“perfect”
Review of Casa Mia Hotel

Casa Mia Hotel
Ranked #347 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 12 July 2008

Ok, basically the hotel is right next to the westin, it's a bit of a walk from the Central station (which is a 4 euro bus ride from the linate airport). The hotel is very clean, very nice, the reception room is amazing. The breakfast is not free, but it's only 4 euro. The internet is free and the staff is usually very helpful. The first day i got in, i suppose i got in too early and the guy at the desk wasnt too nice about it -- but he, despite his standoffish attitude, let me check in early -- their usual check in is at 1. But they're pretty relaxed. The room is small, yes, but the cleanliness of the facilities (shower, outside and inside the room and reception are) and the fact that it is actually quite convenient and quaint make up for it. They have water, coffee, some alcohol, so you can hide away there on a tired day. It's very quiet, not "find a bunch of friends" kind of place. Too bad though... The walls are thin, but you have everything in your room -- the tv, the table with chair, the end table, the wardrobe and the bathroom! cmon, it's great!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled solo

Reviewed 6 July 2008

Close to repubblica exit from Metro, room size adequate, own bath w/c is adequate, no elevator, free internet, a/c room, brkfst is with croissant, cereal, coffee, juice;

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2008

This is a great hotel to stay in for several reasons: good location, great staff, cheap cost, safe, clean and decent.

Stayed here for 2 days, and must say that I am really pleased with the experience. The hotel is situated very close to the Duomo area -- about 15 mins walk or so -- and just 5 mins away from the nearest metro stop which will take you to the shopping area (Montenapoleone - 2 stops away) and the Duomo in a matter of minutes.

The staff are all really nice people, and I had a good time chatting with the night staff as well. They're all decent folk and are ready to help you with any query you have. I asked for a nearby vegetarian restaurant and they immediately had suggestions for me.

They offer free wi-fi to hotel guests too, and a computer in the lobby area for internet use, free of charge! This is a great bonus in addition to the cheap lodging.

The room I stayed in was clean, quiet (facing the inner courtyard), albeit a bit small. Well, all I needed was just a place to stay, so it didn't matter to me that it wasn't a large room. The more important thing was that everything was clean. The toilet was big enough too, and many towels were provided -- just for one person!

Their breakfast service was generous too. Buffet-style, with free flow of juices, milk, and tea/coffee was served by the staff. There was cereal of a very simple variety, buns, cheese, butter and jam. Good stuff! So much better than what I had experienced in other budget Milanese hotels.

In all, I was very very happy with my stay at the hotel, and will be recommending it to friends heading to Milan. The next time I go there I'll be staying here for sure! While another hotel that I've stayed in before was also good, they were lacking in the warmth and generosity which I very much prefer! Hotel Casa Mia's cheaper anyway!! :)

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 December 2007

The hotel is located in Piazza della Republicca -- BUT this square is enormous. We got out of the metro of the wrong side and we were trying to find the street with no luck. The metro station is quite complicated so unless you find the right exit you feel a bit a lost because all you see is "Piazza della Republicca" and no other street name!
Anyway, we reached the hotel (after trying unsuccessfully to get directions -- no English in Milan, no communication even though I speak 4 foreign languages) and we had two very pleasant surprises waiting for us: the hotelier spoke English (quite well actually!) and there was free Internet Access.
Room was OK. It was clean, spacious enough for two persons, there was hot water in the shower so for the few hours we spent each night, it was more than OK I guess. We never had breakfast (never got to see it either!) because it was over by 10 o'clock but Alessandro (the hotelier) always offered us coffee and a croissant.
It is near the main shopping road of Milan, where one can find Prada, Gucci, Armani and so on. The location, in fact, is quite good for a low budget traveller.
I booked this hotel because it was recommended in Lonely Planet and I am pretty sure that it was the best choice for my budget.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with friends
2  Thank kathoula
Reviewed 11 October 2007

This hotel was very nice. My wife and I stayed here our first
2 nights in Italy and again, 3 weeks later, our last night in
Italy. Vito was perfect. When we arrived, he insisted on bringing
our bags up the stairs. Practically forced us to have a cafe (no
charge) and settled us into our room. Highlight of the hotel
was the restaurant right next door: La Tana de Lupa (wolf's
den). Stefano (owner and personality extraordinaire) provided
us with an absolutely spectacular meal...complete with com-
plimentary Lemoncella to finish.
Vito, as well, recommended another terrific restaurant down
the street our 2nd night....Baffo. Characterized by an extraordinary
buffet (unusualy for Italy)...with amazing meats and even a
wonderful selection of seafoods.
This is NOT a fancy hotel...but, as well, just try to find a nice hotel
with great staff, clean rooms, in a good section of town....for 110
Euros or so. This hotel is just fine. Ignore the one bad review...

Stayed: September 2007
2  Thank Gary E
Reviewed 2 October 2007

I found this hotel recommended on Trip Advisor and I was glad we chose to stay here. It is a small hotel, with an excellent location within 15 minutes walk to the duomo and opposite a beautiful park. The management is most helpful in terms of advice, booking taxis etc.
The rooms are small but clean and more than adequate. The restaurant next door (La Tane di Lupo) was recommended and proved to be an excellent choice: delicious food and a very friendly host. We had a wonderful evening there and I would recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TravellingKiwis2
Reviewed 19 September 2007

This hotel was the lowlight of our European trip. It was horrible. Dark, dingy, hard beds, paper-thin walls. One to avoid!!

• Stayed: September 2007