WORLDHOTEL Cristoforo Colombo
Hotel Berna(Milan)
US$138
US$112
  • Room Service
Radisson Blu Hotel, Milan(Milan)(Great Value!)
US$134
Agoda.com
US$106
US$86
1,203 results
All reviewscorso buenos airesmetro stationhotel is locatedgreat hotelporta veneziasteam roomhotel guestswould stay here againstayed for nightssmall roomshopping streetlight sleepersuperior roommini barenjoyed my stayvisit milanthe air conditioning
Reviewed 18 August 2010

The Christofo Columbo is part of „Best Western“-Hotels. It’s located very near to the subway station “Porta Veniziana” in a shopping district.

The rooms are newly renovated with nice classic woods and wallpapers; some were even in remodelling when we stayed. Overall it is a nice experience. But there are some facts we didn’t like:
The light in the entrance area of the room is motion controlled and you are not able to shut it off permanently, quite annoying in the middle of the night if your room mate needs a restroom stop….
The shower broke during I took one, we had to move to another room (fast help from front desk staff nevertheless). Also, you can hear loud noises from the hotel floor an every subway train passing by.
The housekeeping could do a better job as well, there was some dust around and the bottle opener was covered with some “mud”.

I would stay again, given off the good value you receive compared to other Milan hotels.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2010

Gracious helpful staff, Pleasant room. Quiet, clean and just what we needed for a brief stay in Milan.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2010

Thanks to a fellow TA contributor who suggested this hotel, I enjoyed my stay here albeit for only one night! I wish I had known earlier as I spent the first part of my Italy trip in another Milan hotel which was uncomfortable. Hotel C Colombo is located on a busy shopping strip and right next to a METRO stop so it can't be beat for convenience. The hotel lobby is impressive and modern and the restaurant/breakfast room is lovely and b'fast buffet is so well presented. Staff are very nice and professional too.Our triple room was very spacious (room 401) and beds are very comfortable with nice linen. Bathroom too is new, clean and roomy and complimentary toiletries quite luxurious! Flat screen TV too! Found the airconditioning to be a little weak (although set at lowest temperature) but it cooled down somewhat at night and we were so tired after a 10 day trip around Italy that we slept like babies on the super-comfortable beds which madeup for the airconditioning. Would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2010

I stayed at the Hotel Cristoforo for 10 days and I found it to be an excellent hotel with good amenities, large rooms, great breakfast, accessible location (2 minute walk to the Metro) and a taxi stand about 100 meters away. The staff were friendly and the dinner was surprisingly superb! A great hotel that's value for money. I will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank ashleytang
Reviewed 16 June 2010

I am so glad that I picked this hotel to stay for 5 nights. This is by far the best hotel I stayed in Italy. It is convenience and well situated if shopping is your thing. The room is huge, clean and airy. Our room faced the main street (corso bueno aires) on the 4th floor except the occasionally police siren, there was no street noise to complaint about. Bathroom is also spotless, soft white towels everyday! They even leave you a small travel pouch everyday, which contains ear plugs, q tips, shower cap,cotton pads etc...so thoughtful. I can't say enough nice things about this hotel, front desk staff is great, most are very friendly and speak very good English. Breakfast is great, although the choices are basically the same everyday but we can't be too critical. Coffee is the best in town, served with hot steamed milk...really the best coffee in Italy. All and all, I would stay in this hotel again and again, no question about it.

Duomo is only a few metro stops away from Port Venezia, you can even walk there if it is a nice day. Dont forget to visit the roof of the Duomo, awesome!!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family