Best Western Hotel Mirage
Hotels.com
US$189
US$144
  • Breakfast included
B&B Hotel Milano Cenisio Garibaldi(Milan)(Great Value!)
US$146
US$121
US$240
US$212
US$245
US$173
  • Breakfast included
Ramada Plaza Milano(Milan)(Great Value!)
US$183
US$145
Starhotels Business Palace(Milan)(Great Value!)
US$160
US$108
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Hotel Major(Milan)(Great Value!)
US$151
  • Restaurant
US$1,167
US$1,089
  • Pool
All reviewstram stopcity centregreen metro linegreat hotelclean roomsreception staffpublic transportcheck in was quickcadorna stationbreakfast is servedrecommend this hotellovely roommalpensa expressstar hotelconvenient locationyogurttickets
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 July 2011

The reason why I had chosen this hotel in Milan for my 5 days stay was quite obvious: acceptable price for a **** stars hotel and excellent Tripadvisor reviews. I moved in there with some excitement, looking forward to what is was going to be like and... here is what I have found:
The hotel is quite a distance from the city center. It can be easily reached by tram 14 that stops just 20 meters from the entrance, however, it takes some 30 minutes to get there from the Piazza Duomo area. Not because it is that far away; indeed the reason is the Milan traffic and the slowest trams I have experienced in my life.
As you enter the hotel, you see a big elegant lobby with a water and coffee stand to welcome you (partcularly appreciable on hot summer days when you still have to wait for your room to be ready, as it was in my case). The reception is quick and professional. They i.e. sell tram/bus/subway tickets, get your mail to post it, etc. In the reception hall room, there are also two PC stand with a free internet access. All in all, just what you would expect from a truly ****service.
Let's move up to the room. Mine was a double room on the 5th floor. Clean, elegant, very spacious, well equipped (incl. tea/coffee spot + minibar), displaying an efficient air conditioning (indeed, possibly even "too efficient" for I couldn't switch it off, no matter what button I pressed, but maybe it was just my lack of technical understanding...).
Now, let us go to the 6th floor to have a breakfast after a good sleep at night.
The breakfast room is spacious, it additionally displays a small terrace with several tables to eat outside in good weather. The quality of breakfast is all right; there is a variety of food, as you normally have it in upscale hotels, even though there is rather nothing about it to really blow you over. Simply very decent.
One very problematic issue about the breakfast is its service staff - admittedly not all of them but just one youngish guy who urgently needs some customer service training. I could live with the fact he hardly notices guests coming in in the morning, just concentrating on his job of cleaning the tables and supplying the food, in a manner that displays how deadly bored he is with his task. However, what made me almost furious one morning was his most inappropriate "lesson for the guests" on how to behave while getting the food on one's plate, accompanied by tapping me on the shoulders(!) and addressing me by "my friend"(!). Indeed, at first I thought I misunderstood him, or maybe my English wasn't that good and I got something wrong, but a minute later the same situation repeated with another hotel guest! It is a pity, indeed, that one ignorant (or arrogant) staff member who seems to be a big failure of the hotel recruitment services can with his rude behavior spoil the overall very positive impression of the hotel.
As a matter of fact, that is why my review rating for this hotel is "only" 4 points, and not just 5 (the highest possible rating). "Close to perfect", indeed, but still not perfect and with an urgent need for one important improvement...

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
gruppomirage, Direttore vendite at Best Western Hotel Mirage, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2011

Thank you for telling his experience at the Mirage Hotel on Tripadvisor.
I am very happy that you find the Hotel Mirage a very great place to stay in MIlan although your stay was "fouled" by one of our staff in the breakfast room, since our philosophy is complete customer satisfaction.
Please accept my personal apology about it.
We are pleased to welcome you back to our hotel!

Reviewed 19 July 2011

The service levels in this hotels are amazing.
Small example. We arrived and chose not to use the paid parking as there are a lot of parking spots in front of the hotel. As we were not clear if it was free to park there I asked the reception. They walked to my car( 100 meters) to check if it was ok so i would not be fined. These guys make a sport of customer service and doing it very well.

Rooms are very clean and, minibar prices fair. Breakfast is good and it is possible to eat a the rooftop terrace.

Trams stops right in front of the hotel ( you can buy a ticket at reception for 1,20 euro)
and tram 22 takes you to the center in about 10 to 15 minutes. Taxi will cost you about 15 euros.

When we will go shopping in MIlan this will be our hotel from now on. The big chains can learns something of how these people treat their customers

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for telling his experience at the Mirage Hotel on Tripadvisor.
I am very happy that you find the Hotel Mirage a very great place to stay in MIlan.
When our guests are satisfied is the best award for our job!

Reviewed 27 June 2011

there is a tram line directly in front of the hotel that takes you right to the centre of town. it is the number 14. (google dose not give this information) and can get you most places. hopefully you don't end up walking the mile and a half like we ended up doing, when we could have used a perfectly good tram line....

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for telling his experience at the Mirage Hotel on Tripadvisor.
I am very happy that you met your expectations and that all departments was helpful.

Reviewed 19 June 2011

My husband and I stayed here during the last leg of our Italy trip, as we were flying out of Milan to get back home. We didn't know much about the city, but the front desk staff did a great job of recommending places to go and eat (ask them to make a reservation for you at L'Immagine Ristorante Bistrot!) The hotel was a little far from the city center, but right across the street from a city train stop, so it's easy to get in and out. The rooms were also nice and comfortable - a very great place to stay in Milan!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amanda J
gruppomirage, Direttore vendite at Best Western Hotel Mirage, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2011

Thank you for telling his experience at the Mirage Hotel on Tripadvisor.
When our guests are satisfied is the best award for our job!

Reviewed 9 June 2011

Very good place for someone on a bugdet trip who´d like to splurge once in a while. Especially on the weekend the Value is amazing.
We arrived late because we were stuck in traffic but the staff was still there waiting for us. We got treated like a 5 star place and they even put our wet tent into their storage room.

All the staff speak very good english and were helpfull at any time.
Breakfast is great.
The Location is ok, its a bit outside but there is a tramstop right infront of the door. This tram will bring you right to the city center without changing.
There is a laundry place close by with friendly staff and the restaurant recommodation from the hotel staff are good.

Definetly recommend to stay here!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends