“Modern and Clean”

Ranked #30 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Sydney
“Modern and Clean”
Reviewed 29 November 2011

We just stayed here for one night, we chose this hotel because it was a decent price and had car parking. Staying here really made you feel like you were in italy, as our room overlooked a big court yard with units everywhere around it.

The staff were friendly enough and breakfast was the best we had in europe. they had a choice of everything you wanted.

The rooms were on the smaller side but clean. It had air-con and a safe which is what we look for in every hotel. It had basic amenities like tea/coffee and fridge.

There was a amazing spa room on the top floor which overlooked Milan. It cost 15euro per person but it was worth it. It had 2 massive day beds, showers, spa bath and a mood shower with different shower heads with different scents.

It was abit out of town so you couldnt walk to the main centre where the duomo. We got a tram the 1st time and didnt have a ticket but the tram driver just let us on, You are ment to buy them from the newsagent. On the way back we got a taxi and it was about 15euro.

If we went to milan again, we would stay somewhere closer to the centre.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 11 November 2011

This the third time I try to write a review of this hotel.

Let me start to say that I havnt slept at the hotel, but I have been at the hotel and chose NOT to book it!

Here is the reason: LOCATION!

I have lived in Milan and I needed a hotel room for a guest coming to town. The hotel had got great reviews and seemed like a very good value deal. I also read in many of the reivews that it had a great location, this is mentioned in quite a few reviews. So I checked it out and went to look at the exact location. Its NOT a great location!

The hotel it self seemed nice enough although the front desk had some limited english skills. I wont comment further on the actual hotel.

I primarly write this review because if I didnt know Milano and just read the reviews of this hotel I would think that it was located in the heart of Milano. That is not the case and as an avid tripadvisor user this is something I would like to t´know when I look for reviews of a potential hotel.

This is the third time I have tried to write this review (now its become a principle). The first time a wrote a similar review and it was posted. Within a few days of the publication of it, I got a private message here on tripadvisor from someone (dont know his affiliation with the hotel) but he urged me to alter my review or delete as it was bad for the hotel (and its business) . I replied that I would not alter it (I originally gave it 3 stars - so not to be biased .. just to inform unknowing TA-members about my issue with the hotel) .. A few days later I noticed it was removed anyway.. I dont know how that happened... second time it was never even published.....

I would like to state that I dont have any affiliation with this or any other hotel in Milano (or in the world for that matter) .. but again as an avid user myself of TA - I think (me personally) that something like the 'real' location of this hotel is a little misguided when you read reviews from other users. As I said I have lived in Milano and if you are in Milano as a tourist for shopping and sightseeing.. then the hotels location is not ideal! I would recommend staying as close as possible to the duomo especially if its a short stay... as for business trips I cant say how the location of the hotel is .. I guess that depends on your business...

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank OllieOreo
Livorno, Italy
Reviewed 1 November 2011

I stayed there for two nights during a fair I attended in October. The staff of the hotel was extremely nice and ready to accommodate last minute requests. Breakfast is much better than a five star hotel, huge choice of anything you may wish to find at breakfast. Rooms are not so big, but very clean and quite modern. Bathroom goodies are OK. Wifi is provided complimentary. It is probably one of the best four star hotels in Milan, if not the best. Ideally located few minutes walk from the Milan fair centre.

1 Thank Giovanni141967
Vashon, Washington
Reviewed 30 October 2011

I stayed with my wife and two children (ages 4 and 6) in one of the apartments, which had a separate entrance from the hotel with their own courtyard. Since the apartment faced onto the courtyard rather than the street, it was very peaceful. The apartment was bulit as a loft, with a bedroom above and living room below, large enough to accommodate two additional beds for the children. Amenities included fridge, microwave/cooking facilities, washing machine and apparatus for hanging clothes to dry. Breakfast was outstanding with regard to choice and quality. The San Marco Cafe one block away had excellent and reasonably priced (by Milan standards) food as well and made for a very good lunch. The room and common areas were modern and clean. All staff was polite and helpful. I thought the location was perfect. Just outside of the busy center in a mixed residential-commercial area on a wide tree-lined street with grassy median. Only a 10-min tram ride (trams #1 and #19, with a stop just in front of the hotel) with very consistent tram service. One strange thing I noted on the website was that the nightly rate for the apartments varied dramatically from day to day ranging from incredibly cheap (eg 120 euros) to insanely expensive (eg 700+ euros). I would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
gaserati
Reviewed 26 October 2011

I reserved 10 rooms for 3 night in a row for my delegation during a congress in October, and paid the full invoice 9 month ahead of time! Unfortunately they overbooked big times, and through us out of the Hotel 3 weeks before my meeting in Milan!!! This was a tiny disaster since this also meant that my local sitevisit (time and money) was for nothing. Within short notice I managed to find another cute Hotel (Carlyle Brera = very nice people, well organized).
I would not recomend this place, since you never know what you are running into while working with such unprofessional people.

Also the location is only convenient, if you have to go to the congress center, however if you are a general tourist, I would never stay here. Ugly surrounding, nothing to do, no shops, few restaurants.. that's not the Milan you want to discover!

1 Thank gaserati
portsmouth
Reviewed 23 October 2011

This Hotel is a fantastic place to stay when visiting Milan, Tram stops right outside the hotel to take you wherever you need to go in the city, I think this is not far from a 5*, the staff were so helpful and we had fresh fruit in our room when we returned one evening, We ate in the hotel one evening and got a glass of Champagne when we got to our table. The breakfasts were great with everything you imagine for choice. Great hotel, Great city, Couldn't recommend highly enough and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Beirut
Reviewed 22 October 2011

I stayed there when I was attending an exhibition close by. The Hotel is clean and the staff are friendly. Walking distance to the exhibition center. The rooms are a bit small but you don't need more if you are staying there for a few day for business. Beds are comfy, has an OK restaurant. Breakfast is also good. Room prices are OK. I'd stay there again for business.

1 Thank Soly20