“Good Hotel at Good Location”

WORLDHOTEL Cristoforo Colombo
Ranked #62 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Reading
“Good Hotel at Good Location”
Reviewed 10 September 2009

I would call this hotel a good 3 start hotel Great service and accomodation facilities. Very good location; my tip though is do not eat at the hotel; excellent places at cheaper and better value just outside.

Arrived late evening and the hotel could offer nothing to eat - their advice was go and look for "any" "fast food" shops outside - not very commendable. But that really was my only minus point.

I would not hesitate to use this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
BWCCH, Front Office Manager at WORLDHOTEL Cristoforo Colombo, responded to this review, 11 September 2009
Dear Nevm,
Thank you for reviewing Best Western Cristoforo Colombo Hotel.
Guest feedback is always appreciated, it is how we learn and hopefully improve upon our services. We are happy that you appreciate our service.
We are sorry that you have not been able to try our restaurant. Our restaurant "L'Uovo di Colombo" closes at 10 pm.
Next time you will arrive at our hotel during the night, please tell us in advance. Our "chef" will make a cold dish for your arrival.
I am sorry that also out the hotel you did not found any restaurants open. Normally in Milan the restaurants close to the 10.30 pm
Please come back and stay with us again! Thank you for choosing Best Western Cristoforo Colombo Hotel!

Andrea Perego & Staff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 September 2009

Great hotel, hop on and off the tourist bus, would stay again, but don't eat and drink near the top attraction as price's over the top 10 euro a pint !!!!!
Tavola Calda Pizzeria Dal Baffo was good prices 5 Euro large bottle of beer & Pizza's start at 5 Euro's

Very nice owner but very odd

Very quite in August not many shops or bar's open. but a nice break

1 Thank holly6holly
London
Reviewed 2 September 2009

Stayed one night in this impressive building. Helpful, friendly, professional and efficient staff. Room was not as big as one might wish, though fiine for our requirements. Very comfortable and large bed with lovely new cotton sheets. Slept like a log. Slight problem with mosquitoes in the ground floor lounge area, but overall a very relaxing, quiet and comfortable hotel. It's a slightly longer walk from the station than I had thought and, once on Corso Buenos Aires, it can get a bit busy if you are on foot with suitcases. Taxi back to the station was ordered smartly and arrived immediately. Under ten euros fare. Breakfast in bed very good and inexpensive.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
BWCCH, Front Office Manager at WORLDHOTEL Cristoforo Colombo, responded to this review, 3 September 2009
Dear Laurence,
Thank you for reviewing Best Western Cristoforo Colombo Hotel.
We were delighted to read all the nice comments you wrote about our hotel and staff.
We are glad you found our location excellent. Being so close to the Porta Venezia station means our guests have very easy access to the metro, a fast and economical way to travel in Milan.
new york
Reviewed 1 September 2009

A nicely kept hotel in a good location (15 min walk to the Cathedral and it felt safe at night). Room was very small (but it's Europe not America) and nicely decorate. On the downside the bathroom constantly smelt rather unpleasant, I suspect it was the smell of the drains coming up. When I asked the receptionist (who barely smiled) where to go for dinner she pointed out a local restaurant - I then asked if there was somewhere more central and she replied that that area was for the more 'fortunato' (which I assume means rich) - I found this to be an extremely rude comment, I may have been in shorts and sandals but her assumption that I couldn't afford to eat in the centre of Milan was rude and misguided. We did eventually find a nice central restaurant and hotel bar and though the prices were high it was nothing more than I'd pay in London on a night out. Breakfast the following day was good, excellent choice, mixed in quality (rubber bacon and sloppy eggs) but overall standard for a chain hotel. The other members of staff were very pleasant and I would probably stay again if I visited Milan (the rate I got was very reasonable)

Dear Richakn,
Thank you for reviewing Best Western Cristoforo Colombo Hotel.
I am very sorry that you find one of my staff rude.
I remained surprised reading this!
Our staff are always on hand to assist our guests in anyway possible, whether is recommending a restaurant or something to do while in Milan.
Our main goal is make our guests feel comfortable and welcome from the moment they walk through our doors.
We hope you will give us another chance to show you we are the best value for money. Thank you for choosing Best Western Cristoforo Colombo Hotel!

