“A very good choice in Milan”

Milan Marriott Hotel
Ranked #144 of 426 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 8 August 2014

My husband, 6-year old son and I spent one night at this Marriott during a business trip. We found an excellent rate of 93 euro per night and, thanks to our Gold Elite status, we were upgraded to a junior suite on the 7th floor. I think that this hotel is just perfect, the only thing is that it is pretty old and shows its age pretty much.
Pros:
* a nice location in a safe neighborhood, ten minutes walk from Wagner station;
* oversized rooms (giant if you compare them to most hotels in Milan);
* nice staff;
* excellent breakfast & executive lounge service:
* resonable rates.
We will for sure be back!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Francesca-DM
There are newer reviews for Milan Marriott Hotel

Reviewed 6 August 2014

A bit far from the main core ,more of a convention /venue hotel, lacking customer service.
On a brighter note free parking at the rear of the hotel anywhere marked with white lines. Anywhere else be careful you will get ticket

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Guest R, Milan Marriott Hotel at Milan Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review about your recent stay at the Milan Marriott Hotel.
We always appreciate feedback but we are little concerned to read that the position of the hotel and the customer service need to be improved.

We simply want to be perfect for all of our guests and very keen when guests leave the hotel with warm memories. We truly hope that we will have another change to greet you again at the Milan Marriott Hotel for a new, better and enjoyable Experience!

Kind regards
Giusy Massimino
Front Desk Supervisor

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I was in Italy on business and this was the last hotel (4th one) that I stayed at prior to travelling back home. I spent nine days at this hotel. From the service, the room and the food everything was great. The breakfasts were awesome, so much selection and always very fresh. We ate in the restaurant on more than one occassion and because I was there so long I ran out of food selections but the items on the menu were for the most pretty tasty. My room was nicely decorated and the beds were very comfortable. I travel a lot for work and so a comfy bed is like gold to me. My bedroom looked out onto the Supermarket across the street. Once the window is closed, the street traffic was barely audible. The staff at the hotel were very nice and helpful with all of our requests and questions. The hotel is walking distance from several good restaurants and is located not too far from a metro station. Overall good experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Marriot hotels have high standards and the one in Milan certainly meets those. The rooms are small but properly furnished. The hotel does not provide beverages, tea or coffee, but has provided glasses. One can feel comfortable at this hotel.

The hotel is located in a shopping area where one can buy groceries and can eat in many restaurants. The hotel has a large restaurant and a fantastic breakfast. The lobby is large and beautifully decorated. The receptionists and other employees are friendly and helpful and go beyond their line of duty to help.

The lobby is large and nicely decorated. The cafeteria offers a variety of food but, as usual, the prices are higher compared to the restaurants outside. The hotel is surrounded by a supermarket and restaurants. So one can buy things and can eat out.

This has nothing to do with the hotel. Just keep in mind that if your hotel calls a taxi for you, then be ready to see anywhere 6 or 8 Euros on the meter when you get in the taxi. In Greece, most hotels will not have taxi standing outside the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I have stayed at this hotel for a half a dozen times over the years. Experience ranked in between very poor to good.

Wireless is acceptable for casual use but lacks bandwidth for professional use. Room supposedly have AC but it is so weak that even with low Summer temperatures during the day of 19 degrees C, it was impossible to get the room cooler than 20 degrees (68). If The Mial weather would have been more in line with season averages, I am afraid the room would have been 25 degrees C + which makes it impossible to sleep. This is my experience with most European hotels, they just don't care to make the investment to have sufficient cooling on site.

A few years ago when I first stayed at this hotel I had an argument with the front desk manager about their antiquated policies of mandatory passport control at check in. This is very inconvenient and lacks respect for your customers. At the end of the day many European hotels still do this but it lacks firm reason. I am glad to see they dropped this policy and at check in yesterday everything went smooth and quickly, actually the best part of my stay this time.

The hotel building is old, loads of carpets and wallpapered walls, makes it stuffy. The concierge area on the 7th floor is small, and lacks private areas, loud attendees (including certain hospitality personnel) hamper the rest you are seeking.

Parking on site is practical but expensive.

Oh and by the way I asked for a wake up call at 5 AM, which resulted in a phone wake up call at 4.40 AM. Even in Italy they can read time right?

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Guest R, Milan Marriott Hotel at Milan Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for having taken your time to share with us your impressions and feelings about your stay at Milan Marriott Hotel.

We do really appreciate productive comments, that help us improving the service we provide to our guests.

Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences that occurred during your stay. We are aware of the fact that the building does not reflect the latest architectural design, but it is a distinctive feature of our structure.

Moreover the Maintenance Department is constantly working on the improvement of our air conditioning system, because we do understand that for some guests it may be cooling insufficiently.

We are really glad that your check-in experience has been more pleasant than the previous ones. Your feedback helped us working even harder on supplying our guests’ with the best service and we thank you very much for this positive comment about this.

Looking forward to welcoming you again at Milan Marriott Hotel, we wish you a pleasant evening.

Kind regards,
Giulia Riboldi
Front Office Agent

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I spent around 4 weeks during July in the Marriot in Milan and I really want to thank all the people working there for the excellent service during my staying in the Hotel, especially the people in the restaurant and Bar, Gianmario, Gianni, Alessandro, Luis and of course Valentina.

I really appreciated your services and enjoyed the great atmosphere that you created day after day.

Excellent food, really clean rooms and facilities.

Thanks
A

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 30 July 2014

One of the best hotels in Milan. Check in very fast, friendly staff. Very comfortable bed, very clean room. For breakfast you don't have a wide variety. WiFi is not for free. The balance quality/price is a good one. Located in a good position.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business