment for sure will help us in enhancing our services; we are already in the process to change some of the mattress and hope you will give the Hotel another chance, above all to check the improvements.

Waiting for you in Milan as honored guest, we wish you all the best.

Warmest regards

Giusy Massimino
Front Desk Supervisor
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Spacious and clean room. Eateries and supermarket are just around the corner. Train Station is about 10 minutes walk away. A little quiet in the night though. Hotel provide some not bad tour packages which I took one of them; to cinque terra. 6 of us booked the mini van and we get to rest while on the road.

• Stayed November 2013
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

When being in Milan I usually stay in Milan Marriott and the current stay was again great. As a MR Platinum got upgraded to the Junior Suite without asking for, which is very welcomed (usually I need to ask for it). Junior suite is nice and spacy with a large balcony. In the exec lounge there is also outside terasse which is very nice when having the diner or glass of wine there. Free breakfast is delicious, I stayed in other Milan hotels (as I'm frequently travelling to Milan), but the breakfast here is (for my taste) the best. Its quite far from the Metro stop, but on the other hand you get some jogging :-). I also like the area (quiet) and there are nice restaurants around. I'd recommend this hotel.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Ekalaka, Montana
Reviewed 29 April 2014

While this venue is showing its age and could use some judicious updating, in the main it lives up to Marriott's reputation for being good at handling large conferences, and this was my reason for staying there, at a major conference in my field. My room was reasonably well-appointed: Bedding was, as usual at Marriott, excellent, and even though my room was on the 2nd floor facing the street, it was very quiet. Wet bar was skimpy--but there is a great supermarket right across the street, so it was easy to stock up on beverages (including a nice wine selection) and snacks. Room Service was efficient and reasonably priced. But the real stand-out here is the staff. Everyone is incredibly cordial, friendly and helpful. I had several glitches during my stay--flight delays necessitating rebooking my room and limo from the airport; lost luggage; difficulty checking in online for my return flight to the States--and the concierge desk (Giovanni and Maximus) came through for me every time. The front desk was similarly helpful, with suggestions about where to look locally to pick up a few items of apparel to tide me over until my waylaid luggage arrived. The hotel is far from centrally located, so if tourism is your main objective, you had better be prepared for plenty of public transportation. Because I would much rather walk than ride, I did find this a drawback when I had (limited) time for checking out public attractions between conference obligations. At the same time, its being located in a semi-residential neighborhood is a plus, when it comes to getting a feel for the city. There are some good restaurants nearby--I'd especially recommend Pace.

Room Tip: Unless you like to spend a lot of time waiting for elevators, ask for a lower-floor room. Stairs are...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I have stayed for 2 nights in this hotel in April, returning from Zermatt – Swiss. I want to be honest and to say that I choose this hotel because I couldn’t find other option with one week before Easter. The check in was ok, and the ladies from the front desk was ok but not too smiley.
The hotel is 10 minutes walking distance to Wagner Metro station, and direct 6 Metro station to the main attraction - Milan “Duomo” and the central shopping area. The hotel for the pricy tariffs is average. I have stayed in other Marriott Hotels in Europe and comparing the conclusion is that: is a good hotel but could be better for his name and tariffs. The hotel is a little bit outdated and you can see this issue very easy.
Just vis a vis you will find a supermarket store quite big.
Walking to Wagner Metro station at 1 minute distance you will find a very nice Restaurant ”La Piccola Napoli” where you can eat seafood, pizza and pasta.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Musa M
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel this week for a single night ( thank Goodness ), I booked it because of the name! as I knew from my experience that Marriott is a brand in hotel & resorts business that should not be neglected in having their superior touches of hospitality, leisure and customer centered services.
This hotel is far from being a Marriott one! It is Old, from the gate no one to welcome you in, no baggage handling even if you are carrying many pieces , you have to role into the long corridor to the lobby, check in was easy, swift and with a big nice smiley face ( the only positive thing in this hotel is the staff, really they are good ) . My room I booked through my agent home was a deluxe for two. I was shocked to find it with a small Quine sized bed, with single side table and single reading lamb, no arm chairs or even one except a small woody one beside the writing , tiny desk. The room it self is so small, very old woody furniture,smelly , dark, dusty looking blue carpet. No coffee maker, no complementary water, the bathroom is a one of a single star inn.
The location is a way from the center, but a walk for 5 mins is enough to reach the station, or even to find a taxi.
Internet Wi Fi is only available at the lobby!!
The breakfast is reasonable, American buffet, enough to start a day with.
Dear Marriott Milan, please do urgent renovation for this hotel, throw out this old furniture and carpets, add more attention to your guests need in their rooms.
Thank you Ms. Madalena and all the front desk ladies and gentlemen for your assistance, patience and greetings.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Guest R, Front Office Manager at Milan Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 12 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on TripAdvisor following you recent stay at the Milan Marriott hotel.

While we are obviously disappointed with your feedback about the room you occupied, we are glad to hear that you appreciate the courtesy of our associates as we strongly focused on the Passion for Service and we daily take care and follow up about this important aspect.
Please be assure that your feedback have already been carefully analyzed and discussed within the management department as constant effort.

we would like to assure you that the situation you outlined is not typical of the Marriott experience aim to deliver and we hope that you will give us another chance to welcoming you again to the Milan Marriott hotel.

Best regards,

Katia Di Martino

Travellers are raving about these Milan hotels