“Do not trust a reservation here” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Hotel Vittoria
Ranked #183 of 430 Hotels in Milan
Agadir
“Do not trust a reservation here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2008

I arrived in the Vittoria Hotel at 11:00 pm at night, as I had adviced I would through the travel agent and as stated in my confirmed reservation receipt, which I showed upon arrival for a quick identification of the reservation number (IRH).

I was told that the reservation had been canceled at a later time
because they seamed to have a problem with the credit card used in guaranty for payment, and that, moreover, they had no more available rooms even in case I would guaranty my payment with another card or even in cash.

The reservation was NOT cancelled/modiffied by myself and no problem at all had really occured with my credit card.

Moreover, I guarantied the same travel agent and that very day my payment for another reservation (IHR) , with exactly the same credit card, which expense limit was above 3.000 euros.

It comes rather obvious, instead, that the hotel had by no means
communicated such cancellation to either the travel agent nor myself, and it is evident that the room was sold out to someone else without any warning. They got the money on hand from the first one arriving, that was all.

We must keep in mind that the reservation was
formally confirmed and, nevertheless, if canceled at a later time (which is, however, not allowed once confirmed), I was
not at all advised to me nor the travel agent in order to gain a minimum reaction capability on my side so as to avoid finding myself without a room reservation in Milan nearly at midnight, which in fact happened.

Thus I found myself taking a taxi at 12 at night in Milan, towards a
hotel 2 kms away from the one I had chosen precisely because its location convenience, and furthermore, the new hotel they found for me was a 3 star hotel which didn't at all match my standards, let's say.

Bearing all this in mind, I believe that there is no possible doubt that Hotel Vittoria incurred in professional services misconduct and failure to comply with Reservation rules and standards

I was denied the possibility of rising a formal claim according to EU Council Directives.

• Stayed November 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank Traveller77346
vittoriahotel, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Vittoria, responded to this review, 17 January 2013
Dear Traveller77346,

We would like to thank you for letting us know your experience. Every single point of view increases our professionality.

We are very sorry for what happened. I can immagine it wasn't pleasent for you to come in the Hotel where you wished to stay and you have found out there were no reservation there for you.

We always put the client as first thing we have to care about.

What happend is that we recieved a reservation with an invalid credit card. What we have to do when this happens is to communicate right away to the agency the error and the agency should call the client for a new credit card or the agency itself can guarantee the reservation with its own credit card. Unfortunately, in your case, after we waited 4 days and after 5 different emails, we had no answer from your travel agency so the reservation has been automatically cancelled with a notification (by fax AND e-mail) to the travel agency. This is what happened. We do not want our clients to feel tricked, this is not who we are. It is 30 years that we constantly serve our numerous clients who choose us year after year.

I hope there will be a new opportunity for you to be our guest and, this time, you wont be disappointed.

If you still have doubts or for any further information I will be personally at your disposal.

Customers Satisfaction Dpt.
Hotel Vittoria Milano

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Polish first
Strasbourg
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2007

If you wanan pay 300 Euros for a 9 spm room (bathroom included) : go to Vittoria hotel. Honnestly, I went to many many hotels, but I've never seen this for a 4 stars. How coudl they get 4 stars ? Internet not working, tiny room (quite sufocating), very poor breakfast (hoorible bred and croissant, only coffee is really excellent). They say it's central, well, yes it' in town, but for this price... you've better time going to Ibis Hotel close to this hotel !!! I won't go there anymore, for sure !

• Liked — coffee
  • Disliked — the rest
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
vittoriahotel, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Vittoria, responded to this review, 13 January 2013
Dear hcoin,

First of all we would like to thank you for your comment and we would like to give you our sincere apologies not to answer you back right after you posted your omment on-line.

The guest is the center of our world and we make everything possible to let you have the perfect stay.

Regarding the size of the room, we would like to underline that we have different types of room: classic, Medium and superior in order to meet all the kind of requests. Our staff is at your disposal 24h on 24h 7 days a week for any problem or information. Thanks to comments like yours we made a lot of improvements (like internet, now free for all the guests).

Regarding the price of the room, it depends on the period you have made the reservation: usually during the ''Fiera Del Mobile'' the prices tend to be higher than in other period.

We have a range of prices that goes from € 65 (for a single room) untill € 300 in period of high demands (always keeping lower prices respect to our compettors).

Once again we thank you for being our costumer and thank you for the opportunity you gave us to enlarge our point of view.

We hope you want to give us a second chance, you will be positively surprised.

Customers Satisfaction Dpt
Hotel Vittoria Milan

Travellers are raving about these Milan hotels

Teesside
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2007

This hotel is ok - clean, no complaints about service, although we only stayed for one night and had to leave before breakfast, so they didn't have to do much more than give us he keys. But for the price we paid (for a family room) the rooms - adjoining - were very small indeed. The bathhrooms were tiny in the extreme - unless you like being able to use sink, WC and shower simultaneously. And the location is neither as central nor as exciting as the website suggests.

• Stayed August 2007
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
vittoriahotel, Gabriele Perla - Customers Satisfaction Dpt at Hotel Vittoria, responded to this review, 27 February 2011
Dear onTees,

we would like to thank you for your review and for the time you have spent for us.

Our Hotel is situated in the center of Milan, only 15 minutes walk from the Duomo an near all the bus and tram lines that link us to all the city and near the most famous monuments in Milan and shopping areas.

Regarding the price you paid, we would like to clarify that in high season the prices tend to be higher than the usual; you will find the best prices in Milan for a 4 stars Hotel in a classic atmosphere all the rest of the year.

Thank you again and, I hope, to see you again as our guest here at Hotel Vittoria.

Customers Satisfaction Dpt
Hotel Vittoria Milan
home
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2006

I stayed for only one night at Hotel Vittoria and what can I say? It was pleasant, i could take a hot, soothing shower and also sleep in a comfortable bed. But that's it. For the prices they ask, the conditions are really poor. For example: after coming from a long and tiring day all I wanted to do is sleep. After turning off the lights and getting into bed all i could hear was noise from the other rooms; toilet flushing, a person blowing his/her nose, kids laughing. All trugh the night i was awaken by all kinds of sounds coming from the other rooms plus one sound (like a dripping) coming from mine (i couldn't spot from where exactly). In the morning when i got up i could hear a woman speaking to her husband and telling him that she could not sleep because of the noise.

Apart from this, the room was nice and small but that was ok with me. I didn't feel crammed or something. The towels and bed wear were extremely clean, the bathroom was the same. For just one night it didn't bother me that the tv had only itallian channels (but if i had stayed more i think that would have been a problem).

• Liked — it was very cozy
  • Disliked — i could hear all kinds of sounds from other rooms
  • Tips/Secrets — close the batroom door (reduces some sounds)
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Apex, NC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2006

OK....I have NEVER had a worse hotel experience than this one. My arrival to Hotel Vittoria found me with a reservation and no room. Not only did they not honor my reservation, but upon my evening arrival after a long train ride, they didn't even have an alternative ready for me. The staff scrambled around yelling at eachother in Italian for about 5 minutes before they even shared with us what was going on. Literally, yelling down the hall as they stormed around. I am not even sure if our room was the topic. They were rude not only to us, but to other members of the staff while we stood there.

To give them an ounce of credit, they had a guest who had unexpected surgery, and could not vacate their room. This, I totally understand, and am flexible. But to have us arrive without a single thought as to what they would do for us as an alternative was totally uncalled for.

After telling them that we needed their assistance to find another place to stay, (!!!!!) they found us a room at a "nearby equivalent hotel". They sent us off, ON FOOT, for what they said was a 5 minute walk. This "5 minute walk" was 15 minutes further from town. By the time we arrived at our new destination with our 2 weeks worth of luggage, we found a total dump to our dismay. I am a pretty flexible person, but I was not going to stay here. Since we were only staying one night in Milan....and I seriously was afraid of cockroaches in my luggage at this place, we went back to the train station and off to our next destination - Florence.

In my opinion, it wasn't the fact that they didn't have a room for us.
That stuff happens. It was the lack of customer service through the incident. They should have had alternate nicer accomodations ready for us upon arrival, and should have provided us with a ride there.

If you book this place....beware!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Tips/Secrets — don't stay here
  • Stayed June 2006, travelled as a couple
2 Thank antonimt
vittoriahotel, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Vittoria, responded to this review, 16 January 2013
Dear antonimt,

We are all personally very shocked by what we read so far! We have never had such behavior, never! I can assure you that such a thing has never happened.

It is now 30 years that we give our best to make sure that the guest can feel at home and may have That special experience he/she deserves.

Our behavior has always been exemplary and it always will be.

Customer Satisfaction Dpt.
Hotel Vittoria Mailand
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2006

I stayed there in 2004 but just got the courage to write this. It is central to wherever you want to go but I found them to be quite rude. Also, I used the phone in the lobby, which they said was complementary to use my calling cards. They ultimately charged me for calls which may or may not have been mine in excess of $100 so DO NOT USE THEIR PHONES. Furthermore, their rooms do not look like the one in the picture with the red chairs. From what I can remember though the bathroom was nice. I did not book the hotel (a friend did) and she hated it even more than me. They actually ruined the trip for her with their extra charges and billing mess-ups. I left my glasses and realized it after I got back to the US and spent a week calling them asking them to send it (which they refused to do even if I paid). I ended up having a friend pick them up and bring them back to the States for me. So, I would not recommend this place at all.

• Stayed February 2004
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dear Guest,

we would like to thank You to have chosen our Hotel in the past. We are very sorry that You did not have the special stay that You deserved.

We are happy to let you know that we made a lot of improvements since the last time that you were here. At the time (9 years ago) we were a three star hotel. Now we have made our Hotel a brand new Hotel (as you can see from the pictures we posted on line on Tripadvisor).

I know this reply is now too late but we want to make sure that you understand that we truly care about you.

If you would like to give us a second chance, you will be positively surprised.

Customers Satisfaction Dpt.