Thessaloniki, Greece
Reviewed 17 August 2009

Perfect location, close to metro station and tram stop, clean room, nice bathroom, very decent prices.
Breakfast was missing some proshutto. Also missing shower robes and hotel slipers.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
BWColombo, Front Office Manager at WORLDHOTEL Cristoforo Colombo, responded to this review, 24 August 2009
dear Marina,
thank you for reviewing Best Western Cristoforo Colombo Hotel.
We are truly grateful for your comments, 5 out of 5 rating and the time it took for you to write them in detail.
I am sorry for the things missed in bathroom. From the 1st of September we will put in all the rooms a new kit with pensonalized slippers, showersoap, cream, ecc. ecc.
Bergen, Norway
Reviewed 15 August 2009

As my girlfriend works in Best Western we've stayed in quite a few of the chain's hotels, but I've always felt that most of them look more like townhouses than hotels (although in some cases that can have it's own charm). With this hotel it was different. You got the feeling of actually entering a modern business hotel which, and it's withouth doubt a four star hotel Classy but without being too unpersonal. Located on the Buenos Aires street, one of the better shopping streets in Milan, and a not to long walk from the Duomo, I'm very happy with the location too.

Rooms were of decent sized and the one we got seemed like it was renovated recently. That is except from the bathrom which was really small, and the shower even smaller. It barely fits one person, but then again I'm not going to exercise in there anyway, so with the rest of the room looking good, we kind of didn't care too much.

Staff was polite and even recognized us on some occation, which are not too usual on every business hotel. Breakfast was ok, but the staff here told us that we had to grab what we needed immidiately, because they were closing down now, even though we arrived 10 minutes before closing. I'm sure that they wanted to be done with all the cleaning as soon as possible, but that's not the way to do it, so we felt as we were in the way.

The hotel also has a SPA at the ground floor if one would like som extra relaxation, but we never got around to test it. What I found as most negative, was that you had to pay for the internet access in the lobby. Not only did you have to pay, but it was extremely pricy, so I really felt ripped off. This should not be necessary on a modern hotel in 2009, so I hope that they reconsider making money like that. I didn't bring my laptop, so It might be that they offer free wlan in the rooms, which I really hope.

Nevertheless my overall experience with this hotel was very positive, and I would without doubt consider staying there again if we'd ever return to Milan. The negatives were mostly smaller issues, so we had a great stay at the Cristoforo Colombo. Valu for money was great, but then again it should be as we stayed at the employee rate.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Dear Thomas,

Thank you for reviewing Best Western Cristoforo Colombo Hotel. We were delighted to read that you found our staff to be very nice. Staff are always available to assist our guests in any way possible. Our main goal is make our guests feel comfortable and welcome from the moment they walk through our door.

Andrea Perego & staff
Warsaw
Reviewed 7 August 2009

I have never seen - in many hotels in the world - so small room - called "superior". I have reserved the room on Best Western website as a "very good internet price" and that's why I have got the worse room in hotel. After very long talks, with many nervous, impolite staff has changed my room for a little bigger, but only a little. Metro is close to hotel - that’s thru, but is also under the hotel, so you can hear it and feel it every 30 second from 5.00 AM to 11.00 PM. Elegant from outside and in the lobby, but it is only facade

• Stayed January 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Touris
BWColombo, Front Office manager at WORLDHOTEL Cristoforo Colombo, responded to this review, 10 August 2009
Dear Touris,

thank you for reviewing Best Western Cristoforo Colombo Hotel.
I have been indeed surprised in reading a review of January 2008!
Regarding the room , the size is standard in Italy. We are indeed a 4 stars hotel. Rating standards differ from country and region, they are based on several factors and are given after a very strict process and reviewed periodically
The hotel has totally been restructured in 2005. We are sorry but we are not able to offer more spacious rooms in comparison to the classical stardards. It's normal for a traveller that comes to Milan for the first time to remain some disappointed respect the spaces.
The proximity to the METRO (Porta Venezia in Corso Buenos Aires) is one of our plus but at the same time it can result annoying for the one whom has not accustomed there.
We are so glad about our staff that is very professional and friendly. We are proud of our experienced staff and the fact they are always on hand to assist our guests in anyway possible.
Please, give us another chance to show you what great value for money we are!

Best regards,