“Great stay”

Ranked #214 of 427 Hotels in Milan
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great stay”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We were at this hotel recently for a one night stay. We had been travelling round Northern Italy and this was the cheapest hotel we stayed in although the standard was very good. We had a good sized room, huge bed with lovely bedding.
Everything seemed new and clean.
The breakfast was very good considering it was a continental breakfast- meats, cheeses, eggs, lots of different types of bread, cakes etc.
Really convenient for the Central Station.
Thoroughly recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
ny, ny
Reviewed 4 September 2013

This hotel is really only good for its proximity to the train station. The room was small and the bathroom was old and stained. However, the staff is friendly and helpful enough. I only stayed for one night for a connection flight.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Greater London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2013

I stay at this hotel every time I go to Milano on short business trips (up to 5 days). This is why:

Location: very practical. About 5 min. walk from the Central Station. So, it's perfect if you need to travel by tube or by train. The neighbourhood isn't particularly nice, for example, to take a walk in the evening (because of the proximity of the station). Whether you like the location or not depends on the purpose of your trip. Also can get quite loud at night and the noise might keep you awake (as it did me on two occasions).

Staff: quite friendly. Helped me make taxi arrangements, gave me advice on how to reach certain places. When I couldn't switch on the TV (disconnected antenna) - I just had to make a call and within 5 min. a man from the lobby came up and fixed it.
No one offered to help take my very heavy suitcase up to the room.

Rooms: very competitive prices. Clean, quite spacious for the amount you pay. Good air-conditioning and bathrooms. Free wi-fi.

Breakfasts: quite basic. Cornflakes, ham, couple of cheeses, jams, muesli, fruit, bread. Normally 2 selections of cakes. But enough to get you going.

Verdict: great if you just need to stay a couple of nights in Milano and don't want to spend an exorbitant amount of money, but I probably wouldn't stay at this hotel for a longer time or if I were on holiday.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Maria Z
Sao Jose Dos Campos, SP
Reviewed 15 July 2013

It is a very nice hotel, very friendly staff, comfortable, clean and near the central station, easy access to trains and metro. I didn´t have the breakfast at the hotel. I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Egypt
Reviewed 3 June 2013

I go to Milano for business, once a month I have to be in this lovely city, but always for a short stay. This hotel is becoming like a second home for me in Italy , the high light of the hotel ids the staff . Once you are a regular guest they treat you as one of the family and this is what I really like. The rooms are super clean and the location is fantastic few minutes' walk to the central station and about 8 minutes walk to the shopping street. The rooms on the 5th and 6th floor are renovated and it's always better to be in a high floor to avoid the noise of the street. The breakfast buffet is humble but the coffee is very good. End of the story is that I decided not to change any more hotels in Milano and becoming a regular guest is giving you the advantage to book over the phone without internet booking sites and all the hassle and credit cards problems . Just call the magic guy (Sayed) at the reception and he will take it from there , he is making the booking arranging transfers giving directions and good shopping tips even an umbrella if it's raining. Simply he is the super man of this hotel (he is always in the morning shift)

Room Tip: ask for a high floor 5th or 6th, those rooms are renovated and very clean
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Bassemgobran
New York City, New York
Reviewed 21 May 2013

i`ve been here last summer, the hotel was great, maybe not like a 5stars hotel, but for my 2 days trip in milano, it was perfect. just 4min away from the milano railaway mainstation. not expensive, ver friendly staff, liked the food. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Traveler F
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 6 May 2013

We stayed in this place during 18-19 April 2013 (1 night). At first we are pretty fine with the room and its location. This hotel has standard facility like other hotel with the location nearby the Milano Central station and Metro.

Room: Clean enough with the ok space. Bathroom is good like standard hotel provided.

Location: is great. It is near Milano Central station and Metro. Easy walk and quite safe even in the night.

Service: fair like standard hotel. However there was some issue happened that you can read after this.

Negative point: This turns everything down. We had a late night dinner and came back late. We also had to pack our thing because we will leave to Bangkok early morning on the next day. (This is the reason I booked “HOTEL” not BB because I need a tight sleep!) While we were packing thing, the air condition was switch offed. We thought it broken but we found out later when we phoned to reception that it is hotel policy to switch off all air con in hotel after midnight! Receptionist also told me that the weather outside was cold and we had to open to window if we need flow air! Ridiculous! We chose this hotel because it facilitate “AIR CONDITION” but there wasn’t any information provided when we booked about turning off air con. (Unless we won’t stay here!) Our room is on 1st floor and we didn't feel convenience to open it (but we had to!) Reception also told me that the weather in Milan will be getting colder tomorrow because it will be rain! Who cares? Because we stay only this night! Finally we had to open window and you know it is not that cold to sleep comfortably and forget about sleep tight!

Considering the location, there is plenty of hotel around this hotel. (can find in google) and from looking outside more nicer and newer. This is our wrong decision to choose this hotel.

Room Tip: If you have no choice. Ask for high floor room so that you can breath well at night.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sureeyuh

Travellers are raving about these Milan hotels