“an excellent stay”

Best Western Hotel Mirage
Ranked #56 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 10 July 2010

We didn't have much time in Milan but this hotel is wonderful regarding the accomodations and facilities providing to the customers.
especially the spa in our room...

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 June 2010

The Mirage Milan is just a few minutes by trolley and/or Metro system from all the major attractions in Milan. We were pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to access these areas from the hotel. The hotel staff were very helpful and considerate and spoke very good English. They also had a very nice breakfast served on the sixth floor with an outdoor veranda. Our room was comfortable, clean and had good amenities. The Ristorante L'Oasi nearby is a great place for Italian food and wine.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mjm27
Reviewed 27 May 2010

Although this hotel is far from the center of town (Duomo), tram line 14 takes you from the tram stop Certosa-Casella opposite the hotel in 24 minutes to metro station Lanza M2 next to the Castello Sforzesco, where you can start your walk through the city center. At Lanza metro station you can take the green metro line 2 to Cadorna train station or Central train station. Tram line 14 runs during daytime every 10 minutes, but after 22:00 hours is highly unreliable. Each night we had to take the taxi (€ 15-18) back to the hotel.
Because of the ash clouds we informed the hotel that we could arrive after midnight. We received a reassuring email that they would not give our hotel room to other guests. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. For the best restaurants in Milan according to Tripadvisor, you’ll need a reservation. Best dinnertime is 20:30 hour. Each morning the reception made the reservation by telephone and this worked very well. Wi-Fi cost € 2 per hour. Excellent breakfast between 7:00 – 10:30 is served and you can sit outside on the small roof terrace or garden. Really nice during springtime.
The hotel room was clean, the bed was a bit hard and short and the airco worked silent and very well. For € 63 per night we think this hotel is an excellent choice in Milan. If you want a special discount of 5% and internet free, book on www.hotelmirage-milano.com and use customer code “guest” (tip from the reception when we checked out).

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank goyourownway
Reviewed 8 May 2010

When we arrived thursday evening I asked about how to get to the airport on saturday May 1. The clerk gave me some basic info and we went to our room. The next morning I asked again about getting to the airport and was given the same info with a little more detail. Friday evening I again spoke with the desk went over each detail on how to get to the airport and was even sold the bus tickets. The next morning we were up at 6:am and as we check out I was advised by the desk clerk there was NO public transportation that day as it was a holiday ...May 1st. If I had been given that info on any of the 3 previous conversations I would have made other plans. Not only was I up 3 hours earlier but the taxi cost me over $100 USD. And when I did try to get more help from the morning desk clerk his english stopped. The use of their in house computer was also a waste as it would default to Russian and didn't connect to a printer. I just wanted to print my boarding pass.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pegnjan
Reviewed 25 April 2010

We were unable to get to Hotel Mirage because of the cancellation of flights recently. I emailed to Hotel Mirage to explain and they have given me a prompt refund even though my reservation specifically said that it was non-refundable and had already been cleared on my credit card. They said it was clearly exceptional circumstances. Well done Hotel Mirage!

Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 March 2010

I just came back from a stay at this hotel. Even though the hotel was far from the center ( Duomo, Central train station) it was still easy to find as the directions on the webpage are very specific. The people at the reception were very very friendly and very flexible. They really did go at great lengths to be helpful. My room was a single one. Nicely furnished, with all necessry stuff. Appliance for making coffee and tea were on the table. The room itself was very clean. The bed was uncomfortable ( the bed was an orthopedic one) and at night it got extremely cold, I had to use another blanket which was provided, and still ended up getting sick. Breakfast is a continental, quite good, but perhaps not for 4 stars. All in all it was a good experiance. I would really comeback, despite that in the evenings I would be lazy to leave the hotel to go to the center just because of the distance around 30-40 minutes to one side (to the center).

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank Internetgodfather
Reviewed 22 February 2010

I have stayed at this hotel on several occasions now and rate it very highly.

Why? Because the service is excellent, the staff are consistently pleasant and helpful, go out of their way to assist and the room I continue to choose has excellent light and views (such as they are).

I usually choose to eat breakfast in my room and the waiters in the restaurant when I call, even at the busiest hour of the day, are always at pains to ensure that I have everything I need. When the tray is brought up it is laden, generous even.

I have stayed at many hotels over the years and not often can one tick all of the boxes. But in this case, after several stays, I certainly feel that I can.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo