“Wonderful!”
Review of Enterprise Hotel

Enterprise Hotel
Ranked #31 of 431 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 1 December 2011

Room was comfortable and clean. Their happy hour on Thursday nights is so fun...delicious nibbles and a free drink. Staff was professional. Tram was across the street. Easy to get around.

Room Tip: Choose a high room for quiet. One with windows overlooking the garden is very nice. The breakfast...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank MsRumphius
Write a ReviewReviews (1,747)

Reviewed 30 November 2011

Location is everything and I think Enterprise location is wrong. Its not close to the metro, its close to the tram line 1. It brings you down to the duomo but its a 20-25 min ride, but thats too far off in my view. Staff is friendly and helpful, breakfast is as described by others brilliant, very large selection and a chef to make your own requests. Room is good, bed nice but Im not sure I agree on all the "design" parts. All in all a decent hotel at good price in the wrong place. I would much rather go for starhotel anderson in the same category just next to central stazione (metros, trams, buses etc).

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FlyingFinn1973
Reviewed 29 November 2011

We just stayed here for one night, we chose this hotel because it was a decent price and had car parking. Staying here really made you feel like you were in italy, as our room overlooked a big court yard with units everywhere around it.

The staff were friendly enough and breakfast was the best we had in europe. they had a choice of everything you wanted.

The rooms were on the smaller side but clean. It had air-con and a safe which is what we look for in every hotel. It had basic amenities like tea/coffee and fridge.

There was a amazing spa room on the top floor which overlooked Milan. It cost 15euro per person but it was worth it. It had 2 massive day beds, showers, spa bath and a mood shower with different shower heads with different scents.

It was abit out of town so you couldnt walk to the main centre where the duomo. We got a tram the 1st time and didnt have a ticket but the tram driver just let us on, You are ment to buy them from the newsagent. On the way back we got a taxi and it was about 15euro.

If we went to milan again, we would stay somewhere closer to the centre.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2011

This the third time I try to write a review of this hotel.

Let me start to say that I havnt slept at the hotel, but I have been at the hotel and chose NOT to book it!

Here is the reason: LOCATION!

I have lived in Milan and I needed a hotel room for a guest coming to town. The hotel had got great reviews and seemed like a very good value deal. I also read in many of the reivews that it had a great location, this is mentioned in quite a few reviews. So I checked it out and went to look at the exact location. Its NOT a great location!

The hotel it self seemed nice enough although the front desk had some limited english skills. I wont comment further on the actual hotel.

I primarly write this review because if I didnt know Milano and just read the reviews of this hotel I would think that it was located in the heart of Milano. That is not the case and as an avid tripadvisor user this is something I would like to t´know when I look for reviews of a potential hotel.

This is the third time I have tried to write this review (now its become a principle). The first time a wrote a similar review and it was posted. Within a few days of the publication of it, I got a private message here on tripadvisor from someone (dont know his affiliation with the hotel) but he urged me to alter my review or delete as it was bad for the hotel (and its business) . I replied that I would not alter it (I originally gave it 3 stars - so not to be biased .. just to inform unknowing TA-members about my issue with the hotel) .. A few days later I noticed it was removed anyway.. I dont know how that happened... second time it was never even published.....

I would like to state that I dont have any affiliation with this or any other hotel in Milano (or in the world for that matter) .. but again as an avid user myself of TA - I think (me personally) that something like the 'real' location of this hotel is a little misguided when you read reviews from other users. As I said I have lived in Milano and if you are in Milano as a tourist for shopping and sightseeing.. then the hotels location is not ideal! I would recommend staying as close as possible to the duomo especially if its a short stay... as for business trips I cant say how the location of the hotel is .. I guess that depends on your business...

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank OllieOreo
Reviewed 1 November 2011

I stayed there for two nights during a fair I attended in October. The staff of the hotel was extremely nice and ready to accommodate last minute requests. Breakfast is much better than a five star hotel, huge choice of anything you may wish to find at breakfast. Rooms are not so big, but very clean and quite modern. Bathroom goodies are OK. Wifi is provided complimentary. It is probably one of the best four star hotels in Milan, if not the best. Ideally located few minutes walk from the Milan fair centre.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Giovanni141967
Reviewed 30 October 2011

I stayed with my wife and two children (ages 4 and 6) in one of the apartments, which had a separate entrance from the hotel with their own courtyard. Since the apartment faced onto the courtyard rather than the street, it was very peaceful. The apartment was bulit as a loft, with a bedroom above and living room below, large enough to accommodate two additional beds for the children. Amenities included fridge, microwave/cooking facilities, washing machine and apparatus for hanging clothes to dry. Breakfast was outstanding with regard to choice and quality. The San Marco Cafe one block away had excellent and reasonably priced (by Milan standards) food as well and made for a very good lunch. The room and common areas were modern and clean. All staff was polite and helpful. I thought the location was perfect. Just outside of the busy center in a mixed residential-commercial area on a wide tree-lined street with grassy median. Only a 10-min tram ride (trams #1 and #19, with a stop just in front of the hotel) with very consistent tram service. One strange thing I noted on the website was that the nightly rate for the apartments varied dramatically from day to day ranging from incredibly cheap (eg 120 euros) to insanely expensive (eg 700+ euros). I would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 October 2011

I reserved 10 rooms for 3 night in a row for my delegation during a congress in October, and paid the full invoice 9 month ahead of time! Unfortunately they overbooked big times, and through us out of the Hotel 3 weeks before my meeting in Milan!!! This was a tiny disaster since this also meant that my local sitevisit (time and money) was for nothing. Within short notice I managed to find another cute Hotel (Carlyle Brera = very nice people, well organized).
I would not recomend this place, since you never know what you are running into while working with such unprofessional people.

Also the location is only convenient, if you have to go to the congress center, however if you are a general tourist, I would never stay here. Ugly surrounding, nothing to do, no shops, few restaurants.. that's not the Milan you want to discover!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business