Hotel Galileo
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgreat locationsan babilano safe in the roomelectric plugsfashion streetluxury shoppingstayed here for a weekfew minutes walkmilan cathedralreception staff areexcellent breakfastcity breakhotel is locatedbusiness tripmetro stationcorsodome
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Stayed at the Hotel Galileo for 2 nights, in fact I'm typing this review as I enjoy breakfast before checking out. This is my first trip to Milan and first trip travelling on my own - couldn't have picked a better place to stay. The reviews were on point. Some describe the hotel as 'dated', yet in a city renowned for its design the term 'retro' seems more suited :). Whichever word suits, the interior is spotlessly clean. Thanks Alan F for the airport transfer tip from Linate. I jumped on the 73 and was there in no time. To add to Alan's review below - you need to get off at the last stop, the hotel is straight ahead on the right. I stayed in a single room on the 5th floor and was not disappointed. It was spacious, comfortable and the dressing gown and slippers were a nice touch. I'm not a big eater or foodie, what was served for breakfast was nice enough. They score extra points for the wheat free bread and rice cakes, which are there at no extra cost. I didn't dine in the restaurant for dinner I did however enjoy a glass or two of wine at the bar. The staff were incredibly friendly and the chef surprised me with complimentary Hors d'oeuvres, which were delicious! The hotel is a stones throw away from the metro, La Scala, Duomo and many other attractions. For all the fashionista's out there it's Mecca! The hotel is in the best spot. Travel light, you'll need the extra space. Before you pay the designer prices head to the designer discount store Il Salvagente where it's bargains galore. You'll find some lovely boutiques near Pinacoteca di Brera (nrst metro - Lanza). I've fallen in love with Milan so will definitely return and will certainly stay at the Hotel Galileo.

Room Tip: Ask for a non smoking room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank ateamladies
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Very nice central hotel however never informed of milan tourist tax of 5 e per person per night until we checked out! Bit of a shock otherwise lovely city and great shopping hotel so central to dome, metro,shops, restaurants and walking distance to night life

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We stayed at Hotel Galileo for 2 nights to attend a performance at La Scala Opera House.
The hotel interior is dated but spotlessly clean. Our room was large with a good bathroom and very comfortable. Breakfast buffet was one of the best I have found in an inexpensive European hotel. Bar and restaurant also very good and reasonably priced. All the staff were charming and helpful.

Location was so convenient - 5 minutes walk to La Scala, the Cathedral and city centre shops and restaurants.

I would not hesitate to return for another stay and recommend this hotel as a good reasonably priced and convenient place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rosemary M
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We returned to the Galileo this month for our ten-day Milano visit with friends. Once again, we were impressed with most everything about this friendly hotel. The reception staff is welcoming and always helpful, the breakfast is extensive (served with great skill and charm, especially, by Giancarlo and Paulina....both exceptional!). The housekeeping ladies are efficient and pleasant, especially Renata, who works the evening shift. For convenience and value, this hotel is a gem! Can't wait for the next time!

Room Tip: Floors above the seventh have been renovated and are definitely worth the extra cost, and we prefer a room on the rear. This time the air conditioning didn't seem to be very efficient; since it was late in the season, that wasn't too much of an issue, though it might well have been, were the weather warmer. The bathrooms have all been updated and are great!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 September 2013

So we've just returned from a 6 night stay in this hotel and found it to be ideal for our trip. We were over for the Formula 1 GP and didn't want to stay far out of the city and so opted for this hotel - and we were not disappointed. The location of this hotel is perfect - shops and restaurants are within 100 steps and the Duomo is only a 5 minute walk away.
We stayed in room 708 and the only complaint I have is that there are no curtains in the room. There are screens over the windows but they obviously don't block out the early morning sunlight which led to us wakening up earlier than we would have liked to but it by no means ruined our stay. The bathroom was huge - 2 sinks, full wall of mirrors and a powerful shower - perfect! Breakfast buffet has something for everyone - sausages, bacon, eggs, cold meats, cheeses, fresh fruits, yogurts, pastries, teas, coffees and juices - and we did use the restaurant for lunch and dinner on a couple of occasions and were not disappointed at all. We also used the laundry service and even though we missed the 9am deadline for same day return, when we came back in the evening our clean clothes were there.
The staff were very helpful indeed and I would have no hesitation at all in recommending this hotel to anyone. If I do ever go back to Milan, the Hotel Galileo would be my first choice for hotels.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple