“Great value for money.”

Ranked #334 of 427 Hotels in Milan
London, United Kingdom
“Great value for money.”
Reviewed 28 June 2008

This is a great hotel to stay in for several reasons: good location, great staff, cheap cost, safe, clean and decent.

Stayed here for 2 days, and must say that I am really pleased with the experience. The hotel is situated very close to the Duomo area -- about 15 mins walk or so -- and just 5 mins away from the nearest metro stop which will take you to the shopping area (Montenapoleone - 2 stops away) and the Duomo in a matter of minutes.

The staff are all really nice people, and I had a good time chatting with the night staff as well. They're all decent folk and are ready to help you with any query you have. I asked for a nearby vegetarian restaurant and they immediately had suggestions for me.

They offer free wi-fi to hotel guests too, and a computer in the lobby area for internet use, free of charge! This is a great bonus in addition to the cheap lodging.

The room I stayed in was clean, quiet (facing the inner courtyard), albeit a bit small. Well, all I needed was just a place to stay, so it didn't matter to me that it wasn't a large room. The more important thing was that everything was clean. The toilet was big enough too, and many towels were provided -- just for one person!

Their breakfast service was generous too. Buffet-style, with free flow of juices, milk, and tea/coffee was served by the staff. There was cereal of a very simple variety, buns, cheese, butter and jam. Good stuff! So much better than what I had experienced in other budget Milanese hotels.

In all, I was very very happy with my stay at the hotel, and will be recommending it to friends heading to Milan. The next time I go there I'll be staying here for sure! While another hotel that I've stayed in before was also good, they were lacking in the warmth and generosity which I very much prefer! Hotel Casa Mia's cheaper anyway!! :)

• Liked — Value for money, free wi-fi, location
  • Disliked — having to go up one flight of stairs to get to the reception and rooms.
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled solo
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Greek first
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 24 December 2007

The hotel is located in Piazza della Republicca -- BUT this square is enormous. We got out of the metro of the wrong side and we were trying to find the street with no luck. The metro station is quite complicated so unless you find the right exit you feel a bit a lost because all you see is "Piazza della Republicca" and no other street name!
Anyway, we reached the hotel (after trying unsuccessfully to get directions -- no English in Milan, no communication even though I speak 4 foreign languages) and we had two very pleasant surprises waiting for us: the hotelier spoke English (quite well actually!) and there was free Internet Access.
Room was OK. It was clean, spacious enough for two persons, there was hot water in the shower so for the few hours we spent each night, it was more than OK I guess. We never had breakfast (never got to see it either!) because it was over by 10 o'clock but Alessandro (the hotelier) always offered us coffee and a croissant.
It is near the main shopping road of Milan, where one can find Prada, Gucci, Armani and so on. The location, in fact, is quite good for a low budget traveller.
I booked this hotel because it was recommended in Lonely Planet and I am pretty sure that it was the best choice for my budget.

• Stayed November 2007, travelled with friends
2 Thank kathoula
Carlsbad, California
Reviewed 11 October 2007

This hotel was very nice. My wife and I stayed here our first
2 nights in Italy and again, 3 weeks later, our last night in
Italy. Vito was perfect. When we arrived, he insisted on bringing
our bags up the stairs. Practically forced us to have a cafe (no
charge) and settled us into our room. Highlight of the hotel
was the restaurant right next door: La Tana de Lupa (wolf's
den). Stefano (owner and personality extraordinaire) provided
us with an absolutely spectacular meal...complete with com-
plimentary Lemoncella to finish.
Vito, as well, recommended another terrific restaurant down
the street our 2nd night....Baffo. Characterized by an extraordinary
buffet (unusualy for Italy)...with amazing meats and even a
wonderful selection of seafoods.
This is NOT a fancy hotel...but, as well, just try to find a nice hotel
with great staff, clean rooms, in a good section of town....for 110
Euros or so. This hotel is just fine. Ignore the one bad review...

Stayed September 2007
2 Thank Gary E
New Zealand
Reviewed 2 October 2007

I found this hotel recommended on Trip Advisor and I was glad we chose to stay here. It is a small hotel, with an excellent location within 15 minutes walk to the duomo and opposite a beautiful park. The management is most helpful in terms of advice, booking taxis etc.
The rooms are small but clean and more than adequate. The restaurant next door (La Tane di Lupo) was recommended and proved to be an excellent choice: delicious food and a very friendly host. We had a wonderful evening there and I would recommend it.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
3 Thank TravellingKiwis2
Ireland
Reviewed 19 September 2007

This hotel was the lowlight of our European trip. It was horrible. Dark, dingy, hard beds, paper-thin walls. One to avoid!!

• Stayed September 2007
1 Thank Avidtravelleruthie

Travellers are raving about these Milan hotels

Arizona
Reviewed 7 September 2007

The Casa Mia is spare, but very clean and safe. It's in a pleasant neighborhood, where there are several places to eat and have a glass of wine. I recommend it!

Stayed July 2007
1 Thank CiaoforNow07
south west england
Reviewed 5 September 2007

Booked through venere.com and read the reviews before staying. This hotel was a GEM and the staff especially Alesandra were incredibly helpful friendly welcoming and informative. Hotel was clean and comfortable and price of typical breakfast was included. Highly recommend this hotel. Use the tourist bus to get around - which stops just round the corner in the main street heading towards central station, and do see the Duomo and Sforzesco castle.

Stayed August 2007